the Rift

[DROP] Stopping by Woods ... [DARK or WIND drop]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR
As the night wore on and darkness hoarded over the land like an unlikely collector of souls, I shuffled weakly along the narrow path in hopes that I had not unwittingly stumbled upon another attempt on my life. However my anxieties were temporarily forgotten upon discovering another unnerving message just around the bend. This one was decidedly harder than the last and as I struggled to read and decipher the letters in the dim illumination of twilight, I noticed again that above a few of the cryptic symbols bloody corrections had been made. It irked me to know that anyone could have had the time or the sanity to construct such a horrifying little enterprise, but of course the investigative part of me wanted to find the end.

Just ahead another fork split the way, turning the Deep Forest into what felt like an endless labyrinth. I wondered how many other choices I would have to make before finally losing patience and probably my mind before I shifted my weary thoughts back to the cryptogram. I rolled some of the letters over my tongue in hopes that the directions would become clear, but of course L’s and S’s held little bearing on my understanding aside from the sounds they created themselves. I felt as though I were musing around myself, myself around, circling and weaving back around, circle myself… I wasn’t sure if it was my illness that kept turning me backwards, forwards, and every which way but as I stood there feeling as though I were spinning in a cocktail made of confusion, a thought came to me.

The puzzle!, it was solvable, of that I was sure and as letters and symbols wound together and became a singular entity, a smile of fiendish recognition pulled at my lips. Alas! I knew where my predecessor was trying to guide me. I would go right, or left?, but I would most certainly go right. However, before trailing helplessly after the prodigy that had left me these clues, I glanced back to envision exactly the place from which I’ve been… and wouldn’t you know it… I’d been nowhere. No tracks were left lingering in the snowfall, no happy reminders to discern that I was even real amidst the wood. Perhaps I was just a ghostly apparition left to wander the dark earth alone… Or maybe I was just a tree myself. How else would I explain the supernatural forces I now possessed to walk upon frost with no indication of actually having done so?

Perhaps I was magic. Yes, magic. So with my magical abilities now intact, I wandered right in hopes of seeing my way out of this befuddling maze.

OOC| Thor goes right. Also, he’s not insane. Just wanted to write a little “Halloween Thor”.
it used to be the reason I breathed but now it's choking me up
die young and save yourself

background pattern by gripspix @ flickr.com
codes by whit

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stopping by Woods ... [DARK or WIND drop] - by Yuuta - 10-26-2014, 01:38 PM
RE: Stopping by Woods ... [DARK or WIND drop] - by Astraea - 10-26-2014, 07:59 PM
RE: Stopping by Woods ... [DARK or WIND drop] - by Thor - 10-29-2014, 09:46 PM
RE: Stopping by Woods ... [DARK or WIND drop] - by Astraea - 10-30-2014, 07:35 PM
RE: Stopping by Woods ... [DARK or WIND drop] - by Yuuta - 10-30-2014, 07:58 PM
RE: Stopping by Woods ... [DARK or WIND drop] - by Yuuta - 10-31-2014, 03:07 PM