the Rift

[OPEN] Forever Changed [Welcoming]

Astraea Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Thor seemed silent. Like he was taking everything that I said in. But when I looked over to him, I saw his eyes soften and a pang of regret resounded within me. I knew my life story thus far was a sad one, but I didn't need...no, I didn't want his pity. I looked to the snow covered ground and messed with the snow with my right front hoof – my way of trying to ignore that 'I'm sorry' look. Then he spoke to me and my ears flicked his way. He mentioned that I was wanted here and that I'd find support amongst friends and that every member of the herd had a great tale to tell, including him. My eyes squinted a little out of curiosity and I looked to him. He had a great tale to tell? I pondered for a few minutes. Was his story a sad one, a happy one, a funny one, a depressing one? I had no idea what his story would be like and there was only one way I would find out.

“So what's yours?” I ask without thinking at first then I doubled back on myself as I realized how insensitive I sounded, “That is if you're willing to share?”

A few minutes passed before Thor let out a laugh that captured my interest. I've just the thing for you then my dear he had said. His words hung in the air like the icicles from the branches...pretty but precarious. Excitement washed over me, but I wanted to make sure this...thing was just the thing for me so I waited for him to continue on.

It didn't take him long, although he did relax and shifted his weight before doing so. With my full attention directed at him, I listened to every word he said, every pause he took, every twitch he might have made. Secretly I was still conducting my own assessment of him. Was he kind to the heart, or was it all just a show? What did he like, or dislike? What were his morals? Just what was he like in general? All I really knew about Thor was that he seemed like a nice guy and that he brought me here and that he had offered the Edge as my new home.

The more Thor spoke however, the more I realized that he was pretty much on par with his insights of me. A sleuth. Someone who solves puzzles and riddles to protect the Edge from other herds and enemies. It was also someone who would find out important information to use to keep others at bay to protect the family. Our family he had said. There was that word again. Family. An anxious feeling began to gnaw at my stomach as I remembered that I was not only being accepted into a herd, but a family. Yes, a family. Something that I'd never truly had and had never really expected to have despite how things had turned out for me thus far. “This will be my family from now on,” I thought to myself and a faint smile grew upon my lips as I thought about it. Yes...this was going to be my home and its inhabitants would be my family. “And I will be a sleuth,” I added on inside my head as I looked up at Thor.

“Yes it does,” I stated to him calmly at first but then ended on a somewhat giddy tone, “Where do I start?”

"Astra's speech"|"Astra's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 588
TAGGED;; @[Thor]
OOC;; Sorry it took so long. But hopefully it's decent enough xD.

ASTRA'S REF;; Click!
ASTRA'S VOICE;; Adelaide Kane (AKA Mary Queen of Scots from Reign).
LRYICS;; Geronimo by Sheppard.

Messages In This Thread
Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-20-2014, 08:25 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Astraea - 10-22-2014, 05:19 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-25-2014, 06:11 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Astraea - 10-26-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 10-27-2014, 11:16 PM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Astraea - 11-09-2014, 01:26 AM
RE: Forever Changed [Welcoming] - by Thor - 11-09-2014, 02:13 PM