the Rift

[OPEN] Creative Title is Creative

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

Bucephalus had lost track of how many times he had felt the urge to lift his wings and just fly to Dragon's Throat, but the dark mare's lack of wings kept him grounded. Not that he was complaining, although conversation had made the time go by relatively fast. Going at a brisk walk/trot(at times) helped that as well. Even then, to Bucephalus, the distance was just inching by ever so slowly.
"So, Morrigan, would it be rude of me to ask what brings you to Helovia?" He asked, turning his head to look at her, then blinked. The desert loomed on the horizon...but in the entirely wrong direction. So the stallion tried to subtly turn both of them towards the sands, mentally smashing his head against a rock. Going on ground made everything look much more different than the air, and he'd only made the journey from the Threshold to the Dragon's Throat territory once.

Praying to all the gods he knew, old and new, that Morrigan hadn't noticed his mistake, Bucephalus sped to a slow trot, waiting for her before he went faster. How long had they been walking parallel to the sands? And..horror struck him. Had Morrigan noticed? She must think him the dumbest stallion this side of Helovia.

@[Morrigan II]

Bucephalus
Art done by me
Table by Tamme<3

Feel free to tag Buce in all posts; permission is given for force against him provided it doesn't kill or permanently maim him(ask about the latter)

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
It was easy to keep pace with the stallion as we trotted along towards the Dragon’s Throat, and my imagination ran wild with the possibilities of what the land must have looked like. I was grateful that he was willing to be patient and walk, or at times, trot, with me rather than taking to the skies. My auds pricked as he asked about why I came to Helovia, and I hesitated for a moment on exactly how to answer him. Before I could respond, I noticed that he changed course, albeit not very suddenly. With a quick glance out of the corner of my eye, I noticed the dunes of sand that we were now correcting our path towards. A coy smirk tugged on my lips when I glanced at him from beneath the mass of hair that covered part of my face. Other than the smirk, I chose not to acknowledge the mishap any further. After all, he did say that he was new to the Throat as well, right?

With a sigh, I looked at the ground for a moment before deciding to trust him with an answer. ”Have you ever just wanted, I don’t know..A fresh start?” There we go, opening the doorway to communication! That’s good. ”I was a bit of an outcast in birth herd, I never really seemed to belong there. So, I left. I was on my own for a long time until you and Elsa found me.” A sudden realization struck me, in regards to the new potential home we were headed towards. What if I wasn’t accepted there? Bucephalus claimed he was new to the clan, would the leads accept a stranger recruited from…Well, another stranger? Trying not to lead on that my fears were starting to get the better of me, I shook my head and noticed that Bucephalus was trotting more quickly. ’We must be close…’ I thought to myself as I sped up to catch up to his side. Dragging along a length of mane and tail was the easiest task, and I tried not to slow the stallion down any more than I already had.

My heart began racing with the added adrenaline pumping through my veins, and I noticed that it seemed to help calm my nerves. It was such a relief. I watched Bucephalus for a moment, my scarlet gaze lingering on his beautiful wings. ”What’s it like?” I asked, trying to cover up the fact that I had been inadvertently staring at them. ”Flying, I mean. I’m sorry I’ve slowed you down all this way.”

@[Bucephalus] and anyone else wanting to welcome her :)
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Both Buce and Morrigan were right to notice that wings prevailed within the Throat. At least, they once had. It was not racism that drove those gifted with flight to their sandy home, but a sense of shared ownership. The Throat was a place were those with wings reigned supreme, simply because they had skills that others didn't. This didn't discount what others were able to do - it never had. It simply emphasized the flighted.

Below, Gaucho watched as Buce - one of the newer recruits to their herd - led another. Although Gaucho had met Buce under ... odd circumstances (that is, following Ampere with his nose basically buried in her tail - not that Gaucho could blame him of course), he was impressed with the gold-flecked stallion. Gaucho had a project that he would soon need assistance with - one that the crafters would be intimately tied to - and so his need to judge the true strength of Buce's character was yet to come. But for now, the Sultan was more or less pleased.

The same could not be said of this newest recruit.

Gone were the days where any could be accepted into the Throat, or at least, they were certainly passing. Theirs was to be a herd of military strength, and wisdom. Sohalia had created an Academy through which all of Helovia would be trained in the arts that the Throat cultivated: strength, wisdom, temperance, magic. Those would not contribute in some way or another, would be asked to leave. Too many invasions had been early lost, too many lives which almost slipped away from him, simply because there were too many bodies to protect: bodies that offered nothing but demanded everything.

No. Everyone would have a job, or they would have nothing from the Throat.

Gaucho's wings burned despite the air that pressed against his falling body, as he descended towards the sands. Although the air was frosty and frigid, the WildFire was like a beacon of warmth: fire burned endlessly on his blackened feathers, while symbols pulsed with a warm light that bled from his antlers. Landing easily upon the sands, his well muscled body flexed and turned easily to face the newly arrived pair. Gaucho was like some sort of primitive beast - colourful symbols lined his body, while a collar of bone-spikes wrapped around his shoulders. In his antlers, a snake contentedly wrapped herself around his antler tines. His stormy gaze fell first upon Morrigan, then briefly flickered to Buce.

"Will need all the crafters soon." He advised, his voice sounding primitive, but deep. The two hadn't spoken after Buce's promotion to crafter, but they would speak at length soon enough. There were more pressing matters at hand. Turning to Morrigan, the dun flared his dark nostrils, causing the bone which pierced them to dance slightly. "I Gaucho-" He offered stoically. Although he had been in Helovia for quite some time now, he had never truly come to grips with its language, which was wholly apparent in his speech. "- Dragon's Throat Sultan. You plan to stay here?"

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Bucephalus tilted his head. A fresh start? If only she knew. Yes, he knew that very well; the urge to leave everything behind and flee to a place no-one knew your name. Where you could be anyone. Where a killer could be a creator. In fact, her story seemed to ring somewhat similar to his, although he was positive her reason for being an outcast was different than his.

But before the stallion could reply to her question(Not that he knew how, for how does one describe flight to one who has never tasted the winds or felt the power of their own wings?), he was interrupted by a sudden growth of warmth. His ears flicked, and he slowed to a stop as Guacho landed on the sands before them. He had not seen the stallion since the herd meeting, and whilst he felt a thread of weary gratitude that the other pegasus saw fit to place him with the crafters rather than the warriors, he still held a reservation towards the other, withholding opinion until he spoke with this Sultan more.

However, his ears pricked when he mentioned he'd need the crafters soon. Well damn and hooray. There went his free time; he was both excited to the point that his hooves twitched, nearly prancing in place, yet he was also irked for the new responsibilities. No matter, he knew what he was heading in for when he agreed to follow Ampere to join the herd. "Truly? I look forward to it then." The stallion answered honestly, keeping his hooves still. Wouldn't do to dance like a colt while he was in company; plus with no music the dance would seem just...silly.

Something struck him, and he turned to look at Morrigan. "Sultan is one of the leaders, i believe Sultana is the female version of it." He said, recalling the webbed-patterned mare's confusion over Elsa's rank. Although he also hoped he didn't sound like he was insulting her intelligence, but to be honest the ranks confused the hell out of him as well. Crafter was understandable, Forger was faintly so. But it had taken quite a bit of pondering to relate Sultan/Sultana to leaders, Gladiators to fighters. Hell he still had downright no clue what a Diviner was, nor a Sleuth.

Bucephalus
Art done by me
Table by Tamme<3

Feel free to tag Buce in all posts; permission is given for force against him provided it doesn't kill or permanently maim him(ask about the latter)

Our conversation was cut short as a shadow passed over us, bringing with it unexpected warmth that was unnatural to the current season. Slowing to a stop, I looked up just in time to see yet another winged stallion approaching us. Perhaps I had entered a land of only pegasi. This stallion was different though, adorned with an impressive set of antlers and splashed with colorful symbols. Once again, my nerves began to shake as my ears fell back slightly. This new stallion was an intimidating sight to behold, and my guard was raised almost instantly. However, the warmth he emitted called to me, beckoned me closer if I dared. I knew that I shouldn’t, but there was a part of me that desperately wanted to step closer to him and warm my bones by the flames that danced along his wings. The thought alone was enticing, but I refrained, instead shifting so my mane could cover more of my shoulders like a blanket. Had it not been for the darkness of my coat, one would have seen a flush of red glowing brightly in my cheeks.

As he spoke, I felt my confidence waiver for a moment as I realized that I was confused by his title. I could only assume that it was a title of great importance, and as though reading my mind, Bucephalus explained. Now understanding, I lowered my crown with respect towards the Sultan, making sure to direct my ruby gaze at his own sapphire. It was incredibly difficult to look past the bone in his nose, and every fiber of my being wanted to twitch my nose like a rabbit every time it quivered. It was not out of disrespect, but rather I could only imagine that it must tickle? I wanted to rub my nose just looking at it…But, I forced myself to keep eye contact and resisted any unintentional nostril spasms. “I am Morrigan. And with your blessing, yes. I would like to stay here.” My tone was surprisingly calm, covering up any hints that I was actually afraid of being turned away. ’You can always change your path…’ The mantra began to repeat itself in my mind as I awaited the Sultan’s response.

Ascended Helovian

"Yes. Gaucho have big plans for Throat." His large head bobbed slightly in confirmation. He would call the Crafters to him when it was time and tell him of his plans. Until then, he would allow Buce to settle in. For all of the dun's concerns over who was being brought home, Gaucho felt gratitude and appreciation towards the tall stallion, who had only just arrived. To feel such confidence in the Throat already that he would bring others here without having spent a full season here himself was gratifying. He would have to remember to tell Sohalia of his accomplishments.

As Buce explained the rank, Gaucho again bobbed his head in agreement. "Sohalia is Sultana." He offered, saying her name with familiarity and affection. "We rule Dragon's Throat. But Dragon's Throat not just a herd - " (Oh if you could have only heard Gaucho speak even a year ago. Although his words are fragmented and phrased awkwardly now, he had grown in leaps and bounds from when it he first came to Helovia. This language as you can tell, is obviously not his native one; perhaps you know how difficult it is to pick up a new language when you are already 9? If not, I assure you, it is very difficult. But even though Gaucho's speech sounds primitive and childish, there is nothing childish about his abilities as a leader, nor his proven strength on the battlefield. So be patient while he speaks, and use small words.) "-we are rhojosor". Slipping into his native tongue for a moment, the word flowed elegantly off of his tongue. "Family." He clarified. "Throat has crafters like Buce, healers, spies, and warriors. Sohalia also create a nesolat gache, an academy. May go to learn, or help, or teach."

In his antlers, a black mamba snake lurked. Her white body glistened in the glow from Gaucho's antlers, as her black eyes peered forward. Mentally she reminded her bonded to pause to let his words sink in. She looked at the tall stallion and the web-patterned mare with interest, her forked tongue tasting the air and their respective scents silently.

"If you stay here, must have job." Gaucho's stormy gaze shut for a moment, as he breathed deeply, remembering. Gaucho's muscular blue-striped chest twitched slightly, as if his body was relieving whatever was flashing before his eyes. The WildFire's gaze opened after a moment, and his face returned to its former handsomely stoic expression. "There was much darkness in Helovia before. Darkness that was evil, but also darkness in herds. Invasions happened. Traitors came. Lives lost. Throat is family, and Gaucho would die for any of you. That why it matters who we let come in - " This last comment seemed to be directed towards Buce. Twice now the slender stallion had witnessed some amount of hesitation on the part of the WildFire when it came to accepting new recruits: this was the explanation.

Acceptance into the herd was not a superficial request. It meant asking Gaucho, Sohalia, the Warriors and countless others to lay their lives down for you, should you be in danger. It was a task the WildFire committed himself to willingly, but not lightly.

"Not have to pick job now, but soon."

Rhojosor = Family
nesolate gache = Place to Learn

Image Credits

Bucephalus couldn't stop his head from tilting to the side, his white forelock sliding into his eyes, and with a toss of his head he threw it back behind his ear. Big plans? Okay, now he was definitely excited, his curiosity growing. He pondered over what the Sultan could be planning as Guacho spoke to Morrigan, although he focused his attention back on the other stallion. He was both amused and confused. Was the flaming stallion truly ready to die for any of them? Even those that had just recently joined? It was an odd notion for him, one that made him feel rather...uncomfortable. So he chalked it up to a figure of speech and promptly kicked the words from his thoughts, turning his attention to Morrigan.

"I'm sure whatever job you choose you'll excel at. Especially if it's one you enjoy." He said, grinning almost... impishly. Ah, if only there was a job for a fast flyer or a fancy one. He'd sign up in a heartbeat. But crafting, creating, was another thing he felt he could thrust his energy and heart into, although he imagined it would be much harder to craft here in Helovia. No matter. "I know there is fighting and creating, i am unsure of the other jobs." For that, he looked to Guacho, his grin gone but still a flicker of coltish eagerness and mischievousness. He was eager now to begin this new life, and with a glance to Morrigan, he thanked the winds that he would not be the only one stumbling in the dark for a while.

Bucephalus
Art done by me
Table by Tamme<3

As I listened to the larger stallion speak of the wonders and advantages of living within the Dragon’s Throat, auds flicking with interest as his native language would slip out, I was caught off guard by the sight of a snake twisting through his antlers. Instinctively, I took a step back. I was apprehensive of her, though I was not trying to be rude. It was merely natural instincts that told me to avoid snakes. Imagine my surprise when Gaucho didn’t miss a beat, not even phased by the ivory serpent. In fact, he looked quite comfortable with her up there. Realizing I was beginning to stare at his snake, I dropped my gaze lower. Shit! Now it’s the damn bone shaking in his nose! There was so much about this stallion that I wanted to learn more about, that I was curious about, that I wanted to inspect and study until I understood them. But I certainly didn’t want to be disrespectful and flat out stare at them…

Oh but my nose was tickling just watching him as I fought to keep my attention on his words, catching Buce’s words as well. For a split second I pulled my lips together, pursing them to push back the urge to twitch my nose. It was easier for me to ignore the sensations when I was able to respond to his acceptance, a smile returning to my muzzle. ”I would like to learn…” My remark came with a dip of my muzzle, wondering just what I would be able to learn. However, finding a position for myself was a little more difficult. I knew I wasn’t skilled enough to become a warrior, at least not yet by any means. However, a crafter or healer position…

My gaze glanced over to Bucephalus, honestly considering the position as a crafter. But there was something about the possibility of becoming a healer that was just so much more interesting to me. It went against every whispered rumor and spiteful glare I had received in my youth, those that deemed me an omen to the clan. Instead, I could become not only useful, but needed. A blessing, if you wanted to go that far. I was sure that deep within me I could prove myself in such a position. I returned my gaze to Gaucho, bypassing that jiggling bone once again to look him in the eye. ”Thank you Gaucho. I believe that the healer position calls to me the most.” Twitch.

OOC: We don't have to keep this going, just wanted to wrap it up!

Ascended Helovian

Gaucho was oblivious to any signs of twitching that the dark mare exhibited. His mind was solely focused typically on the safety of his herd, eating, or sex. Currently, it was on the first. In his antlers however, Mara was quite aware. She didn't find the mare's behaviour particularly shocking; her bonded was quite handsome, muscular, and alluring in some hard to specify primitive way. Perhaps he represented something that was not found often in Helovia, something uncultured. So many here were quick with their words, quick to reassure, and quick to deceive. Gaucho bore none of these traits, and was, at least from her reptilian perspective, easy on the eyes. So it was no surprise the mare faltered slightly in his presence. Mara hissed a quiet laugh as Morrigan's nose twitched.

"Onnmnnnne leads the healers." Gaucho offered, pronouncing their Physician's name wrong. He had never bothered to learn how to say Onni, having mispronounced it once the first time, but the painted mare never seemed to mind. "Find her. She teach you how to heal with Sun's magic." As he said these words, the flames on his wings rose slightly, adding to the light that the glowing symbols on his antlers gave off. "Sun God give us this land and magic. Always obey Sun God." His words were stern and gave the impression that this rule, above all others, was to be followed. Gaucho was a devout follower of the Sun - that much was obvious by the markings that adorned his body, from the flames that lingered on his wings, to the sun-ray that lined his left eye.

Nodding to the pair, Gaucho retreated a step or two, and tilted his body away from them. Frowning slightly, he wondered where Sohalia was. This diplomacy was more of her area of speciality than his - she would likely have made them feel more welcome, or given them more pertinent information. He wasn't sure. He was their protector, giving them comfort with his strength and military talents, not with his words.

Still, this hadn't gone so bad, had it?

Flexing his wing muscles (and causing the blue-stripes that lined his chest to stretch over his well-muscled frame), Gaucho took to the air, returning to his patrol.

[Onni is our Sun Physician. We have two other healers at the moment, Sikeax and Alija, but only Sikeax and Onni have rank magic (that is, she's the only one who has fire magic to heal). I'll be monitoring how everyone does and will be awarding rank magic next season. So if you'd like Morrigan to actually be able to heal with magic finding Onni and showing IC that you'd like to develop that skill is a great start! If not, I've changed her rank to Healer. Without magic, it just means she's limited to the sorts of aid you would expect from any other character :D ]

Image Credits