the Rift

[OPEN] Air Orchid

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

Sad things had surrounded her life. She was accustomed to it, though it seemed that her friend with a tree did not quite understand it. What could she have expected? A smile, a nod, maybe even a bump of maw against a shoulder? No. In fact, she expected nothing. Maybe a concerned expression or just plain out confusion. Yes, those were all logical explanations.

Still, she tried to soldier on. With Valiance prodding her to introduce him she had to soldier on. A gentle smile lifted her lips as she explained who he was. The draft mare saying that it was a pleasure as Valiance gave a few clicks of approval. Carefully, the dragon began to pull out strands of the thick mane he was situated on, claws beginning to dexterously braid the draft's dark hair as he did to calm Resplendence down. Secretly, Res believed that he did it to release the anxiety and stress that was bottled up between the two of them, and so that way he didn't go snapping at the birds that got into Res's space.

However, questions fell from the draft's lips, and so Res began to offer an answer. "Companions. I found him as an egg, raised him from birth. We... can feel each other's emotions through the bond. He can even speak back and forth with me - though I doubt anyone else would understand his speech." she muddles through her thoughts, pausing for a moment, "He's learning to breathe fire as well..."

There is another pause, a shuffle of her weight as Valiance continues to braid her mane all the way down toward Fig's withers. "He's become sort of a protector at the moment..." she finished before gentle eyes watched as he continued to braid, concentrating on the repetitive movements and the soothing emotions that he was sending through their bond.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
Air Orchid - by Fig - 10-28-2014, 06:03 PM
RE: Air Orchid - by Resplendence - 10-30-2014, 06:40 PM
RE: Air Orchid - by Fig - 10-31-2014, 02:11 PM
RE: Air Orchid - by Resplendence - 11-10-2014, 12:47 AM
RE: Air Orchid - by Fig - 11-11-2014, 05:43 PM
RE: Air Orchid - by Resplendence - 11-12-2014, 12:09 AM
RE: Air Orchid - by Fig - 11-13-2014, 03:02 PM