the Rift

[PRIVATE] These bright lights have always blinded me

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

The massive beast continued to groom his mate, his lids falling half closed as a content humming noise lifted from his deep baritones. His tail waved lazily behind him, warding off the flies that trickled around the cherry blossom trees that surrounded the pair of lovers. Her presence soothed him to his very core, brought his war-hardened mind back to the gentleness it took to love her and stabilize her as well as himself. Every ounce of him was relaxed and content with her at his side once more. His molten eyes took in the curves and the sharp corners of her frame, missing the way her velveteen pelt felt against his. He worked his muzzle down her withers and back, across her ribs, counting each one with a kiss of his pale lips. Every inch of her the Dauntless had committed to memory, and touching her again was better than any drug or high this world had to offer--even battle. She was his all, his reason for feeling love. Together they had brought strong sons into the world after the trauma of losing their beautiful daughter, and together they would face the world head on again.

"The boys are well. Strong. Like us. We have done well, and now they discover the world and fight on their own behalf." Archibald's voice was a husky whisper, meant just for his Shadowmere to hear in this moment. His own ears flicked at her inquiry. How had he been faring? A small smirk lit his features as he remembered their reunion in the north, after his season of scouting. A deep, rumbling chuckle left his pale lips. "I have found a place in the World's Edge, led by Kahlua and Kaj. It is peaceful there, but I am building up strong warriors. Ktulu and Lakota are there, as well. Some other remnants of our past lay within those borders and among the ranks, but there is no ill-will harbored for past sins. Since the darkness covered the lands, the world is new." Archibald wondered if his mare had traveled to what once was their home, the Foothills, to see that had become of the land of mountains and waterfalls in the wake of the darkness.

Archibald rested his massive head on Circe's rump, watching her out of the corner of his half-lidded eyes. "The past matters not, the future is ours. We are together, again." Archibald closed his eyes and nestled his chin into her finely muscled croup, the small, deep hum still rumbling in his throat.

I see you lying next to me
With words I thought I'd never speak
Awake and unafraid, asleep or dead
Image credits

@[Circe]

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
RE: These bright lights have always blinded me - by Archibald - 12-19-2014, 11:58 AM