the Rift

[OPEN] Over Windswept Fields

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

Faster.
The thudding of his stride was the only sound.
Faster.
His hooves flew across the frosted grass.
Faster.
Legs a blur; mere flickers of black and white.

Bucephalus was running. His wings flattened against his side, head low. Every muscle in his body was focused solely on driving him forward.

FASTER

He thrust himself forward, hooves only tapping the ground before they were gone again. His muscles screamed in protest, lungs burning from the frigid air and his heart pounding in his chest, his throat, his legs. With no warning whatsoever, his wings snapped open and he cupped the air, using his feathers as drag to slow himself down. Once he could slow to a trot without falling head over tail, he folded his wings and slowed further to a walk, head low and nostrils flaring, red insides showing with each heaving breath.

Long had it been since he felt the urge to truly run, never having the luxury of flat, decent land to do it on, or the safety. Sweat flecked his dark coat, and he forced himself to keep walking despite his urge to just sink down to the grass. If he did that, he'd cramp himself. He shivered lightly, pressing his wings against his sides to trap the heat his exertion created.

Then...he began laughing. Hoarse at first, it quickly grew into a wild, joyful laugh, and with newfound energy he sprang up and bucked, slender legs lashing out at nothing before he hit the ground and pranced in a circle...then unceremoniously plopped down onto his side with a sigh. "I...am out of shape." He groaned, stretching his neck out on the ground, gold eyes focusing on a single, stubborn burr-plant. Slowly he blinked, then glanced at himself.

In his carelessness, he laid down directly onto the burr-plants, and through some miracle had avoided getting pricked. Getting up... that was different. Shit. Bucephalus closed his eyes, then jerked himself up and bucked, the dozens of little, sharp pains against his hide angering him, and he made sure to stamp every burr to it's demise before he settled and pulled the burrs from his coat, muttering under his breath at his own stupidity and the cruel deity that created the little bastards in the first place.

@[Dröm]

Bucephalus
Art done by me
Table by Tamme<3

Feel free to tag Buce in all posts; permission is given for force against him provided it doesn't kill or permanently maim him(ask about the latter)

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

It had taken much time for the pale mare to venture outside her homeland but in a way it felt better to be trying to move forward. Trying was the key word for she wanted nothing more than to curl up in a ball and hide away from the world to wallow in her despair. In a way she had tried after the months she had spent searching for something that could not be found. They had tried everything only to come up empty handed with a hole in their hearts. Shaking her head to clear away the moisture that had threatened to seep from her eyes she pushed herself forward not wanting to think or feel anything but the ground beneath her feet.

Moving at a steady pace she sought to return to a place where she had felt happiness at one time in her life in the hopes that it may allow her to see beyond the pain. The fields had not changed much since she had last visited well other than being covered by a thin blanket of powder. That was one thing that she had a love hate relationship with during this time of the year. At times she absolutely despised her white coat for against the white powder it swallowed her up making her a living ghost against the canvas. Yet there were the odd times that this benefited her making her enjoy the cold whitewashed season. Sadly there was never an equal balance between the two so it was easier to describe her relationship with frostfall as just plain complicated.

Stopping to catch her breath underneath one of the bare trees she sighed in defeat hating herself for who she was. The last year or so had been brutal for the young mare and it had left its mark on her body. When her boys had been born she had given much of herself to keep them healthy and well fed leaving her painfully lacking the condition she had gained previously in the year. The next strike to her had been the disappearance of her little boy that had stripped her of any energy she had left. In the many long hours she had spent searching for him she had ignored her own needs worrying more for her son and trying to find him. Aeolus had thankfully stayed by her side the entire time forcing her to take breaks so that he could sleep and eat. It had been a very long year and it was not even close to being over.

Reaching her head back to tease a couple pain in the ass burrs from her tail she slowly was able to regain her limited strength. Finally satisfied with her tail she turned her head to gaze around at the fields remembering the first time her boys had seen this place. It was enough to lighten her mood well at least for the time being. Spotting something moving against the vast white landscape she focused her icy gaze to what she found to be a pegasus standing not to far from where she was. How hadn't she noticed him before now? An amused smirk crossed her expression as he too could be seen trying to rid himself of the pesky cling ons. " Too bad there wasn't an easier solution for getting rid of those things." She commented lightly as she stepped into earshot of the stud.

TAGS: @[Bucephalus]
NOTES: Hope you don't mind me dropping in

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

[Image: 3999927.png]

[Image: 3999923.png]

[Image: 9e6b3ad4-a8c4-4003-bd66-cb75589c58e6_zps...1415597174]

Once he was sure the burrplants were gone, he lifted his legs to pluck the burrs from his slightly feathered hooves, muttering under his breath. But a voice caught his attention before he could get into the awkward position of working on his hind legs, and he lifted his head to see whom it was. A mare, beautiful to the point of ethereal, ghosted forward towards him. His ears pricked, and he folded his wings against his sides and straightened. "I'm not sure why they even exist." He said, dipping his neck to her.

"My name is Bucephalus, and yours...?" He asked, head tilting slightly as he watched the pale mare. She was similar to Elsa, a living embodiment of snow. But the only thing that marred her beauty was the lack of wings on her shoulders. The sight saddened him; how many horses in this land were earthbound? He didn't think he'd ever get over it. It was just...wrong and sad. Did they ever dream of flight? Or since, they had never felt the feeling of flight, didn't care? Ignorance was bliss to most, it seemed.

But he was distracting himself once more, and he forced his usually moving body to remain still despite his inner agitation. His gaze flickered to the crushed burrplants, and a flicker of regret flashed through him. "Although i suppose they serve a purpose." He added, returning his golden gaze to the white mare.

Word Count:241 Tags:@[Brisa]

Please tag Bucephalus in all posts.
Any force is allowed against short of death.

Pixel by Aud

Winding her path around the forsaken plants that yielded the nasty burrs the mare attempted to save herself from plucking more out of her coat later. From her memory it appeared that there were many more of these things than before unless they just seemed more noticeable when the rest of the plants had died back. Either way it just created a giant obstacle if one was to attempt to walk away without looking much like the bushes themselves. At the thought she couldn't help picture one such as herself completely encased in the prickly pods. That would definitely be a situation where things would be rubbing in all the wrong unmentionable places. Shuddering at the thought she cast away any thought she might have had later in life about using them for any purpose whatsoever. Lets just hope that there are not some unknown medicinal properties to the little buggers forcing her to deal with them. " If only as irritants to those who decide to walk into them." She responded with a slight smirk.

The stallion before her was a complete stranger yet she found herself approaching him willingly. Strange for her normal skittishness considering when she had met Destrier for the first time she had nearly jumped out of her skin especially when his dragon companion had appeared. Much had changed since that time including herself. She could at least manage to not freak out if someone came anywhere near her now. Many strange creatures inhabited this land that she had come to call home so she needed to just take things as they came. Wings, horns and all that were becoming an everyday occurance nowadays. She would have a huge problem if she panicked over a horse with wings considering her twin boys both had them.

"My name is Brisa." she introduced mimicking the stud's gesture with her own as she drew up a couple feet away so not to invade into personal space zones.

-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --

He flicked an ear, amusement in his features. "Well met, Brisa." He asked, shifting his wings and wincing as something sharp jabbed into the tender skin on the arch of his wing. Damnit. With an irritated snort he turned his head and nuzzled his feathers, searching for the prickly culprit with his lips and spitting it out once he found it.

"Bleh. You can never get all of them out. There's always more to be found." He said, turning his head towards the pale mare, gold eyes curious. "So what brings a lovely mare such as you to such a high and cold place?" He asked with a faint grin, his ears pricked at the pale mare. Of course he was here as well, but he had come to run. The sands had too many dunes, the forests had trees, and the thistle meadow had too many tall plants. This place(aside from the burrs) was perfect to run through, with soft soil and springy grass.

As much as the black enjoyed flight, sometimes it was a relief to just run. "What herd do you hail from also, if i may ask?" He asked, looking at her as he carefully stepped out of the burrpatch he was in, ears cocked towards the pale mare and eyes focused down until he deemed it safe, then the mare had his full attention once more.

Word Count:231 Tags:@[Brisa]

Stifling an amused chuckle as the pegasus found yet another burr lodged within his feathers she couldn't help but agree with him. "There is never just one." While she had only found a couple in the longest tendrils of her tail there was sure to be more hidden somewhere she had yet to find. If only there was a way to make them fall off on their own. It was so annoying trying to rid herself of the small prickly hairs that liked to stick to her muzzle. Fire would likely be able to burn the little pricks...wait a minute. Maybe that was her solution to the problem! Like the flies she could just burn them off her body. Well not right now... she could just imagine what kind of psycho she would look like if she just randomly lit herself a flame all to burn a couple burrs. Despite how tempting it was to see if her idea would work she refrained making a mental note to try it sometime when there was nobody around she could accidently hurt or set on fire. It would likely be a good idea to try and regain her energy beforehand so the fire did not consume her completely and kill her.

Allowing her thoughts to return to the present her gaze lifted to meet the golden eyes of Bucephalus for a moment. Why was she here? The question caught her a little off guard for she had never expected to run into anyone when she had first set out. The truth would probably sound stupid if she even managed to form it into a sentence. Yes she was just out here to try and remember what it felt like to be happy and not yearning for her son to come back to her. A simpler answer would have to suffice for she was not going to think about the real reason she was here. "The Edge is my home for now. I just needed to get away for a little bit and have a change of scenery." She finally commented softly.

Shaking her head to dislodge a couple locks of her mane to the correct side she couldn't help huff as she yet again found more burrs there. "I think they literally jump off the bushes or something." She said with annoyance as she tried unsuccessfully to reach the small cluster and yank it free. " What brings you out here? Did you have far to travel?

Jumping off the bushes sounded about right."Hmm? Oh. To be honest... i came here to run and dance." He said, feeling assured that he had gotten the burrs out from his wings before he watched the mare take care of her own burrs. He could feel the ones in his hind hooves prick annoyingly, and despite wanting to stomp and buck or awkwardly position himself to just get rid of the damn things, he didn't. It wouldn't be proper.

"World's Edge, hmm? I come from Dragon's Throat." He hummed, ears flicked forward towards her. "Well Brisa...would it be forward of me to ask if you'd like to dance?" He asked, grinning in amusement. Whether she did or not mattered little to the stallion; it was one of the reasons he came here. To frolic and play and not give a damn about anything or anyone. Not like he did anyway, but it was nice to occasionally drop the facade and be himself. But not in front of others. No, he'd play the gentlemanly foreigner. Safer and generally better that way.

"If you don't know how, that's not a problem. I have no qualms about teaching someone to dance." He offered just to be sure, his head tilted to the side and golden gaze once more focused on her pale form. Black and white dancing together. He wanted to laugh at the poetic nature of it. Of course..the dance would feel moderately empty without music, and the silence of the world shifted it's weight in his chest, reminding him that he was in a world where silence was supreme.

Word Count:271 Tags:@[Brisa]

Pixel by Aud

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
She watched the stallion gallop hard, fast. She had recently galloped and was not in need of more exercise, so she would not be joining him today. His short burst of energy ended with him laying on his side. He tired quickly, she assumes he's used to flying not galloping. She sees the rise and fall of his side as his lungs take in and give out air. She halted just in time to see him rise and buck-- yes, there are burrs in the plants. She cocked a dished head, a playful smile crawling it's way onto her lips. "Everyone is out of shape now." She comments to herself as a white mare joins him. He begins by questioning their very creation. She watches carefully. The white mare has got some sense to her. Feeling as though no harm could come from this gathering, the light flaxen arab prances her way down towards them, playful smile still in place.

Drom stops listening as she gets closer, excited to meet knew friends. She halts near them. "He-" He asks her to dance. She stops her hello and looks at the two of them. What have I interrupted? She asks herself, silently. There would be awkwardness to come. After a few seconds, the Storyteller sighs softly. Not a sad sigh, a content one. "Sorry for intruding, but it seemed like fun over here. I can leave if you want?" She offered kindly. She knew neither of these strangers. Some strangers in helovia were crazy. Yes, most were sane, but some... have a few mental problems.

ooc: I completely forgot about this until today ;-; so sorry <3
[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

Having travelled around much of Helovia she had come across many unique places over the last two years but the sandy landscape of the throat was one she had never ventured to. It wasn't from lack of curiosity but the desert heat wasn't something that particularly appealed to her. Granted right now in the middle of frostfall any heat would be nice to warm her cold aching bones. The closest she had travelled had been likely to the transition between grass and sand. The vast expanse of barren sand had tempted her to go further but without the safety of trees and hideaways nearby it slipped from her mind. Perhaps someday she would see what many described but she was definitely in no condition to do that right now unless she wanted to become a rotting carcass.

Shivering slightly as a cool wind blew across the fields she lowered her head to bite at a rather itchy patch that irked her on her shoulder. As Bucephalus spoke again she had to do a double take on the question being asked to make sure that she had not misheard him. Did he just say dance? Dance... Confused but rather intrigued she gave him a questioning look trying to figure out if was serious. "Dancing?" When no further comments left his mouth she finally had to realize that he was dead serious. Dancing? Really? She hadn't the faintest idea how to even begin.

Well she had come out here to try and remember what it was like to be happy maybe dancing would give her a glimpse. Deciding to just go along for the hell of it she chuckled softly. " I hate to disappoint you but trying to teach me dancing might be next to impossible. Some days I trip over my own feet more than I actually walk." She commented somewhat playfully. She wasn't exactly the balance expert considering her near death experience had been getting stuck in a pond in the middle of last frostfall. Fate would have it she found the only hole large enough to wedge her foot in.

Jumping ever so slightly when another mare came walking up without her noticing she realized either she was seriously lacking on sleep or needed to pay more attention. With her brain working on almost zero sleep in goddess only knows how long it wasn't surprising she was a little out of it. Losing your child would do that to you. Flicking her ears back with slight unease at another stranger joining them she tried not to let on her wariness. "We were just talking you haven't interrupted anything." She replied managing a friendly smile. "My name is Brisa."

TAGS: @[Dröm], @[Bucephalus]
NOTES: --

This was proving to be quite the day. He had come to be alone, and was chanced upon by a rather beautiful mare, even with her lack of wings. Even though he had intended solitude, he wasn't going to complain; mayhap he would gain a dance partner out of this, someone that could ease the lack of movement and song.

She could not dance? A mare? He supposed he should get used to it by now. But mares had always been the best dancers, the best singers. Stallions were the music and writers, with the rare exception. But the approach of another prevented the black from speaking, and he turned his head, blinking. Well, the more the merrier was correct. Maybe, with these two, he could teach Helovia to dance. Or, attempt to. There really was no point to it save his own desire to see others in motion; it was one thing that drew the stallion like moth to flame. "No no, you're welcome to stay. I do not believe any own this meadow, it is all ours to share." He hummed, dipping his head to the newcomer.

"And my name is Bucephalus. I was just offering to teach Brisa here how to dance, if you would care to join?" He asked, looking at both now. "It isn't as difficult as you think." He assured, head tilting slightly. "Even those who trip over their own feet," he looked at Brisa with amusement, "can dance. They may not be the best, but nor may they be the worst." He returned to watching the two mares, awaiting a response.

Word Count:268 Tags:@[Brisa] @[Dröm]

When the white girl imagined dancing she pictured elegance and beauty none of which she could associate with herself. She was merely a broken vessel granted the gift of life to try and get herself through a lifetime. Her a dancer? The thought was highly amusing but her confidence wavered leaving her with the feeling that it could never be accomplished. At the celebrations she had marvelled at everyone's dancing skills and talent but not pursued seeing if she could manage something that even looked like dancing. Aeolus and Levex had both kicked up their heels and enjoyed themselves but she had chosen to sideline herself and watch the rest of them have fun. The memory burned through her heart like wildfire leaving its frayed pieces in agony. Would things ever cease to stop hurting like this? If this was what happiness would bring her she wanted nothing to do with it.

Pulling in an unsteady breath she tried to mask it with a small cough remembering where she was. Snapping her eyes back into focus she found Bucephalus watching her. Blushing shyly she couldn't help but feel like an idiot for no apparent reason as she dropped her icy blue eyes from Buce to look to Drom. Great not only did she not know how to dance but she was being all awkward again as if she didn't have enough problems on her plate. Well she had been looking to step out of her hole and try and live again guess this is what she got for isolating herself for a couple months. " Skating might be easier." She commented with a smirk. "At least when I fall over my feet I could blame it on the ice."

Chuckling at her rather pathetic joke she shook her head slightly knowing it likely sounded stupid. Instead of the grace and everything that went along with it she must have inherited the gene bringing a lifetime of embarrassment. At least she had learned to laugh at herself and try and go with the flow as best she could.

Brisa speaks

TAGS: @[Bucephalus], @[Dröm]
NOTES: Sorry, Skipped you baylee to due to time to keep thread moving. Just jump in when you can <3