the Rift

[OPEN] Baby's Black Balloon

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

It was not one who he thought might find him, but it wasn't a stranger, either. A deep baritone caught Apollo's attention in a vice-like grip, a strong sound of familiarity that screamed family, that proclaimed home, and that reminded the weary stallion of a time, so very long ago, living among the Deep Forest with those of the Grey, those that he called brothers and sisters...

"Archibald?"

Through the dark shadows of the Edge he comes, black as the night, muscles rippling with power and prowess, just as massive, impressive, and daunting as Apollo last remembered. Gods, when was the last time he had even seen the Dauntless? A memory flashes in the overo's skull, of a mid-summer's raging storm, blood and mud staining the earth as Apollo fought back that demon, Confutatis... Archibald had been there, alongside Ktulu, Lakota, Mesec, and so many others who had come to support him in that battle for life or death. The words that the colossal stallion had spoken to him after that terrible ordeal stuck with Apollo for over a year, and as the Merciful realized he was staring at his dear, beloved friend, a goofy, sincere smile broadly crossed the horned stallion's lips.

"Oh, my brother... Archibald, it's so good to see you again, it's been so long. And Loretta!" Apollo's exclamation followed the malamute, honey-brown orbs filled with joy and happiness at seeing both of their familiar faces. It was so good to be among them again. "You both look like you're doing so well here." And that filled Apollo with a vast amount of endless joy. The Grey had been his family, precious and cherished, and he had fought for them just as he had fought for the Foothills. Each and every member who he had served beside would forever hold a special little niche in his heart.

'Do you seek a home here, among the mist?'

The question momentarily took Apollo by surprise, and his expression slipped slowly into that of uncertainty. Oh... Had he been too presumptuous? No. There was no malice or ill-content upon Archibald's handsome face, his expression that of a soothing welcome, of confidence and simple reassurance. It was his friend standing in front of him now, his brother, and Apollo was nearly one-hundred percent certain that he would not be turned away.

"I do... In this terrible year since the Foothills has fallen, I met with Ktulu, Lakota, and the young doctor Resplendence who serves here. They each claimed that should I desire a home, that I should come here. So... Here I am."

The goliath beast, so capable of battle and bloodshed, yet so gentle and passionate, approached and pressed his muzzle briefly into the point of the overo's shoulder. Normally Apollo would feel crowded standing so close to a creature of Archibald's impressive size and girth, but that wasn't the case, not with the ebony Shire. Here, he knew he was among family, and so boldly Apollo moved his head and, should Archibald allow it, dipped his own muzzle to gently caress the Dauntless' cheek, in a simple, brotherly show of affection.

A sudden pressure of two paws pressing against his barrel caused Apollo to momentarily stiffen and look away, honey-brown oculars turning to Loretta, who was gazing curiously and almost eagerly at the black bundle of Zola upon his back, reared up and paws nestled upon his splotched side. The small kitten, still so frail and vulnerable, released a soft, uncertain sound at feeling Apollo's momentary distress, hearing the sounds of the malamute due to being unable to actually see her. The black tufts of scruff upon Zola's back raised, and a soft kfft! was emitted, a spitting sound of uncertainty.

"This is Zola," the horned stag murmured softly in response, reassured by a glance in Archibald's direction, not seeing any alarm upon his features and knowing that Loretta did not mean any harm, "A gift from Father Earth. She... She was born too early, and I fear that her eyes won't open." Guilt forced its way into the stallion's vocals, but he pressed on. "I also came to the Edge because I feel that, surrounded by others, I'll be able to raise her far safer than if I was alone in the Wilds. Is, um... Is Loretta curious? Of Zola?"

An interruption came into their reunion in the form of a feathered, red, familiar creature that tore from the thick shadows of the tree line, making a quick bee-line for Apollo's head and startling the stag something fierce that he jerked back, hooves slipping momentarily in the snow as he balked. The Merciful's mind stayed on Loretta and Zola both; he did not want to accidentally bump into or step on the malamute, nor did he wish to unbalance Zola from her precarious position upon his withers. A weight settled upon the top of his head, just above the protrusion of his horn, and Apollo's eyes squinted as he tried to look upwards and spot just what had decided to curl up atop his noggin.

"... Valiance?" It was him, the red dragon he had encountered with miss Resplendence in the Grove, when had helped them both gather herbs. Apollo's eyes then darted to the tree line, searching for Resplendence. "Miss Resplendence? Are you there?" For Valiance would never leave his bonded's side or go too far, would he? Surely she was nearby?

@[Archibald] lolbetter? xD

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Baby's Black Balloon - by Apollo - 10-25-2014, 04:06 PM
RE: Baby's Black Balloon - by Archibald - 10-25-2014, 04:29 PM
RE: Baby's Black Balloon - by Resplendence - 10-25-2014, 11:14 PM
RE: Baby's Black Balloon - by Apollo - 10-26-2014, 11:48 AM
RE: Baby's Black Balloon - by Lakota - 10-26-2014, 08:46 PM
RE: Baby's Black Balloon - by Ktulu - 10-29-2014, 08:43 PM