the Rift

[OPEN] Baby's Black Balloon

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

"Lakota..." The moment that she burst through the brush of the World's Edge, of this land that was to be his home, Apollo felt a wild rush of excitement and affection course through his frame, starting from the tip of his toes, traveling up his legs and coursing through the wide girth of his body until it reached his core, his heart and warmed it in a considerably familiar way that it did whenever he saw Ktulu. The Merciful and Poisoner had seen many days together; faced many trials, many hardships, many losses and sadness together, but they had prevailed... And look at them now! Through hell and high-water, they were together again.

'Polly?'

A wide, goofy grin pulled Apollo's lips upwards at the sound of Lakota's voice and the name that only she could call him, who has called him, and he smiled brightly, honestly, wanting nothing more than to lope up to the violet-eyed beauty and rub his muzzle all over her. She was a familiar, a constant, like Archibald and Midas, and seeing her would forever bring him immense joy and warmth.

The Merciful stallion, once Chief of the fallen Foothills, now a wanderer searching for a home and precious family, watched as Lakota strayed by Archibald's side, such a precarious expression upon her pleasing features, and Apollo wanted nothing more than to soothe whatever worry might be crushing her bright, exquisite spirit. Nothing could tame the willful fire that was Lakota the Poisoner, and Apollo would throw himself in the path of whatever would try before he allowed it.

"Hello, Lakota," He murmured softly, honey-brown eyes shining in merriment and delight, "I have. I... I think it's time, to find a home again. I... I've missed everyone." And that was an honest, sad, and terrible truth. Apollo was not a creature to live alone in seclusion, for it dampened his heart and spirit. At mention of his companion, of the tiny weight that he could hardly feel upon his back, Apollo risked a glance once more to the tiny bundle of Zola and smiled back to Lakota, idly noting how Aodaun was quick to dart off. "Yes. Her name is Zola... She is mine, and I'm hers."

The weight of Loretta and the malamute's whines were a thing forgotten in his excitement, as was the fact that Valiance had been resting upon his head and was quick to dart off, but a particularly loud whine and yelp caused an ear to flick back to where Loretta jerked and whirled around in a flurry of... Of what? Apollo had never seen her act in such a way, so frantic as though with terror, normally so composed with Archibald in her presence, but soon, the Dauntless himself spoke and explained the very reasoning as to why the red malamute was acting in such disarray.

"Oh!" The Unicorn gasped in surprise, eyes widening momentarily before he reached back and brushed his muzzle against Zola's little head. "Peace... She means no harm." Soothing waves of warmth and love flowed through their bond, a thing of unspeakable intimacy, and delicately the overo grasped the blind kitten by the scruff with his teeth and lowered her to the ground, just before his front hooves. Zola was tiny; her size was nearly half the size of Apollo's left hoof, and the ground was no place for her, but he had faith that Loretta, the goodly creature she was, would keep the feline runt safe.

The moment that her paws were on the ground, Zola sniffed about, occasionally spitting a pathetic hiss of uncertainty, but otherwise remained calm with Apollo's mental soothing running through her mind.

That mental connection broke, however, as Ktulu arrived much in the same fashion as Lakota herself had, wild and flustered and looking so beautiful that it nearly stole Apollo's breath from his very chest. His eyes lingered upon the Constrictor, taking in her familiar body, eyes assuring that she was well, that she was okay, and his heart ached terribly as his gaze matched her own, fierce red orbs. Ktulu... Likewise, the Constrictor moved towards Archibald, and the two shared a greeting that Apollo understood on an emotional level. They had all served together, as the Grey, and now... Now they were united once more. Not as the Grey, but as something new, something more. The Grey would always hold a special place in each of their hearts, but now, it was time to look towards the future, towards change.

"Ktu..." He murmured, loud enough for her to hear and understand the myriad of emotions that swam in his breast, "I am, if you all will have me. I... I've sought a home in the Edge, as you all have promised. I want to come home." He wanted to live among friends and loved ones once more. Apollo was tired, so tired of being alone, of spending his days in solitude, but now that would change. Here, in the World's Edge, he would hopefully find everything that he had been searching for since the Foothills fell.

It was then that the fair maiden in hiding seemed to find balance within herself, because Resplendence pulled herself from the trees and stood among them, but not close, never close. Apollo could see the terror that gripped her, the uncertainty, and he admired the courage that she showed in that point in time, the courage to fight her fears and stay standing when everything in her brain screamed at her to run.

"The pleasure is mine, miss Resplendence," Apollo said soothingly, his smile softening in hopes of reassuring her that all was well. "It's good to see both you and Valiance again. You look well."

Archibald's deep baritone then snapped Apollo's gaze from his conversation, amber eyes staring at the impressive Dauntless and his heart warming at the beast's words of truth. The Grey was united once more... Indeed it was, but it didn't stop there. Archibald, his goodly, shadowed brother, welcomed him into their fold with such familiarity that it brought tears to the Merciful's eyes.

"Thank you, brother. I... Thank you." Honestly, Apollo just didn't know what to say. He was home, among those that he loved the most in his life. Archibald, Ktulu, Lakota... Finally, he was home.

Home.

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Baby's Black Balloon - by Apollo - 10-25-2014, 04:06 PM
RE: Baby's Black Balloon - by Archibald - 10-25-2014, 04:29 PM
RE: Baby's Black Balloon - by Resplendence - 10-25-2014, 11:14 PM
RE: Baby's Black Balloon - by Apollo - 10-26-2014, 11:48 AM
RE: Baby's Black Balloon - by Lakota - 10-26-2014, 08:46 PM
RE: Baby's Black Balloon - by Ktulu - 10-29-2014, 08:43 PM