the Rift

Happenings

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
She stood silently next to the pool, summoning the God who she know holds in high respect. Though she is not smiling, prancing, or dancing. She is still, a statue. Earth God, I ask for your forgiveness for not summoning you more often, there is no excuse. I sense now is a better time than any. I seek your presence. She glanced around. Before, he had suddenly appeared, as if he was transported here from some far off planet. When he had left, his body turned into leaves that swirled away in what little wind there was. How would the magnificent God appear today? Was he angry at her for not summoning him more often? Seeing him be disappointed in Midas was heartbreaking. She didn't think a God with such a kind face would become angry for Midas' harshness with a unicorn herd. Was he not just trying to protect the herd?

Now, all she thinks about is the Earth God in the forest. He had given the painted lady a quest. He had made some sort of gesture to everyone, he even taught the pink-winged made a lesson. How come he ignored golden Dröm? She hadn't even managed to capture a simple glance in her direction. It was as if he was angry. She just didn't understand why. Her thoughts dwelled on the Earth God's mysterious for only a moment longer.

Today, she would be alone with the God, his attention solely on her. A nervous girl, now. Would she alight a fury within the God somehow?

Ooc: kinda short, my bad
[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

The God was tired. Exhausted. Sustaining the floating island given the darkness that had seemingly settled upon it, as well as every other area of Helovia, had sapped him of nearly every bit of strength that he had. He appeared without pomp or circumstance. The ground did not birth him, nor did he compose himself first of water, then earth. One moment there was nothing, and the next he simply was. His eyes appeared dark and sunken, the lines of distress and concern apparent on his handsome face. Still, as he looked down upon the petite frame of his current Storyteller, he smiled.

"Drom." He greeted her, his voice calloused but still warm nonetheless.

Large wings folded against his rustic flanks. He leaned easily to once side, appearing at once solid as a rock and easily toppled. Strength radiated from him, but it was forced and fragile.

"What can I do for you?"

baylee
He appeared the same way as before. One moment it was silent, and with a simple blink of an eye, the large God was there, still handsome, but tired. What wore on his soul? Could mortals have caused such grief? There was no way I, the minuscule girl could help him. How would one even lift such tired sadness? It seemed he needed more than a nap. Drom, he greets kindly, a smile gracing his dark lips. My name was not usually pronounced in such a way. Others had tried to say Dröm, but not him. It didn't bother me. In fact, Helovians were not good at pronouncing anything and it seemed some could barely even speak their own language, and she had gotten used to it. I could barely pull off a Helovians accent. My voice is thick, rich, and velvet-like. My words, no one knows my language, not that I know of. "Earth God," I was speechless and alone. Midas was not here this time. I was alone with the large God-- and that thought sent chills crawling all over my spine. I was not and will never be worthy of such a thing. He is a superhero, and I'm your average girl. I have yet to save a life, and I have yet to do anything noteworthy. I'm far from a diamond. I'm more like talc-- easily carved, broken, destroyed. Am I not like every other five year old mare out there?

I don't know what to do, do I ask for the future or ask about the horrible feeling in my guts? "My instinct tells me something is wrong, is something to happen to the herd soon? Is there a way to stop it?" I stop the flow of questions, knowing all too well my flurry of questions will wear on the god's mind. How I wish I could make a wish, one wish, and save Helovia. I could free the land of darkness, make everything better with one wish. What would my wish be, exactly? Any change is bound to make many angry and many happy. Is there no solution? If I could save one horse, I'd be happy, but there is not much an Arabian can do. I'm quiet, I'm small, and I'm pretty much a rabbit.
pixel by baylee

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

He looked at the Storyteller thoughtfully as she asked her questions. His dark tail swayed behind him, gently disturbing the grasses. Something is wrong, she began. How right she was. But how could she have known? Perplexed, the God inhaled swiftly, nodding his large head in agreement. Something certainly was wrong.

"There has been a death." He began plainly, the weariness in his voice obvious. "A murder. She was a young pegasus of the Dragon's Throat. Her body was found plucked from the sky and badly injured on Caela Insula. My siblings and our children found her there. Her death was ... supernatural. Not of our doing it seems. So yes little one, something is certainly wrong. I will make no predictions about your herd. I do not know how deep this darkness lays...Tell Midas what I have told you. Tell him to be wary and watchful. Go to the Island. Perhaps those of your herd who are so inclined as to help, might start with that task. "

His voice trailed off, thoughts obviously disturbed at the recollection of Vesta's death.

(Drom's "instincts" that something is wrong very closely resembles God moding as she has had no IC interactions that would suggest that anything is amiss. Please keep that in mind for future posts.)

baylee
The God answered quickly. There was no moment allowed to even wonder about what happened. I swallowed hard as he said someone had been murdered, but who? And why would anyone want to murder? As the god continued, explaining that it had been a pegasus from the Dragon's Throat that had been slayed in some unnatural way. Father admits that he does not know how deep the darkness lays. What does this mean for Helovia and it's Helovians?

My golden body vibrates as the coldness sets in. Frosty snowflakes settle on my back, melting from the heat of my body and dripping down my flanks. The gears in my brain turn ferociously as I take in the information. My misty breath wafts in the air as I watch the god, listen to his words. The worry is evident on my face, but inside, I know I will have to be courageous and brave to keep my herd safe and avenge the death of the flygande horse. I nod as the god tells me to find Midas, divulge this information.Then, Midas (hopefully) and I would go to the island with a few helpers and attempt to figure out the villain who has committed a murder.

"I will do so as quickly as possibly. Thank you, Father." I speak confidently, yet there is respect. I slap a golden tail behind my hocks and dip my head for a moment. Now, where to find Midas... The painted Sultan would probably be in the sky. That is where the pegasi are, right? That's what I've always thought.

ooc: flygande = flying
Really sorry about that x_x I will be more careful next time :3
pixel by baylee