the Rift

help me [moon, earth]

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

TOR
a mare who is forever wandering, bound by nothing but her mind

Her hooves were sore and aching, a feeling which the mare had never before felt. What a surprise! They were worn down, bruised, and if it was possible, certainly felt swollen. It had been a long, wearying journey, one that had taken a toll on the large equine mare. She had never suspected such things would come of journeying to the Veins of the God. But the mare had come for a good reason, seeking help in what she believed to be her life's mission. To heal. No, her skills in battle were useless, so she had sought to mend life's wounds instead. Perhaps with some training her blows would become more accurate, more powerful, more painful and devastating. But the kindly, maternal horse 'mutt' had no wish in harming others. The very opposite, in fact. Provided she could get this magic, she would seek out other healers, warriors- mercenaries. They could form an outcast band. Already Tor had laid out the foundations in her mind. They would live in the wilds, far to the north.

We would offer protection to travellers. We could use our services to help any horse, evil or good, provided they did something in return. Tor might be kind, but she had no wish to be used without something to repay her. So she would charge the wounded happily. Sometimes, something small; a secret, a rumor, perhaps. Other times, more costly, depending on the mood. And her herd, her band of outcasts where nowhere else to go, would receive protection. If one of them were to be hurt, the horse, winged or horned, would be sought out and killed. Or at the very least have the same returned to them.

Tor shook her big, white head briskly, returning to the shrines. She hesitated, looking at the earth and moon. Both. Yes, she would ask of help for both. If the magic she sought wasn't available to outcasts, she wasn't sure what she would do. After all, her whole future she was building was based upon this wish. With a low grunt, Tor lowered herself onto her knees. Gods and goddess, accept my please.

"Sire of the earth, dam of the white moon and stars, accept my presence. Please, come and accept the plea of your devoted follower."

Let my prayers be answered. Let my prayers be answered.

"talk talk talk"
move move move
think think think

Word Count: 392

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The God of the Earth felt a pull and looked down from his immortal coil, seeing a strange, new creature. She must have just crossed the threshold, for this god knew the faces of all who resided on his ground. Somehow the mare seemed battle weary, and he decided that she could use some attention, lonely as she seemed.

In a blur of dust and dirt, the God of the Earth spiraled into form, his two curled horns a proud feature on his draft head. He stood tall and shook the dirt from his feathered wings, watching the newcomer curiously. His sister, the moon was very busy with secretive matters, so she would not be in attendance today.

"What is it you need? " he asked with subtle concern.

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable

TOR

Shock gripped at Tor's throat, constricting her ability to speak, paralyzing her mind. Dumb awe struck into her very core, amazement at the living wonder before her, who bore both wings and horns. She had never been truly certain she believed in the gods and goddess, until, clearly, now. Still, the gray tobiano felt like it might be a mirage to her wandering mind. No, the dirt falling from his massive wings were too solid, pattering against the stone ground. The depth of his eyes were too deep, too strong. The dust motes shimmering in the afternoon light.

By the gods and goddess, they're real! Tor thought, dazed. She took a hesitant step back. They are truly, truly, real. A million thoughts clashed inside her head, reverbrating inside her skull. "What is it you need?" The stallion, the ancient, spoke. His voice had subtle concern to it, and a mighty, ancient strength. Tor swallowed, clearing her throat, as her legs giving a sudden shiver under her. How do I address a god?

"My lord. I ask if you may bless me with the power of healing. I seek to help others, and I am willing to do something in return for this gift." That sounds good. Right? Hopefully.

"talk talk talk"
move move move
think think think

Word Count: 208

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

Ah, another healer. The thought brought a smile to his lips. Too many came asking for powers of destruction and selfishness. Healing was the epitome of selflessness and virtue. The god observed the large mare with his deep, emerald eyes and hummed thoughtfully, wondering about what to task a healer with.

"In the Spectral Marsh is a certain type of mud. This mud can provide a healing case for most cuts and bruises, but it can only be found in the southern most part near where the fresh swamp turns into ocean. He told her in a deep, rumbling voice. "Collect some of that mud and bring it to me. Then, I will be able to grant you what you wish."

World's Edge Nurse
Adoptable

TOR

Tor felt a shiver of surprise and warmth as her words brought a smile across the god's lips. She became even more surprised, although she hid it well this time, as he hummed softly, seeming to be thinking.

"In the Spectral Marsh is a certain type of mud. This mud can provide a healing case for most cuts and bruises, but it can only be found in the southern most part near where the fresh swamp turns into ocean." His voice rumbled deeply, just how Tor would imagine the earth would speak. "Collect some of that mud and bring it to me. Then, I will be able to grant you what you wish." That's good. But I will need some way to carry it back... maybe I can find a crafter. If I have to, I suppose I can carry it on my coat. Tor found the thought of the cloying mud, no matter how much healing properties it may have, on her coat was a touch unbearable, but she would carry out his task. Hopefully, it would be smooth sailing. Hopefully. Who knew what lived in the Spectral Marsh, except for perhaps the Earth God himself? Shake off those dark thoughts, Tor scolded herself.

"Thank you, my lord. I am most grateful, and I hope to carry the task out quickly. If you are okay with it, I will begin now," The tobiano lowered her head respectfully. Now, I have to travel. There's no need to be hasty, but it would be best not to dwadle. Tor thought to herself. A twinge of pride glowed in her, an ember; the Earth God had answered her! She turned, a little hesitantly, feeling a bit of worry at the thought of turning her back on such a mighty presence. No, surely he wouldn't mind her leaving. She had, after all, bothered him enough.

Feet seeming to be made better by the sight of the mighty horse, she began to retreat down the mountain

"talk talk talk"
move move move
think think think

Word Count: 332