the Rift

[OPEN] Forever Changed [Welcoming]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
There was something naïve and simple about Astraea that I found myself growing quite fond of. The way she quietly mulled over my shallow jokes or the way she looked at me when I talked about the Edge; it was like everything was new and alive around her. She was so deeply intrigued by the thought of becoming part of something larger than herself that I was immediately taken with the young filly. Her desire for life and her willingness to devote herself to it so fully in spite of the many things she’d yet to understand. It was like a cool drink of water or a breath of fresh air… In truth, she was too much like Essetia. Or perhaps I liked to tempt myself with such threatening ideals. Of which sin I found more appealing I was still unsure, but they still hung loosely around me like flies- irritating but not so much so that I could not ignore them.

I’d tried my best not to bombard the young girl with too much information, but upon sharing our ranking system with her, she appeared to be more confused than ever. I didn’t expect her to know exactly what made our home function, but the least I could do was help place her in a position to choose her fate knowledgably. However, as most females tend to do, she caught me completely off guard by launching into a detailed account of her background. I could not blame her for feeling the need to unpack all that troubled her because I had once shared her shoes… In fact, as she spoke, my eyes softened and the murky pools of their depths focused solely on her. I could relate to her nomadic life because I too had sought comfort in isolation, but we shared the desire to return to society and to those we would take chances on again and again, if only to feel a connection or appreciation. I wanted more than anything to understand this filly even if I could not understand myself… This was her time of flowering and growing into all that she could and would be and I was intent to push her into such a situation.

When she had quieted, I let the silence create the space I knew she would need in order to recover from such a memory. Her life was a lonely one and a single day spent in my company would certainly do little in order to remedy that, but I had the will to make it otherwise. “I can assure you that you are wanted here. I can’t promise a smooth ride, but I can promise that you will find support amongst your peers. I encourage you to seek out each of our members individually because every single one of them will have a great tale to tell, myself included.” With a stunted smile, I moved on seamlessly. Of course we all had a story and I was sure that many would feel comfortable sharing their own, but I had no real desire to approach this youngster with my burdens. They were much to carry, but I still enjoyed their heft upon my own back for the time being.

I enjoyed remembering the pain that gave me the strength to rise above adversity.

However, with past angst forgotten, the star child moved on to more interesting sentiments. It was funny that I’d decided to refer to her as a star child since meeting her in the Threshold because her love of the stars was enough to ensure that I’d been correct in my depictions of her. After amusing myself with my abilities to knowledgably pinpoint another’s characteristics accurately, I nodded solemnly at Astraea in hopes that she would see my willingness to leave stories of her past to wither in the midst of our conversation before delighting in her shared love of puzzles. With fierce jubilance I laughed before complimenting, “I’ve just the thing for you then my dear.” Resting back onto my wide haunches, I took a moment to ponder how I might broach the topic at hand with as much ease and simplicity as I could muster. I didn’t want to confuse her again. “If you prefer solving puzzles, you might do well to look into becoming a sleuth. I’m actually one myself, though aiming for much more shortly. Together we could solve riddles posed by other herds or enemies in Helovia to protect the Edge. Your job would be to find out critical information and use it to keep other informants from taking from our family. Does that sound like something you would enjoy doing?” My eyes were alight with mischief and excitement for my new endeavor and I hoped that someone else would find such interests in the given position. I was intent on promoting as many sleuths as I could because, as per my tendencies, I liked to recruit everyone for just about anything…

Image Credits

@[Astraea]

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-20-2014, 08:25 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Astraea - 10-22-2014, 05:19 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-25-2014, 06:11 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Astraea - 10-26-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-27-2014, 11:16 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Astraea - 11-09-2014, 01:26 AM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 11-09-2014, 02:13 PM