the Rift

[OPEN] Forever Changed [Welcoming]

Astraea Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Like the stars up above, I remained silent as Thor motioned for us to enter the the opening into the Edge. Excited as I was, a hint of nervousness lingered within my heart as we worked our way up the incline. Would everyone like me? Would I like everybody? Would I be able to live up to any expectations that would be thrust upon me? I had no idea exactly how this herd worked. Was it more militaristic, peaceful, nonchalant, hunter gatherer?

I really had no idea. And yet I chose it to be my home.

My ears pricked forward as Thor rambled ahead of me. Something about keep my distance in case he should slip. Just as I provided him some room, one of his hind legs slipped out from under him and after he caught his balance he continued on while saying something about FrostFall not being a friend of his.

FrostFall.

The word stuck in my head and I paused to take a look around me. All this white snow on the ground, the cold that crystallized the very breath that escaped my lungs. That was what he meant, or at least that's what I thought he meant. This weather, this season...they called it FrostFall here.

“Neither is it one of mine,” I mentioned to him as I pushed my way through the snow and to his side, “I've not experienced much weather like this, so I guess it is only natural that I dislike it.”

As we traveled the incline seemed to flatten out and there was a line of tree just shortly off in the distance. I looked to Thor – waiting to see what his next plan of action would be – but it seemed liked he decided to pause for a few minutes and spoke to me. He said something along the lines about how he was happy that I found the Edge to my liking. He surprised me by referring to the Edge as a she and saying how she'll play games with me if I let her. I took a quick look around noting how the mists seemed to curl and reach towards other objects. Or was that just my imagination? When I looked back to Thor with a questioning look he winked back to me – a signal that he was merely joking.

Or was he?

I continued to follow him as he stepped forward only for us to be attacked by a furious cold wind and then into the woods. Once we were somewhat sheltered from the raging wind, he spoke again. This time he mentioned ranks within the herd. Nurse, Sleuth, Protector, Philosopher, Crafter. Most of the titles seemed like gibberish to me so I didn't know what they were exactly. I did however infer that a nurse was some sort of healer and a protector was some sort of soldier. Then he asked for me to tell a little bit about myself and my interests.

“Where do I begin?” I muttered more so to myself as I looked down to the ground and pawed at the snow laying just before me, “Well,” I paused as I formed the words within my mind before speaking them aloud, “My real mother abandoned me shortly after birth and the mare who took me in didn't really want me either. I've never really stayed in one place for too long. I've always been a bit more independent, ever since I was really little mainly because I've never truly felt like I've belonged.. I've never really made many friends and have remained more to myself than anything.”

As I said my life story to Thor, I realized how somber it must have appeared. A lonely orphan traveling the world all by herself. Not once making friends. Not once having a family. Not once having a place to call home. But regardless of how bad it may have seemed, a smile still found its way onto my face as I looked up to Thor.

“But it wasn't all that bad. I got to see and experience so many things. And I eventually wound up here didn't I? Besides, I wouldn't say I was completely alone. I had the stars to guide me and to talk to,” with that I looked up towards the sky and silently sent a thank you to the constellation Orion for leading me to my new home and then continued to answer his question about what interests me, “Puzzles,” my eyes felt like they lit up as I said this, “I've always been curious. I love to learn new things and solve problems and help others,” I then turned to Thor and continued with my little speech, “As for ranks, I'm not exactly one for physical violence. I'd rather solve my problems with words instead. So I'm guessing a Protector would not be a good fit for me. And even though I admire the duties of a nurse, I'd rather not limit my knowledge to just healing others.”

With my mouth now shut, I felt like I might have rambled a bit or talked Thor's ears off. So I remained silent as I looked up to him and waited to see what he had to say in response to my words. Hopefully, he didn't pity me for my past life. The last thing I wanted was pity from anybody, but even I knew that I couldn't stop what others felt.
"Speech"
word count;; 914
muse;; geronimo by sheppard
tags;; @[Thor] and I guess anybody else if you're wanting that linds lol
Astra's reff;; Click!
Astra's voice;; Adelaide Kane (AKA Mary Queen of Scots from Reign).
ooc;; omg she's being more chatty than I thought she would have xD
character design © Evvers
posting format © Evvers
coding © Evvers

Messages In This Thread
Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-20-2014, 08:25 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Astraea - 10-22-2014, 05:19 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-25-2014, 06:11 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Astraea - 10-26-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-27-2014, 11:16 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Astraea - 11-09-2014, 01:26 AM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 11-09-2014, 02:13 PM