the Rift

[DROP] Stopping by Woods ... [DARK or WIND drop]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Slowly the Woods begin to fill with snow.

Do these woods belong to anyone? No. Not for years and years ... but once they did. Let that resonate in your mind, as you proceed.

Once they did.

Here is what you see: The snow is undisturbed. Of course it is, why wouldn't it be? Who would venture this far into the darkness and the cold, when the Island is bright and warm? Perhaps it is because there has been a murder on the island. But none seem too concerned. Many still go about their business, gayly frolicking through the cherry blossoms - their minds are far from this place.

It is soundless here. Even though your hooves crunch through the snow, it is muffled by the deafening silence. Your hearing is heightened, and it is almost as if you can hear the sound of your hair standing on end, as the wind carelessly moves through the trees, and the snowflakes tumble from the sky.

It is midnight. It is dark and cold and you are very much alone.

You shouldn't have come here. These Woods do not belong to you - and while they no longer belong to anyone, the shadowy places where there seems to be too much darkness, still remember to whom their allegiance initially lay.

As you continue, you see blood splattered on the pristine snow. However there is no body, no sign of a struggle: the falling flakes have already covered any indication that fowl play has occurred, save for the contrast of red on white. In the snow you see the following:

If you look up, you will see a sign with the same cryptic lettering. It seems as though someone was trying to decipher the message, but ran out of a time.

What will you do?

You may go left or right. Figure out the puzzle, or don't.

- This is a DARK or WIND magic drop.
- There is a magical field surrounding the area you are in, such that you cannot see or hear any others around you. You are completely alone.
- There will be multiple stages to this drop, each with a puzzle to decipher and then a choice to make. You may make a choice without having deciphered the puzzle.
- Keep your posts under 600 words and include a summary including your choice at the end of each post.
- Please post your wishlist and any prior refusals.
- You have 60 hours to respond to this thread.

Image Credits

Yuuta Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Yuuta</style>
           I heard you believe in ghosts.</style>
I, quite frankly, had begun to believe Helovia nothing more than a series of endless trees. No matter what direction my hooves walked toward, there were more and more trees. A forest so large and so vast, so very different than the home I had been raised within. The inhabitants of the forest were just as strange, mystical even. Creatures with wings, dragons which draped their shoulders, and the dense feeling of something magical in the air. Heavy, like a weight upon your chest. I wanted to know more, to learn more of this place.
Somewhere, underneath my cool, crisp exterior, I felt thankful my father sent me to travel.

The more I learn of my new home, the more there is to discover. Somewhere suitable he had said... if not suitable, at least this place was interesting.

I find that the snow grows less dense in this part of the forest, but the darkness grows overwhelming. Venturing too far away from the Edge, I found myself trapped in a maze of unfamiliar trees with the day long since disappeared into night. The moon overhead is nearly invisible by the thick canopy of the trees. Midnight finds a new meaning within this arm of the woods, and the scent of blood begins to fill my lungs.

I am no stranger to this, the scent of iron mixed with snow. The crimson barely visible as an outline against the pristine white, but a stark reminder that despite the differences between this land and my former home, violence is common. Mixed within the falling snow and moonlight, a sign appears. The lettering is thick, in a language I cannot read.

I stare upon the bloodspattered document curiously for a moment, unable to determine the message inside. Upon a fluke, I turn left, wandering deeper in the forest and unwittingly into danger.

[ ooc; Yuuta turns left.
Wishlist, no refusals because he's new~ ]

image credit

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Edgar was perched upon her poll, demanding he be taken the the loveliest of places. It must be full of trees, and places to hide. Even though winter was in full force, it must also be somewhat leafy and green.

Elsa grumbled, but decided to give in to his terribly pushy notions. There was one place in the entire land that would still be thick with foliage; and that was the ever so lovely place known as the Deep Forest. It was an awesomely cryptic name for an awesomely cryptic place. So, the two were there in no time, galloping across the fields like a majestic princess and her companion.

Quickly, however, the place became much more creepy. The snow became thicker, and less trafficked the deeper they went in. The moon glittered before them, the only light source they had in this abandoned forest. It made sense though, why would anyone else be here when the Island was the safest place?

Slowing their pace, Edgar hid behind her mane. The darkness in juxtaposition to the undisturbed snow made him feel uneasy. That was when something caught Elsa's eye. Not far from them, a small trail of red was seen in contrast the the white snow. Elsa stopped, carefully looking at this trail. There was no way this was not blood.

Following the blood, it lead her to a sign. It's an encryption, thats for sure. Some letters are scribbled out an replaced while others stay the same. It's a mystery really, as to what it is. There isn't time to think, because there is no way she is going to stick around for long. Maybe that was an important clue, but her life means more to her than a mystery. Elsa then darts to the right.

"Talking"
Wishlist
[Seeking: Water x Dark || Ability to summon ice that can burn on a specific part of the others body.]
[Ooc; Elsa goes to the right!]

Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin
Adelric
The half-child wanders south from the Basin, trying to find his mother, but Helovia is so large he doesn’t even know where to start. He would start with the Falls, but he doubts he is welcome there anymore, and he really should be careful about where he goes anyways. That golden sneak might be following him somewhere, and he wouldn’t want to give off any illusions that he is not loyal to his new home. Zunden would begrudge him for life if it were found out that he was threatening their ability to stay in their new home.

The biting wind cuts through the half-child’s coat, chilling him to the bone even here in the south of Helovia, and he spares half a glance to Tobias to see how the cervid is faring. But the cerndyr does not seem to mind, growing bigger and stronger with each passing week. Soon they will both be adults instead of children in this world. Is he ready? He doesn’t know, but he hopes so.

As he wanders, he suddenly realizes that he has become rather lost in the forest. He’ll never find his mother this way. Frowning, he tries to escape, but after walking for some time ends up feeling like he is walking in circles rather than anything else. It is then that he stumbles upon the paper on the ground. Looking left and right, he sees nobody else around him. Odd… he thinks to the cervid, who steps to his side to inspect the paper.

For a long time they stare at it, trying to figure out just what it means. The scratchings are like nothing he has ever seen before, the clues given by somebody who partially succeeded earlier of little help. Still, the boy is a scholar and he refuses to give up on a good mystery. He stares and stares, watching and waiting for something to happen. Nothing does. And then an idea hits him and he looks from the paper to the cervid and he smiles. His head turned towards the left, he briefly wonders if he should follow the advice given by the paper, but doesn’t hesitate long. The cervid agrees and the two set off down the left path together, cautiously looking around to see what might happen.

OOC| Adelric solves the puzzle then goes left.
WC| 383
Wishlist :: [Magic: Dark | Ability to create wounds that appear to be made by a scalpel blade by tracing his horn through the air in the direction of what he wants to cut and in the shape of the cut he wants to make]
Refusal :: In the drop the magic is listed as light, but it was later decided that particular magic was Dark x Light.
Brush Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
The snow crunched underfoot as she moved. Its sound seemed deafening in the silence that often pursued Frostfall, but all the same it felt eerie. Combating a paranoia that tried to rear up inside her, Ampere glance around, though the blue stare seemed furtive as it bounced from tree to tree. I should not be here was all she could think as she took another step, another crunch, another wince and guilty glance. Not alone she clarified, unafraid of a forest and some snow, but smart enough to recognize that despite apparent thread, it was not safe. If all she had to fear was horses and bears then perhaps that would be something, although even then the dark deeds her own kind were apt to commit should not be so easily ignored - still, it was something worse that troubled Ampere, helped no further by the most recent events that jingled in her mind with each stride.

Crunch.

The snow was like a cold chill that moved down her spine, ignoring the weight and the warmth of her wings as they pressed against it. "I can't stay at home," she breathed to herself, the sound of her voice a welcome noise amid the quiet. "I'll go mad confined in the sands..." It was true too, safe or not. She needed to exercise, keep her muscles fit and her reactions sharp. Although the desert was nice for such practices, the scenery got boring quickly. So she had set out early, planning to practice some aerobatic maneuvers and turns in the snow.

As she'd been flying over she'd noticed something dark among the snow. She turned back and landed a ways away (in case danger still lurked), so that she could get a better look. As she passed by a tree, that's just what she got.

Ahead blood spattered the snow and marks marred the white blanket. A shadow cast shade from a sign above the area, its symbols strange, reminding Ampere of what had been written in the caves. She still couldn't read. "I should have asked that pegasus for more lessons," she said of Quilyan, pouting somewhat, though more frustrated and regretful than childish.

She hung back for a moment, assessing, before stepping forward to investigate. She looked at the sign for a long while, but no matter how hard she stared she couldn't make heads or tails of it. In the end she went left to follow a trail headed that way, wondering if more clues lie down there.

Ampere goes left.

Wishlist
Ampere is trying for: [Magic: Dark x Light | ability to block the bond between companion and character temporarily]
Ampere

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
Since it is your duty as her protector to follow Snowflake as often as you can, you follow after her as she gallops across the land. Admittedly, you’re not that great at running for long distances, but you’ve got to make sure she’s not getting into trouble or talking to somebody she shouldn’t be talking to. Well, that, and you need a distraction from the constant reminder that you’re out of your vines. See, the sweat on your body isn’t just from all the effort you’re exerting trying to keep pace with Snowflake. It’s your body, fighting off the tremors that threaten to pull you over every chance they get, fighting off the memories that knock at your mind and try to pull you into depression with the images they bring.

So you run, because running is better than standing.

Except you run into the forest and even though Snowflake is practically white, you somehow lose her in the inky blackness that surrounds you. And then you stumble upon some stupid paper that’s covered with blood. With writing on it? Yeah… that’s not suspicious at all. Before you, the path splits into left and right, but you don’t give a flying fuck about any paths or papers. You need Snowflake. You were following her, and now she’s gone, and you kind of need her to serve as a distraction because otherwise you might just go crazy, and she should know that.

So instead of working on the paper, you just get irrationally angry that you don’t know where Snowflake went and stomp off down the right path, whinnying out loudly as you go. Where the fuck is she?

OOC| Oxy doesn’t solve and goes right.
WC| 278
Wishlist :: [Magic: DarkxWater (U) | Upgrade to allow damage to platelets as well, causing bruising and internal bleeding for 30 seconds]
Refusal
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR
Though I am weak and perhaps coming down with a seasonal illness, I still feel strong enough to venture from the Edge on another whim. I have no true destination at first, except to follow the warm rays of father Sun, but they eventually lead me toward the South where the Deep Forest took up shelter in Helovia. There was no rhyme or reason as to why I’d decided to travel to the forest where I’d first met Tamira, but it was a comforting notion to hide myself there within the thick shadows. Night falls quietly over the lands as I travel, but I am not deterred by the cold or the darkness anymore. However, upon arriving, various scents and sounds indicate that I am not the only one to venture into the depth of the wood today. In fact, there are numerous sets of fresh footprints disturbing the pristine sheath of winter snow. Curious, I trail them to a fork in the path, though what I encounter is not anything I would have expected. There, amid the soft swells of ice and uncovered soil, is a bright red splattering of blood illuminated only by the soft, hazy glow of the moon herself.

I am cautious as I approach it with my face close to my hooves in an attempt to seek out any familiar notes in the fragrance, though none are apparent. Slowly, I lift my gaze to the divided path before noticing a cryptic sign hanging ominously on a barren sapling. Some letters looked to be solved for new meanings and as I study them for a moment, turning different conclusions around my head, it comes to me. There are four words, which at first appeared to be only two. I struggle for their meaning for some time, maybe an eternity before I am finally able to decipher what they mean. Left. I need to go left.

With that, I spin on my heel and depart from the strange situation and further into the depth of the shadows. My skin is tight over my bones and my stomach quakes from an unknown illness, but I persevere. At times I hear a mild buzzing about my head, but I see and feel no insects and decide to ignore my rampant imagination. Whatever happened to me over the course of visiting the Secret Grove and the Frostbreath Steppe seems to have followed me to the Deep Forest as well, but I also fear that it is also only a mere figment of my wild imaginings. Or at least I hope.

Wishlist :: [Magic: Dark | [U] Ability to inflict temporary mental confusion upon another]
:: [Restrictions | It takes 30 seconds to conjure up the power to use this and can only be used once in battle]
OOC | Thor goes left & no prior refusals.
it used to be the reason I breathed but now it's choking me up
die young and save yourself

background pattern by gripspix @ flickr.com
codes by whit

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

Again and again there are tasks, born like sinister trials in her birthland. Is it the draw of magic that calls her thirst, her wandering hooves? Or is it some long-forgotten, repressed nostalgia for a time of youth and naivety? Whatever it may be, she does not find reason in attempting to puzzle it out. For she is there, in that moment. Why should she question her own actions and motivations?

The snow is cool and familiar against her hocks and ankles, more of a slush than the crisp powder of her homeland. Impure. Disgusting, as it weakens earth that is not proud and rocky, creating mud and sinkholes that capture her steps and suck her down. As pure as the snow may seem from above, pristine and untouched, what lies below is rotten.

Much like people.

The silence is almost unnatural, though Hotaru doesn't quite realize why she recognizes it, why her nape prickles when the suck and slurp and slush of the mud and snow is generally louder than any of her normal passings. Something is simply off. Yet, she can't put her nose on it. Stepping more carefully, partially because of the mud and partially because of the sinking feeling in her gut, the mistress came upon the bloodied canvas with a snort. Gossamer threads of cold erupting into a cloud before her nostrils.

Of fucking course.

The symbols are nothing she recognizes. She stares regardless, but lengthy contemplation simply cannot make up for a complete absence of knowledge pertaining to written language. The blood itself is no clue, and she cares too little to even try to determine if it is friend or foe, anyone she has met, that has spilt their essence. Finally she sighs, remembering seasons ago on the mountaintop the divergent paths. Why is it always a choice between paths? It was so unoriginal to the sour, bitterhearted girl.

To the right she finds her headway, leaving the gibberish behind with another hefty sigh escaping the balloon of her inflated lungs. Why, oh why, did she continue to attempt these riddles?

Hotaru goes Right without being able to figure out the puzzle.

:: [Magic: Dark x Wind | Can create storms up to the size of a Category 4 hurricane that hold invisible blades that create lattice cuts of varying depth on the victim's body]
Wishlist

Refusals:
:: X?
:: X
:: X

HOTARU
flowers with sharp petals

image credits
table by whit
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Astraea Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I didn't know much about Helovia, but that was what made it exciting. Every turn, every corner, every shadow, and every day held something new for me to learn, something new for me to explore. And I loved every second of it.

Following the stars, I crossed the lands one by one until I finally came upon a forest. At first I wondered if I had happened across the Edge once again, but soon realized that it was missing the mists and held a different aura about it. This place felt slightly more mysterious, spooky, and eerie. A shiver ran down my spine as I worked my way through the place – curious if I would find anything new to learn about.

It was hours of nothing but silent darkness as I traveled, but eventually I came upon a place where red stained the white snow before me and it surrounded a sign that sat up high.

ZVO CKVORP WV REMG!

Obviously it was a puzzle, a code of sorts and the last person that had came here seemed to have tried to solve it. O equals U. C equals S. And R equals L. I tilted my head as I thought about the possible answer for the sign.

“Hmm, if V equals O and Z equals Y, then that first word would be you...” I mumbled to myself as I began to piece the puzzle together. After a few minutes of pondering though, I managed to piece together enough to know that I should go left and did so while throwing caution into the wind. This was a mystery and I was more than willing to solve it.

"Astra's speech"|"Astra's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 280
TAGGED;; ---
OOC;; Astra goes left after solving the puzzle. She is seeking [Magic (Active) Light & Dark?;; Can heal via starlight albeit slowly. When/if upgraded can heal others. Restrictions to be set by staff.] No prior refusals due to her being new. Wishlist

ASTRA'S REF;; Click!
ASTRA'S VOICE;; Adelaide Kane (AKA Mary Queen of Scots from Reign).

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Plummeting from the sky the darkened hybrid braces herself for landing knowing that the snow will help to cushion her impact as she lands back on earth. Unfurling her wings at the last minute to pull herself under control and slow her descent she vaguely wonders how close she could cut it without permanently disabling herself in the process. Perhaps she might leave that experimentation for another day where she is feeling a little more like a daredevil and not caring so much about whether or not she walks away sound. Everyone gets like that everyone in awhile right? Well I guess that depends on if you're afraid of dying on not. Allowing her knees to slacken ever so slightly as her hooves touch down her vision is temporarily blinded by the miniature blizzard created around her by the opposing air forces. Batting her wings once more to clear away the powder the mare easily folds them along her sides as she gazes around to see what all there might be to see down here tonight.

To each side of her there are many darkened trees making up the forest and with it the beautiful silence that comes along with it. Few dare to venture out into the woods alone especially at night in fear of the great unknown but the thrill of adventure provides this mare much entertainment. You never know what you might find lurking about in the shadows if you never look. Striking out on her own path through the snow the mare wanders listening carefully for anything of possible interest to her. Today it is not the sound that hits her but rather the heavy scent of iron that draws her attention. It is a scent that she knows all too well but who might have met such an untimely fate to spill so much of their lifeline?

Stopping as she catches sight of a few patches of crimson upon the white canvas a jumble of mixed letters show through. Some are crossed out while others had been replaced creating a puzzle of some sort. What's this, a sign? What use did she have for a stupid riddle or anyone else in fact? Staring down at it for a couple of minutes a solution comes to mind. Is it really that easy she wonders? What might have taken the beast before such a simple answer could be completed?

Rather than walking away like many others would the complete lack of a corpse disturbs her ever so slightly. Why spill the blood if you cannot finish the job? Curiosity begins to get the better of her as she turns to her left to follow the path to see what all she might find at the other end. Hopefully it would be worth her time...

Summary: Rhea choses to solve the puzzle and go down the left path to see what she might discover.
Words: 467
Wishlist: Click
Questing for: [Shock x Dark] Ability to create electrical energy from the air around her to shock/electrocute anyone within 5 feet of her. Strong emotions i.e anger..etc.. can directly affect how much energy she can produce.
Denials: To Catch A Falling Star

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••
Picture Credits
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
Good Gods it was cold. The worn golden reaches his leafen starred head around to pull at the white fur hide hung around his neck. That wolf hide was proving to be invaluable as the gold stumbled through the snow, star lite forest. It had been worth the journey back into the frozen valley of the Basin to retrieve it. The weather though, was the least of his problems.

It first begins to show in his step. Haunty, and slow. The golden avoids putting great pressure on his front hooves, at times stumbling over them slightly. They seem swollen, and they are, for behind the hoof wall in more tender places blisters have formed. The gold reaches back and pulls at his cloak again, revealing thin outlines of ribs. Though the winter was harsh, the gold had lost too much weight to look as this. There, lined on his lips is the reason, blisters ferment there as well. It’s a sickening display but its not the worst. Twin horns shake, trying to get loose of something we can not see. But he can, more so, he can hear it. Buzzing. Constant, unrelenting buzzing of flies. Pinning those delicate ears back the gold in a sudden fit of anger reaches back and nips his own shoulder. There is the other hell. Bumps cover his skin both on his shoulders and hips. Skin is welped from biting, and his tassled tails slapping it. Nothing can be seen to cause such agony though, only a light black smoke. Oh but it was flies! Gah! Head reaches back to pull at his own flesh again, before falling low in misery. All because of that damned fruit. Shit, he hadn’t even eaten the damn thing!

Moaning low the gold continues to trudge on his way. He should be sleeping, letting this illness break whatever part of him it wanted. But he needed to return to the Throat, even in this condition. At least there he would not freeze to death in the sands, and would find more tender grasses for his blistered mouth. Those had been his reasons, but now it came down to a death walk of a zombie, tired and battered. So when he saw through his narrow vision blood upon the snow, he figured it had to be his own.

No…there was too much of it. Stopping the gold reaches back to nip his shoulder. Looking up at last he finds himself at a folk in the road. Before him a sign, and strange symbols etched on its surface. Dull eyes grew to confusion as they awoke to time and place. Looking down again the gold saw the gore, but no tracks. He was completely and utterly alone, and for once, didn’t like it. Earth eyes narrow, then close as he shakes his head free of the flies that were never there. Then a piece of paper with the same written on it, but added to. Studying this the gold’s tail hits his sides with fury. Thinking he had its meaning worked out the gold reaches back to nip his shoulder before looking left and right. Whoever wrote this had not finished, had they been in the middle of it themselves? But they were bloodied. Who’s blood, and by who’s hand was it shed? The other direction would more than likely be empty and without whatever blood lover wrote the lines. With another slap of his tail the gold trudges to the left. If there was some bloodied creature there, well then, misery loves company.

OOC:: Figures out the puzzle and wanting some miserable company Thran goes LEFT.
He is suffering from the fruit/fly crazy shit from:: Here and due to fun timeline stuff, is on stage two here.
WISHLIST

:: [Magic: Dark | Can change shape into completely new character designs.]
::[Restrictions | Lasts only two posts in battle]
No prior refusals.
image credits :: Table by Sarah because she's AWESOME

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
there was a time that the pieces fit
but i watched them fall away

The silence makes your ears ring and both glass eyes squint hard against the bright carpet of white in this otherwise charcoal forest. This is absolutely miserable. Ouija -who was content with one more being in the snow rather than sinking in the now cold sands- no longer allows her tongue to hang out between dulling adult teeth in fear of freezing her small lungs. She walks silently beside you to your left, her oily eyes watching your whereabouts with caution. The silence grows more eerie as the two of you make your way deeper into the forest; but why you're here, you're not even sure.

Ouija is the first to experience the persistent ringing in her ears. The fox tucks her head into her breast time after time, pawing at each black-tipped ear as she walks along beside you (who is completely oblivious to the growing irritation in the back of your head). Yeah, for once, that's not us. The snow makes groaning noises under your weight, the moisture locked inside of frozen patterns wanting to escape under the pressure. 'N-n-nu.' a new voice cries inside your skull; we cower at the detached and faceless noise. Used to us playing with your mind, you continue to stroll along.

Finally the snow kit stop, her damp nose buried in the ever-growing layer of snow. She rubs her ears on the ground, eventually falling to her side and whining while the ringing pierces her sensitive ears. 'Noooo, nooooo!' the voice finally forms a word. You stop in your tracks, glancing down at your companion who tries so desperately to rid her brain of this creeping silence. "Ouija?" you whisper, ears tilted forward and concern twisting your expression.

The fox begins to growl, irritation growing in her still young mind as she fails to stop the ringing. Fed up with it, she rolls to her feet and takes off into the solid forest without warning. "Ouija!" you shout, your raspy voice cracking in the night air. Without hesitation, your legs pull from the freezing earth and follow the camouflaged fox. The snow slowly fills up your remaining tracks. Lost in a white washed maze, angered Ouija stops at a solid wall, breathing hard in the silence of the maze that she had so carelessly found herself caught in. 'Nuuuu.'

You are only just now coming up to the maze, glossy eyes shifting with panic when the blood splatters come into view; no small paw prints dot the fresh powder, but still you cannot help but envision Ouija in a bloody mess. You study the bodily fluid as you pass by it, your neck arched back to watch the now lifeless liquid. A jagged hoof kicks something across the top of the powder, you body screeching to a halt and eyes growing wide. The starch paper looks aged and weathered, symbols that you cannot understand, some dashed with smaller symbols above them.

Your eyes take in the sight but cannot focus completely once another small print is spotted just above where the snow-littered paper now resides. Looking up, you notice that the indents take to the right of this course; you follow them with fright dancing in your stomach and in your flighty legs.

"Voodoo." 'Ouija.' 'Voices'
Voodoo takes a right, following Ouija and disregarding the paper.
No prior refusals.
Wishlist
Voodoo seeks: Grandfathered :: [Magic: Dark x Light | Can feel another's pain through physical touch and take away ailments both small and large. He will be stuck with this ailment until he can detox. The ailments will show on his body as if they had been his all along while the one who is healed returns almost immediately to normal health. In order to detox from the healing he must submerge chest deep in any water and then the ailment will leave his body in a cloud of thick black smoke from his ears/mouth/nostrils.]

Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Daemyn Posts: 45
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5(Tall Sun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mato :: Caucasian Shepherd Dog :: None Mouse

Daemyn hadn't really made it a priority to explore outside of his new home, but now that he had been promoted it was a different matter. He needed to know more about this land so he could help protect his family. What if they needed him to go somewhere to get something really important and he had no idea where the place was. Sighing heavily he shivered against the fridged air as his large body trotted steadily through the snow. The trees were thickening, and it was so quite it almost hurt. Ears pricked as the speckled silver bay slowed to a walk searching for any sign of, well, anything. He was just about to turn for home when amethyst eyes caught the glimmer of scarlet on white. Freezing he lowered his head to the spot of crimsion sniffing searching for a scent he knew. It didn't really smell of anything, except straight blood. Gazing around he spotted the sign and moved towards it, head rising as he went.

No matter how hard he thought about the sign he could not figure out the clues. Grumbling in irritation the stallion looked around searching for anything again. What was he supposed to do now? He couldn't just leave. Something terrible had to have happened here, and he couldn't just ignore that. Taking a deep breath to clear his confused brain the silver speckled bay turned to the left before walking slowly that way. What horrors would he find ahead of him?

Words: 250
OOC: Daemyn goes left
Dark: ability to shift into a Caucasian Shepherd Dog 28 inches tall weighs in at 154 pounds. Restrictions: Only last for a turn in battle takes lots of concentration
Wishlist

[Image: daemyn_by_poolpaw-d8dwmiw.png] [Image: mato__by_silver_dreamer_mist-d9bez85.png]
Please tag Daemyn!

Panzram Posts: 64
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 8 Tallsuns HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Xyroca

The silence of the night was just the way I liked it, luring me further into these strange woods as I crunched through the snow. I was doing my best to investigate the murder that had happened upon this island, as part of my job description and for the sake of my own self-preservation. Having taken innocent lives myself, I wanted to know the murderer’s ‘type’. Who were they targeting? Would a stallion be next? Would I have to guard over my newest interests and keep an even closer eye on them? And let’s not forget that, in part, my morbid curiosity made me want to meet this murderer and pick apart their brain for more information.

Mindlessly I listened to the snow crunching beneath my hooves, enjoying the quiet and hardly taking any notice of the strange darkness that suffocated the lands. When you spent the majority of your time in caves and the like, you grew accustomed to the darkness. Still, the further I went into the woods, the more observant I became. It was impossible to ignore the sensation of unease, my body succumbing to the dark and silence and reacting with the instinctive ‘fight or flight’ response. The hairs on my neck began to rise, and I took careful notes of the shadows behind the trees, studying every little thing. Soon, I was met with a strange sight.

Blood, such an easily recognizable substance. I stepped closer to sniff the splatters, but there was nothing familiar about the scent other than the aroma of iron. Nothing was out of place, the snow lay perfectly without so much as a hoof print to be seen. The only thing that remained with the blood was a stained paper with a jumble of letters. Some were scratched off and replaced with another letter. ”The hell?” I muttered under my breath, looking up to see that a sign had the same jumble of letters, only without the letters scratched off. Someone was trying to unscramble it, but it appeared something found them before they could complete it. I stared at the paper for a few minutes, trying my best to make sense of why they chose the letters to replace the ones crossed off. After a while of struggling to find a pattern, I gave up and simply tried to make sense of the available letters that were already solved. I tried to match the letters to fitting words, until I finally solved the scrambled puzzle in the only feasible sentence. With a final glance around me to make sure that I was not being followed, I redirected my course to the left and marched forward.

OOC: Panzram guesses and goes left.
Wishlist
Seeking: Dark x Water | Can form temporary blood clots that will dissipate after one thread. This can cause pain, swelling, numbness, or temporary paralysis of affected limb.

No prior refusals.
Please tag Panzram in first posts only. Violence and magic can be used on him, just please do not kill or permanently injure/maim.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

All by myself ... Don't wanna be ... all by myself...

Good news kitten. You aren't.

Those who went left (Yuuta, Adelric, Ampere, Thor, Astraea, Rhea, Thranduil, Daemyn, Panzram) see almost instantly the following sign:

You may go left or right.

Those who went right (Elsa, Oxy, Hotaru, Voodoo), see almost instantly the following sign:

You may go left or right.

The signs simply seem to have just appeared. It's very strange. A few letters have been written above the weird text - in blood?! Do you trust what it says?

Should you turn around and look, you will see that your hooves have not disturbed the snow at all. It continues to fall in a defining hush around you, but seems utterly unbothered by the fact that you have arrived. The path that you have come down seems ... different. It appears both farther away and gone completely, at the same time. Don't look too hard, you might get dizzy. I'd just focus on what you started: picking paths.

Go on. Left or right.
You have 48 hours to respond.

Image Credits

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Anticipating to find more blood and gore as she heads down the path the bold mare can't help but find amusement in this little side trip she was taking. It gave her a chance to outsmart others if they tried to follow the cryptic message by getting a head start. Following the winding trail for no more than a couple steps her attention is caught by yet another sign half hidden by the darkness. Perhaps she should just ignore whatever gibberish is plastered here and just follow her gut feeling? Contemplating the option for a moment she takes one step further before stopping to look around. From where she was standing she could not see anymore blood splatter to give her a clue and when she turns to look back down her path a cold chill begins to creep over her.

Footprints always follow ones path through the snow if they are walking so why were there not any to show where she had been? Dropping her eyes to her feet she lifts one foot from the snow in confusion. It is clear that she is leaving impressions in the soft snow based on the hoof print she sees but that still does not answer her question. What in the hell was going on? Gingerly she moves her foot to a clean blank patch of snow and presses it down before drawing it back to the first impression she had made. Okay... there were two prints in front of her now..so why were there none left behind her!?

Shaking her head at the impossible situation she decided that it was best not to attempt to explain this. Some things were better left alone and this was definitely one of them. Turning her head back over to the sign to refocus her attention there she notices another anomaly. Like the first message there is blood present on this sign but it is not entirely written in the crimson life blood, only a few corrections had been done instead. Was it just her or were things getting stranger by the minute? Reading the letters multiple times over and over trying to come up with what they could mean a frown crosses her features. It was almost like someone had planted all of these signs on purpose...but why? Finally content with the combination of letters she had come up with to solve the next puzzle she looks again to see two possible paths.

Choosing to head down the right path this time around instead of turning left the young girl flicks her harks back and forth to attempt to pick up some sort of noises. The cold chill stiffens further as there is not a sound in range. This was starting to creep her out if she had to admit it. Picking up her pace to try and get out of here she continues along at a fast walk.

Summary: Rhea choses to solve the riddle and head down the right path.
Words: 486
Wishlist: Click
Questing for: [Shock x Dark] Ability to create electrical energy from the air around her to shock/electrocute anyone within 5 feet of her. Strong emotions i.e anger..etc.. can directly affect how much energy she can produce.
Denials: To Catch A Falling Star

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••
Picture Credits
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Not long after following the trail, or rather the lack thereof, leftward, Ampere's choice was greeted with proof... or that's what it seemed like anyway. Another sign was presented to her, no more legible than the previous, but one she suspected was linked considering the bloody characters above the dark ones and well, the continuation of signs which she didn't frequently experience in Helovia.

Glancing left and right once more Ampere chewed on her lip. Though she suspected the sign was of some use in deciding, she couldn't read it's phrases, so instead she relied on her gut - it was hungry. She had skipped her normal meal time to fly out here for training, which now wasn't even being accomplished. What was the point of all this anyway?

Briefly she glanced back behind her, pondering just leaving the strange scribbles and their blood to themselves and either finding food or getting back in the sky to practice her turns. "I have to know," she muttered to herself, well aware she couldn't possibly turn back when strange happenings like this were around. She definitely wanted to leave, but rarely do we get to enjoy what we want.

Shaking her head in mild mannered annoyance Ampere roughly chose to go right, leaning on instinct... and the fact she hadn't gone right yet. All the while she tried to convince herself this was a mental exercise, or maybe she'd find something that she could fight (or eat, she was very hungry), and it would make all these reading frustration and cold snow trudging worth it.

Maybe.

[Ampere goes right.]
Ampere

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR
As the night wore on and darkness hoarded over the land like an unlikely collector of souls, I shuffled weakly along the narrow path in hopes that I had not unwittingly stumbled upon another attempt on my life. However my anxieties were temporarily forgotten upon discovering another unnerving message just around the bend. This one was decidedly harder than the last and as I struggled to read and decipher the letters in the dim illumination of twilight, I noticed again that above a few of the cryptic symbols bloody corrections had been made. It irked me to know that anyone could have had the time or the sanity to construct such a horrifying little enterprise, but of course the investigative part of me wanted to find the end.

Just ahead another fork split the way, turning the Deep Forest into what felt like an endless labyrinth. I wondered how many other choices I would have to make before finally losing patience and probably my mind before I shifted my weary thoughts back to the cryptogram. I rolled some of the letters over my tongue in hopes that the directions would become clear, but of course L’s and S’s held little bearing on my understanding aside from the sounds they created themselves. I felt as though I were musing around myself, myself around, circling and weaving back around, circle myself… I wasn’t sure if it was my illness that kept turning me backwards, forwards, and every which way but as I stood there feeling as though I were spinning in a cocktail made of confusion, a thought came to me.

The puzzle!, it was solvable, of that I was sure and as letters and symbols wound together and became a singular entity, a smile of fiendish recognition pulled at my lips. Alas! I knew where my predecessor was trying to guide me. I would go right, or left?, but I would most certainly go right. However, before trailing helplessly after the prodigy that had left me these clues, I glanced back to envision exactly the place from which I’ve been… and wouldn’t you know it… I’d been nowhere. No tracks were left lingering in the snowfall, no happy reminders to discern that I was even real amidst the wood. Perhaps I was just a ghostly apparition left to wander the dark earth alone… Or maybe I was just a tree myself. How else would I explain the supernatural forces I now possessed to walk upon frost with no indication of actually having done so?

Perhaps I was magic. Yes, magic. So with my magical abilities now intact, I wandered right in hopes of seeing my way out of this befuddling maze.

OOC| Thor goes right. Also, he’s not insane. Just wanted to write a little “Halloween Thor”.
it used to be the reason I breathed but now it's choking me up
die young and save yourself

background pattern by gripspix @ flickr.com
codes by whit

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin
Adelric
The half-child is rather pleased with himself for (thinking) he figured out the sign and a soft smile on his face would have relayed that happiness to any others that might have been around; however, there weren’t any others around. All in all, the half-child finds this very odd. He has not known a day of his entire life when there wasn’t at least one other horse in the general vicinity of where he was. So why now, why here, with all of these signs, has everything changed? He cannot say

Tossing ideas to Tobias, who only croons or grunts when he agrees or disagrees, Adelric nevertheless continues on. In fact, so deep in thought he is, that he is almost past the sign when the cervid bleats out a call for the half-child to stop. Looking back, it is then that the half-child notices how oddly undisturbed the path he has just travelled is. Where are his and Tobias’ footprints? Perhaps this place is not so safe and interesting as it had initially seemed.

However, the half-child decides there is little for him to do now except keep playing this strange game. So, he looks up to the sign and thinks. The puzzle is quicker for him this time, since he has learned the trick once already. Gleefully, he relays the message he has discerned to the cervid. When they have pondered and agreed, he then turns right and travels down the path. What is there to lose? He supposes he will find out.

OOC| Adelric solves and turns right.
Brush Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
Are you disappointed you haven’t found Snowflake yet? What about upset? Angry? Annoyed? Oh, you are many things, but your calling and moaning hasn’t seemed to fix anything and you don’t really want to waste your energy on continuing to make futile noise, so at least that racket has stopped. As you come to another split in the road, another sign poised there like an arrogant watchdog of the way, you suddenly decide to take your rage out on something else.

Rearing up (rather tippy, as it were), you lash out with front hooves towards the sign. Thud, thud. The beats are solid, the sound of assaulted wood crying out in the darkness. There is no distinctive crack though, no snap or splinter or crackle. How disappointing. For a moment you ponder turning around and smashing it with the metal hooves that take a free ride on your back hooves but the idea of your sweaty, detoxing, shaky body holding all of your weight while you attempt that maneuver eventually deters you.

It is your boggart who eventually decides to drive you onward, deciding the two of you should not remain in this place. She has noticed the way your hoofprints do not disappear and she doesn’t like it. Flitting to your left, she morphs into one of your worst fears in miniature, a bloody Snowflake on the ground, her body mangled and you chained so that the attacker can run away to be free. Skittering away from the images towards your right, you snort at her in anger but continue on anyway. If standing means being assaulted, you’d rather walk, as you do now down the right path.

OOC| Oxy doesn’t solve and goes right.
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post