the Rift

respite [paladin]

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

I WANT TO FEEL THE PAIN AND THE BITTER TASTE
OF THE BLOOD ON MY LIPS, AGAIN

Paladin saw the scars and burns that marred her perfect pale hide along her back and felt sick. Confusion and anger filled his heart, and he could do nothing for a few moments but stare as the world around him collapsed. Red and white noise filled his ears, and he drowned in a sea of self-loathing. He had not been there to protect her from this, and he hated himself for it. Had this happened when he was fighting? Did he ignore the signs of her cries for his own gain? For the herd instead of his love?

The soft fur of on her face rubbed against his cheek, and he closed his eyes instinctively. Her beautiful voice lulled him out of his stupor, and he answered absently. Gossamer's dragon," he replied in short honesty, more concerned with her. "I am fine." Those words were a damned lie. Apart from his own pain, his soul was aching for her, and his crimson eyes filled with self loathing.

"What happened to you?" he asked carefully. "I... where was I? Could... I failed you." The words rolled of his tongue with brutal realization, and he in that moment, he wanted to give the entire damned Foothills to Smoke and Ricochet. He cared not for the leadership. He cared about Soleil, and he failed her. The light at the end of this day was waning, and his heart beat with a dull throb in his chest.

Messages In This Thread
respite [paladin] - by Soleil - 09-02-2012, 09:19 PM
RE: respite [paladin] - by Paladin - 09-03-2012, 06:31 PM
RE: respite [paladin] - by Soleil - 09-07-2012, 02:53 PM
RE: respite [paladin] - by Paladin - 09-15-2012, 12:56 AM
RE: respite [paladin] - by Soleil - 09-15-2012, 12:32 PM