the Rift

How soon is now? [Open]

Ricciardo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

R I C C I A R D O
The Sandman.

It hadn't occurred to the flame-kissed brute that he could give in to the temptations of curiosity. This curious nature that had approached him was too much to defy, and so he followed his instinct. The Sandman wandered far to the East of the Edge, his own territory. Now finding himself within what was scented as another homeland, he gazed round with utter interest at his surroundings. Here the wind whistled through stunted trees that scattered the landscape in scarce fashion, the grass also stunted. There was plenty of grass, and herbage, but in this almost barren landscape it did not seem enough. The rocks that had been long worn down by the winds were placed willy nilly around the terra firma; Ricciardo thought they were rather easy to catch his daggers on. Beyond in the horizon, mountains jutted out and overall gave the place a far more beautiful side to it.

Ricciardo found himself in the mist of the early morning. Having travelled through most of the night in order to not be spotted by a fellow herd member, he had surprisingly managed to retain most of his energy. The mist cast little dew droplets upon the ground, and swirled around him. It did not waver his sight, and so found it easily to inspect this land. Soon his sturdy pillars navigated him to a magnificent waterfall, deep into the lands of this new territory. With his lobes pricked forward, he gazed deeper and found himself lost in the beauty of this place. What a place it must be at night though, he mused.

Arching his neck down, he let his handsome crown take a drink from the refreshing waters of the feature. However, not much. The sorrel beast knew better than to take too much advantage, especially on foreign ground. As he lifted his burly mass back into its upright position, he shook his thin curled silks and let his sandy pools take in one last, long gaze around. It was a startlingly beautiful place to the brute that had known little than sands and forests, since he could remember. The Deep Blue was a place he sought refuge when he needed to plan or strengthen his inevitable solitude - a place where he could reflect on his lonely life without the prying eyes of the World's Edge members that judged him. With a sigh he thought dejectedly about his decisions. It felt good to be in a better rank; being an Emmissary was a grand honour for the horned brute. But without the approval and love from the others it was hard to think of anything else that was going right.
"Maybe one day I shall find this, and when I do, it'll be worth the wait," but his optimistic tone was soon deepened, as he continued to speak to nobody but himself, "But what if I don't?"

He turned back to the waterfall, leaning in to see his reflection in one of the still puddles. Looking back he hoped to see everything he was, but all that stared back into his orbs was everything he wasn't. Another sigh let slip through his soft velveteens, "I am deemed to spend my life alone..."

[OOC: Ricc does not wish to start a fight, he has become curious with his surroundings and is wondering what it is like in other herds, but at the moment has become wrapped up in his problems.]

Messages In This Thread
How soon is now? [Open] - by Ricciardo - 09-02-2012, 03:37 PM
RE: How soon is now? [Open] - by Willow - 09-04-2012, 06:51 PM
RE: How soon is now? [Open] - by Ricciardo - 09-20-2012, 02:36 PM
RE: How soon is now? [Open] - by Willow - 10-08-2012, 04:39 PM