the Rift

[DROP] Stopping by Woods ... [DARK or WIND drop]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
The snow crunched underfoot as she moved. Its sound seemed deafening in the silence that often pursued Frostfall, but all the same it felt eerie. Combating a paranoia that tried to rear up inside her, Ampere glance around, though the blue stare seemed furtive as it bounced from tree to tree. I should not be here was all she could think as she took another step, another crunch, another wince and guilty glance. Not alone she clarified, unafraid of a forest and some snow, but smart enough to recognize that despite apparent thread, it was not safe. If all she had to fear was horses and bears then perhaps that would be something, although even then the dark deeds her own kind were apt to commit should not be so easily ignored - still, it was something worse that troubled Ampere, helped no further by the most recent events that jingled in her mind with each stride.

Crunch.

The snow was like a cold chill that moved down her spine, ignoring the weight and the warmth of her wings as they pressed against it. "I can't stay at home," she breathed to herself, the sound of her voice a welcome noise amid the quiet. "I'll go mad confined in the sands..." It was true too, safe or not. She needed to exercise, keep her muscles fit and her reactions sharp. Although the desert was nice for such practices, the scenery got boring quickly. So she had set out early, planning to practice some aerobatic maneuvers and turns in the snow.

As she'd been flying over she'd noticed something dark among the snow. She turned back and landed a ways away (in case danger still lurked), so that she could get a better look. As she passed by a tree, that's just what she got.

Ahead blood spattered the snow and marks marred the white blanket. A shadow cast shade from a sign above the area, its symbols strange, reminding Ampere of what had been written in the caves. She still couldn't read. "I should have asked that pegasus for more lessons," she said of Quilyan, pouting somewhat, though more frustrated and regretful than childish.

She hung back for a moment, assessing, before stepping forward to investigate. She looked at the sign for a long while, but no matter how hard she stared she couldn't make heads or tails of it. In the end she went left to follow a trail headed that way, wondering if more clues lie down there.

Ampere goes left.

Wishlist
Ampere is trying for: [Magic: Dark x Light | ability to block the bond between companion and character temporarily]
Ampere

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stopping by Woods ... [DARK or WIND drop] - by Yuuta - 10-26-2014, 01:38 PM
RE: Stopping by Woods ... [DARK or WIND drop] - by Ampere - 10-26-2014, 02:38 PM
RE: Stopping by Woods ... [DARK or WIND drop] - by Astraea - 10-26-2014, 07:59 PM
RE: Stopping by Woods ... [DARK or WIND drop] - by Astraea - 10-30-2014, 07:35 PM
RE: Stopping by Woods ... [DARK or WIND drop] - by Yuuta - 10-30-2014, 07:58 PM
RE: Stopping by Woods ... [DARK or WIND drop] - by Yuuta - 10-31-2014, 03:07 PM