the Rift

[OPEN] Teach me your ways

Zünden Posts: 75
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: Four [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Pare
This was her first day out since she had joined the Basin. The day was frigged snow falling slowly and the wind had all but died. The storm filly focused quietly on the soft hiss of falling snow. The sound was peaceful, instead of calming the horned girl, it only drew out her emotions. Sighing heavily the girl stood silently allowing her feelings to ooze from the pits of a broken heart. She could still see and smell the blood of her father; spilled for all to see. Tears slowly burned their way to bi-hued eyes. Green and yellow a like filled and slowly leaked down her handsome face. She was growing every day, but right now she was in a very awkward stage. Strong hips were taller than the smooth shoulders. Her head was manly, but not to the lover of a draft. Draft blood coursed through her veins, the blood of her dead father. The filly hardly felt the pain leaving her body in the form of salty drops. This was the first she had cried since stumbling upon her father's broken empty corpse.

Pulling her soul out of the gnawing pit she enjoyed the hissss of frozen participial. It was a hypnotic, soothing, yet ominous. The filly knew that snow would not suffocate the sorrow or rage within, but she had to try. 'I have to wait until I am strong enough to take revenge and control of the situation.' Her thoughts were bitter saturated in her anger. Why did she still have to be so damn young? Lowering her dark grey muzzle the filly snorted snuffling through the snow not really looking for anything in-particular. Snorting she strode through the storm watching as the snow slowly fell thicker, the flakes swelling in size. Looking around her quietly she searched for an sign of another. Sure she was alone in this winter wonder land the filly threw her body into the air stabilizing on her rear legs before crashing downward. There was no need for sound, all a scream would do was draw others closer. She cantered as fast as long thick legs would carry her.

A while after she passed the lake the filly noticed the snow was thinning once more, but still hissing slowly. Slowing to a walk the filly gazed around her silently taking in the odd surroundings. It was warm here, and there was a pool of water ahead of her. Instead of being frozen and slick, the water steamed and foamed slightly. It intrigued the filly, causing her to move closer muzzle lowered. She sniffed twice at the water before touching her flexible upper lip to it. Shock caused the filly to pull away quickly. 'What the fuck is this?!' She cocked her head slightly staring curiously into the hot water. Her mind did not stay on the subject of water for long though. Thoughts sliding to the death of her father. She was sure that the winged mare that had once owned the feather, she had hidden, was one of Krieger's attackers. This thought only confirmed and encouraged the ideals of racism running through her young mind.

"Arrogant Lingo" 'Pompous Musings'
Words: 526
Notes: @[Rhiannon] Open to others willing to explain stuff lol
Zünden
I can see the fear that will ensure my victory
x - x
Superiority is my reason
Anger is my fuel
Blood is the cost
Victory is my prize
[Image: zunden_by_poolpaw-d8dwmp0.png]
Her horn isn't broken

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Drifting silently over the thermals the dark mare took the chance to observe her home from above. Much could be seen down upon the ground but it was from above that you really got a bird's eye view. Each detail and crevice worth noting she tried to burn into her memory for future reference. One who does not know the ground in which they walk is nothing more than a sitting duck waiting to be slaughtered. In this instance she would not be the poor misguided soul that just happened to wander into something that she could not handle. Lady Illynx had given her warning about those of her brethren who would likely look down upon her due to her misfortune at being the creature she was. Forever she would be plagued by her mothers heinous act that brought her into this world bearing not only the glorious crown of her ancestors but also the wings of those who attempt to call themselves gifted by the gods. "More like those of the damned" she thought with a smirk.

Banking sharply as a voice carried up to her the girl circled with curiosity as to who it might belong to. She had yet to meet many of the Basin's warriors but was interested to dip her toe into those waters to see what might come of it. Sure they may attempt to tear her limb from limb but she was prepared to fight her own battles should things turn bloody. Two toned eyes catch sight of a younger mare lingering aimlessly below staring into what appeared to be either a geyser or hot spring. Based on the moisture rich salted air she was willing to bet it was that of the kind that would not likely blow up in your face. Though if it did it would make for a rather entertaining spectacle from her vantage point.

Decreasing her altitude slowly the mare's hooves finally touched back down with a soft thud as she approached the filly cautiously from her side. Drawing her wings back to her slender frame she stopped a couple feet from the horned beast her eyes sweeping over her bulky frame. " Such foul words from one such as yourself. Tisk tisk tisk.." She commented smartly holding her head with pride. "Hardly something one would expect to hear."

•• TAGS: @[Zünden] •• NOTES: Sorry hope you don't mind Rhea dropping in :p ••
Picture Credits
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Rhiannon Posts: 76
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 6 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
She wandered a lot on her own, nowadays... Fallen from glory, a soldier forgotten, a soldier that lay dying and choking in their own blood as those of their brigade march on to victory, leaving behind them a pool of sweet nothings, empty promises, and blood that tasted of fine, rejuvenating copper. Rhiannon, daughter of Crowley and Arah, elder sister to Asch and Arwen, wandered through her own home, the Basin, the land of her birthright, like nothing more than a stranger.

How long had it been since she had seen her mother, Arah? Her father, Crowley? Or her own, younger sisters, who were naught but strangers themselves to her? Were they well? Or had this dark-consuming madness gotten a hold of them, as well? It was so dreadfully hard to tell... Teeth gnashing, frosted tail flicking to and fro, the brindled Devil prowled the land like a large cat hunting for its next unfortunate meal, muscles twitching and popping at her mad, extended trot through the terrible snowfall that only seemed to personify her own bitter, brutal, macabre personality.

Oh, how far she had fallen...

Once a knight, sworn into service, sworn into fealty to Illynx, her Queen, the Gildedblade... Now rotten and forgotten in a ditch, left behind by the one she desired most.

Hotaru...

Oh, how she lusted for the skilled wraith, the delectable Phantom. The last time they had crossed paths had been at that dance, where her lust for the fair maiden had been so tangible she could taste it, but before she could so much as make a move towards her dear Princess, before she could utter a single swooning syllable, disaster had struck.

No other could hold power or sway over her. No other could captivate her like Hotaru had, the sweet sound of the mare's sinful vocals, a siren in the dark, leading ships astray... And alas, Rhiannon was the poor, unfortunate sailor, cursed and damned by something far more beautiful than what she could hold.

Through the blankets of white that descended from the heavens, a soft, soothing hiss the only sound as the delicate flakes landed upon the heaps of snow, Rhiannon's dual-toned eyes spotted two whom she did not recognize standing about the hot springs. Huh. Seemed she wasn't the only one who desired a hot, soothing bath in such terrible weather. The soldier slowed, bodice stretched outwards, head lifting high, horn poised towards the heavens with pride shining in her mis-colored eyes. And who were they? Once, the brindled Devil may try a sly, seductive approach upon introducing herself, at least towards the one without those ugly, feathered appendages called 'wings', but alas... Her heart was stolen from her own chest, ripped cleanly from an invisible wound, stolen by a specter, and now, nothing else could possibly hold her interest.

"Those are the hot springs. Now, let yourself speak what you wish, child," Rhiannon said cooly towards the youth, the young, horned filly of whom the soldier did not recognize. Smoldering gold and frozen silver eyed the filly as she sashayed through the drifts of frozen crystals of snow, sizing her up, noticing the sculpture of her profound loins, the awkwardness of her growing build, still so young, and the impressive, handsome angles and structures of her fine jaw. One day, this filly would be beautiful, exquisite even... But the winged counterpart would not. "Freedom of expression should be learned at a young, ripe age... For if you do not say what is on your mind as a youngling, then you won't be inclined to defend your opinion as an adult. Your tongue, sweet child, can be sharper than any polished horn."

The winged one was equally appealing, in a far more mature and divine way... But she would look far better without those horrid atrocities splitting from those fine shoulders. Perhaps, should they be friends, this unfortunate mare would allow Rhiannon to pluck them from her shoulders, so she would be rid of them. Yes, that sounded lovely.

Coming to a stop a good, stable distance between them, the brindled Devil eyed the two, a twisting, curling, promising smirk pulling her lips upwards, discourse and danger shining in her dual-toned oculars. "I don't believe we've ever had the privilege of meeting, and I've walked these lands since my birth. I am Rhiannon, Soldier and Knight of the Basin." Bane of your existence, winged one, she wanted to tack on, but Rhiannon knew when to keep her blade sheathed, and when to draw it and attack. Although, it had been a dreadfully long time since she had tasted the blood of another... Since that spar with that winged harpy, Destry.

"And, if I may inquire each of your identities?"

@[Zünden] @[Rhea]

ooc: I'm SO sorry this is late, guys. And I'm sorry for the quality. xD I'm rusty.

Zünden Posts: 75
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: Four [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Pare
Snow was a wondrous and scary thing. It was so pretty to look at, but it could bite like a rabid dog. The powdery crystals reminded the filly of herself; cute but vicious. Different colored eyes narrowed as the scent of another swam through the oddly warm air. Instead of looking to see who had the nerve to approach, the storm grey filly put on a small smile hiding the true emotions bubbling below. It wasn't until she heard the soft swoosh of wings and the thud of hooves that the filly looked up a frown creasing her features. Green and yellow gaze slowly shifted over the much taller mare's form slowly, curiously. How was a winged mare allowed to live here? Narrowing her eyes more the filly caught sight of her horn, forcing herself to relax the girl watched her ears pricked. As her words sank in, harks pinned against her large skull. What gave this woman the right to berate her for using foul langue? She was not her flesh and blood so she had no right. Drawing her stout form up proudly the girl took a deep breath ready to reply.

Before her aggravated voice could ring out another brindled mare strode from the hissing snow. She strode like a cat into their sight. Different colored eyes slowly roved over the pretty mare's frame. Sleek, agile, powerful. Zunden's lips slowly turned up in a coy smile as the newcomer's words flitted to her ears. She took in the last words with a growing smile greatly enjoying the wisdom there. Even though the girl already knew that was true, for she had used it before now. It did not escape her attention that this younger lady had different colored eyes just as she did. Unlike her own they were a bright glinting silver and deep purest gold. The storm filly found herself staring at the mare's frame, enjoying her curves. Shaking her head slightly to clear it the filly watched curiously as the silver and gold orbs covered her own frame causing her to pull herself up more enjoying the rare attention.

Names were all interesting treasures. Treasures that were more priceless than even the largest of diamonds. Rhiannon would be locked away safely paired with her pretty horned head. Once the striped mare was done speaking she allowed her own voice to ring out over the hissing snow. "It's a pleasure to meet you both." Even as she spoke eyes switched back and forth between the two dark pelted mares. "I am Zunden. I just joined this marvelous place with my brother, Adelric. We came here after out father, Krieger, was murdered." Her tone was even, plain, without emotion. "You said to speak my mind, so I will. I have hear only rumors of this herd. Dark rumors that claim everyone here is... Against non horned equines. Is that true? If so, why are so many of us Unicorns against others?" Ears shifted forward again ready for the information she hoped would spill forth. The filly was careful not to let her gaze slipped to the wings of the other, shinny mare. How odd.

As she waited for the answer the filly turned towards the hot spring before slowly moving closer. Surely it wasn't dangerous or someone would have warned her not to touch it. Was she crazy, or smart? She felt twisted as she dared herself to slip into the hot water. Maybe it would burn her, melt hair from flesh, or not. Boldly she stepped into the warmth not stopping until the water was lapping gently over her broad back. It was amazing, relaxing and empowering. Her smile showed how at ease she felt now that she was warm. How could the filly be angry when she was warm? Turning to face the others she waited quietly for more words, and information.

"Arrogant Lingo" 'Pompous Musings'
Words: 647
Notes: Sorry it took so long! @[Rhiannon]
Zünden
I can see the fear that will ensure my victory
Superiority is my reason
Anger is my fuel
Blood is the cost
Victory is my prize
[Image: zunden_by_poolpaw-d8dwmp0.png]
Her horn isn't broken

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Awaiting an answer from the child was only mildly amusing for the hybrid for she really couldn't care less if it came across as offensive or not. No one had spoken kind things to her when she was a child so why should she be inclined to return the favor and offer the opposite. That stupid wench that had cared for her meant nothing to either her parents or herself. She was simply annoying yet at the time necessary for her survival so she had to tolerate her and her babbling for way too long. Perhaps when she fulfilled her goals of striking down her brother she might track her down and reveal her true feelings to the mare. At least that way they could both rot for all of eternity knowing it was her blade that ended them both.

The appearance of another drew her from her plotting plans to turn her bicoloured optics to the newcomer. Like the child she bore double horns upon her head and a dark coloured coat but she doubted that either was related. The striped mare was just another new face in the sea of strangers she found herself surrounded by. When the old mare speaks it is to the child describing the pools of hot liquid that has her so fascinated. Much to her annoyance the next line spoken is also to the child but meant to be a remark at her earlier comments. Flicking a ear as she cast her icy gaze over Rhiannon she resists rolling her eyes at least for the time being. " We both may know this whole freedom of speech act but how is one to know what a parent teaches a child? I was simply making a point." She comments with an edge to her tone as she speaks directly to the brindle mare.

The child's voice thankfully chips in to change the subject of the matter with a brief yet carried out introduction. So Zunden is your name she muses silently as she tucks away the names for future reference. The stallion by the name of Krieger does not sound familiar perhaps she has yet to dig up whatever history he created here in this land. This she will leave for a rainy day when she had nothing better to do. A smirk crosses her face at the mention of unicorns and the alliance against others not bearing their mark. This should be an interesting tid bit if there is an answer to it. Upon her arrival she too had heard rumors of such a thing but she had yet to figure out why things had come to be this way. " Unicorns just have a keener, smarter mind than those of us who do not bear our ancestors crown."

The rest hopefully the brindled unicorn will be able to fill in she thinks as she decides to leave only the single sentence in response to this. She would hate to make false accusations or anything should the rumors all be a myth. " My name is Rhea. I too just arrived in this land wanting to reside somewhere where all the minds are completely insane" She commented chuckling softly at her little stab at humor.

•• TAGS: @[Rhiannon], @ [Zünden] •• NOTES: Don't mind her XD ••
Picture Credits
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo