the Rift

[OPEN] If I Could Be Your Angel

Muriel Posts: 54
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 6 Years 4 Months
Brit

All was quiet, peaceful. The wind blew in a soft caress through crinkled autumn grasses, the afternoon sun burning away the cloud cover of the mountainous peak. Everything was still, birds chirping in the underbrush in melodic communication, life brimming on the hillside. And then, suddenly, a loud harmonic whoop that trailed over the fall colored earth in a shriek of glee. From above a rose maiden plummeted, lavender eyes wide and brimming with excitement, with the thrill of life and flight. Golden ribbon-laced legs spread, perching for the connection to the earth that sent birds and bunnies scattering across the plains as she crash landed and went sprinting over the crackling grass, bugling and laughing her joy. Long, lean legs eat up the ground as she chases the scattered animals, delighting in the fact that she could never catch them with how quickly the bunnies could maneuver. It didn't matter to her, what held real meaning was the fact that she was out in the fresh air, exercising and letting her worries fade away for the first time since Leliel had disappeared.

As the meadow ended, a sheer drop approaching on the far end of the hillside, Muriel laughed and threw her lithe form into the vacancy of the sky. Doubled wings snapped open, catching the cool autumn breeze and spiraling her up and into the embrace of the atmosphere. There were some serious advantages to having double the amount of wings of any creature in Helovia, though in Janet it had been the norm. The lass twisted, airborne, spiraling and looping through playful air currents as she sang to her heart's content, believing herself to be entirely alone at the top of the world where only the Gods could judge her. The words were ancient, a language she couldn't recall ever having learned, and yet it was a lullaby she knew from her adventures long ago before she found Helovia. It didn't matter what it meant to her, because Muriel was enjoying the melody, the way it coiled around her in belated chase as she circled the hillside.

Wings folded, soft tendrils caressing her belly and flanks as her athletic form dove down, down, down. Landed with a bounce and a kick of her heels, bucking and delighting in the simplistic pleasure of life. And when the air was driven from her lungs and she was panting, smiling brighter than the sun, she fell. Crumpled to the earth and rolled, legs kicking and snorting in delight as her pinkened frame rubbed against the grass and soil, staining the delicate arch of her spine with the browns and rusts of the earth. Her wings unraveled as she stared up at the sky, spreading out and flaring in all their large, exotic beauty, golden tips reaching for the horizon as her song drifted off to a harmonious hum. A fallen angel, wings askew, prone and trusting upon the earth.

It was a beautiful day.

@[Argen]

Muriel
I thought you promised me the world?
Image Credit
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Argen Posts: 37
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Equine :: 16 hh :: Four years HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Solomon :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Fire Breath Time

ARGEN

Small bursts of fire lit the sky, followed by pleased squeals and joyful trills. The bronze dragon flew fast and hard, pushing himself through clouds and higher up on warm currents. Fire! He repeated with glee, a reptilian smile peeled across his features. The dragon was growing stronger each and every day, and the constant exploration that he partook with his bondmate kept his senses heightened. Solomon was truly happy in his moment, broadening his ability to breathe fire.

On the ground below, Argen followed his companion. Striped hooves pounded the loamy earth as he galloped across the fields. The silver boy's ears pinned to his neck as he raced his dragon, above him in the sky. "You can't beat me!" Argen chuckled, sticking his head out and extending his legs. The stallion devoured the earth beneath him, kidding up chunks of grass and dirt behind him. His breath was heavy and sweat seeped through his fur around the crevices of his body, his flanks, and his chest. The spotted stallion pushed on, tossing his head suddenly and stopping.

Solomon twisted in the sky and descended, gliding in wide circles around his master. Argen smirked at the reptile and bucked, kicking his heels high towards the clouds. With such a daunting task on their hearts, it was hard to believe this pair was still young, and still needed time for play in their adventurous lives. And, it seemed, they were not the only ones. Above them, a flash of color caught their attention simultaneously. Solomon flapped his wings hard and darted towards his bonded, clutching at his mane just before his withers. What this? He asked, hissing at the creature as it descended on a cresting knoll above their heads, yards off. With his brows firmly pushed together, Argen turned his attention towards the pink creature and its landing spot, ears pushed forward. We can find out. He suggested, sending calming waves towards his young dragon. Snorting, the pair set off at a trot towards the winged, fuchsia creature.

"What are you doing?" Argen asked, as he stopped, just a few horselengths from the stranger. He had watched her frolic and roll in the grass after her landing, but now he stood watching her, a skeptical stoicness painted on his handsome, chiseled features. She was different so far than the others he had met in Helovia--being pink and all--but she also had two sets of wings. The only other creature that the bonded equine and dragon had met that possessed two pairs of wings was a grand golden dragon, belonging to a warlord with the biggest army Argen had witnessed or heard of in broodmare's tales.

image credits

Deceased
Brit

Masculine tone reached out to wrap round delicate pink ears, snagging attention away from tracing designs out of the clouds above, hard as it was with the fog of the cold blurring clarity of vision. Blinking lavender eyes, Muriel struggled a little to roll to her side, the width of two wings making it exponentially harder when attempting to stand with it pinned beneath her weight. Curving her neck to look for the speaker, her eyes fell upon a pale form, a dark face, a dracon. Puzzled amber eyes, warm and bright in the washed out late autumn atmosphere. Handsome, she realized idly, though Muriel was never one to let it cloud her mind too heavily. Kicking and carefully rolling to avoid her wings, the pastel beauty danced and tiptoed to her deep fuchsia hooves and swiveled to meet the mystery male.

Excitement danced on her slim, pretty features as she tentatively approached the stallion, lavender orbs inviting as they attempted to catch warm amber. Only realizing that the words that had caught her attention were exactly that - words. A question, in fact. Muriel was not one to become easily embarrassed, especially over something that brought her joy, and so her answer was smooth and unbothered. "Rolling, spending some energy. The clouds are peaceful to look at, though not exactly comfortable for extended periods laying on your spine," she laughed, warm and homely, a housewife's perhaps or maybe a loving mother. Innocent, however. Muriel was a rather naive soul, too pure perhaps, and it translated in every word she gave to Argen.

The reptile upon his withers only strengthened her curiosity, reminding her of Fina in the way it was otherworldly. Much like all of Helovia was. "My name is Muriel," she offered kindly, smile clearly translating that she was hoping to spark conversation, interested in this handsome male with the stunning dracon. Though as she ventured closer, she couldn't get her eyes of those warm, nearly glowing amber eyes. Radiating warmth that didn't match the chilled tone of his voice, the set of his features. Never one to conceal her thoughts, nor censor her words, Muriel shyly smiled.

"Your eyes are beautiful, and your companion is very handsome," she murmured, flicking her own gems between the two things in question, her smile bright and clueless. Soft feathered wings caressed her sides, shielding her nearly completely from the chill with her double appendages. Unassuming, easy prey for the stallion should he choose to betray her in such a way. Likely, too. Who wouldn't want to tarnish such innocence?

Muriel
I've been waiting to smile for awhile now
Image Credit
Plot with me here!

ARGEN
See the lightning in your eyes
See ‘em running for their lives
Argen listened as she spoke. Her voice was smooth and welcoming. It was not the muted honey that was Aylin's voice, even alluring with her raging anger towards him and his towards her, but he liked this voice nonetheless. Almost subconsciously, Argen moved closer to the pink female. His eyes did not leave her's for a moment, even when she looked to Solomon. "I am Argen, this is Solomon." He nodded towards the bronze creature that seemed to stand taller. The reptile climbed up his bondmate's crest to rest on his poll, a far better venue to watch the dual-winged woman. She thinks you're handsome. Argen told his dragon, lifting a brow some and flicking his tail against his hocks. His lightning yellow eyes widened as she spoke of him. Naturally, the compliment went to his head. The bronze's chin lifted and his chest puffed out. Even in his young age, the royal dragon was proud of his heritage as exactly that--royal. He was handsome, and it was excellent for this mare to point it out. Argen shook his head, shaking his dragon along with it. Go hunt. Argen's mental command was followed by a hiss from his dragon and a dark cloud of smoke being puffed into his face, but Solomon was obedient. Extending his wings, the young drago drifted until he caught a rift of warm air that carried him high and far away.

Taking another step forward, Argen lowered his muzzle some, his face softening, as he extended his lips towards Muriel. "You are an exquisite creature yourself, Muriel." Argen turned his body some to stand parallel to her, but facing the opposite direction, so that the left sides of their faces were nearly touching cheek to cheek. "You seem interesting, too. Tell me about yourself." The silver's voice dropped some, his deep tone becoming more gritty and husky. His lids dropped some as well, his amber eyes luring her in. The brute took a few steps forward again, hoping to press his barred shoulder against her's. He turned his head, moving to groom the space where her wings met her shoulder. He side-eyed her, before touching her, looking for the invitation.

She had every avenue to run away, especially with dual-wings that Argen only imagined were more powerful than single wings, but he hoped she did not. There was something about her that pulled the stallion in--and something about him, too, and it pleaded to hang between his legs and devour the mare's innocence--but Argen would keep the hunger, the lust, the beast at bay until she was beckoning for him to be released.

[ @[Muriel] Argen is a monster, and so am I. Sorry for changing tables!]

We are the long forgotten sons
And daughters that don't belong to anyone
We are alone under this sun
We work to fix the work that you've undone
</style>

please tag argen in all posts

Deceased
Brit

She is naive, oblivious to the sordid intensity with which he stares at her. All she notices is how he wanders closer, drawn towards her in a more friendly closeness. Pink lips radiate her pleasure at this change, glowing from within at the mere idea of companionship. Long, graceful limbs dance towards him in turn, careful not to edge too close and have him back away. Only for her attention to be easily drawn to the newly-named Solomon, watching in awed delight as he puffed and preened beneath her words. He was simply magnificent. There were no companions on Janat, and she was as enraptured by him as she had been Fina. Though mildly disappointed when he wordlessly lifted from Argen's coat to the skies, Muriel was an easily pleased, almost childish individual. Argen would be more than enough to captivate her interests.

Even so, she isn't a child, and she shifts and warms all over at the attention he showers upon her. He is smooth and sultry where Leliel was awkward and gruff, and the change was definitely something she could appreciate. But there was something inherently dangerous in Argen that Muriel couldn't help but be captivated by, as little as she was able to see of the heat in his gaze. This wasn't just playing with fire. This was playing with fire with a pyromaniac who'd burn her when he ran out of wood, paper and C4. But burning was a calculated risk. Was it a bad sign if Muriel already considered herself collateral damage?

So instead she tilts her cheek to his lips, shivers playing along all of her pale coral feathers, a delicate-heart dove quaking beneath the intimacy. She is completely swept away, hook, line and sinker, by the mere softening of his face. The interest he holds for her, faked though it may be. Not that Muriel is much aware of that. "I'm not an interesting character, I fear to tell you," she murmured softly, tentatively sweeping the nearest wing back as he edged closer. A clear invitation for his lips to touch her skin. Perhaps she considers affection of a physical nature to be something else, but she is lonely and sad and he is there, and he is sweet and smooth and even if all his words are lies she is desperate enough to let herself believe them.

Letting her own lips try and find his shoulder, she flicks her lavender eyes towards him, awaiting his decision to allow her to groom him in return or reject her. "I followed someone I thought was the love of my life to this land, only for him to leave me again and again. And now, I am merely lonely and trying my best to keep moving forward." Pale pink lashes conceal her gems halfway as she gazes at him quietly, a wry smile on her lips. "You give me too much credit, Argen." Leaning closer, she shares the heat of her body, lips moving in an attempt to ghost down the lean curve of muscle on his shoulder.

She is lonely. Her mistakes are sure to haunt her, but he chases away her demons. Couldn't he be counted as a form of medicine?

She sure would love to overdose.

Muriel
Image Credit
Plot with me here!

ARGEN
See the lightning in your eyes
See ‘em running for their lives
The young stallion was all-too familiar with this scene that was playing out here in the heavenly fields. His lips moved skillfully over her skin, gently caressing her in an attempt to bend her to his will. Surely, there was something more to this mare that Argen should discover, delve into the depths of her mind...but he was not interested. He was hungry for only something she could offer, and he needed to take it today. From his lips he hummed a gentle song, his voice light and airy as she spoke. The words shifted through one of his ears to empty into the air from the other. The weight of her words was meaningless, their emotions lost on him. He was a good actor, and the murmur he let loose was a mock of true consolidation. "I am here." It was a faint mumble on his lips, as he drank her in and became drunk with the desire that burned deeply in his chest and his loins.

His gentle massaging transformed into careful nipping, gently easing his way down her spine and ribcage. "His pleasure is has no base of comparison to the pleasure I can offer you." Argen looked up at her, his amber eyes sparkling with a devilish glint. He turned so his chest was level with her hip and he nipped at the point of her hip a few times. His neck arched some and he tossed his head, dirty blonde locks tossing to play in the wind. The roaned boy kicked his heels up some in a lavish display of power before he trotted a full circle around Muriel. He lifted a brow in her direction, kicking his heels up again before nipping at her front knees.

He hoped the pink mare would pick up on his game, neigh into the wind and gallop around the field for him to catch. She was his prey and he was a devouring hunter, a wolf in equine costume ready to wash her over in his heat and desire. Nickering some, Argen flicked his tail, playfully jutting a front striped hoof out in a teasing manner before trotting behind her, laying a quick, gentle nip to her buttock.

@[Muriel]

We are the long forgotten sons
And daughters that don't belong to anyone
We are alone under this sun
We work to fix the work that you've undone
</style>

please tag argen in all posts

Deceased
Brit

There is no need for an attempt at bending her, for she is made of the most malleable of substances, needy and lonely. There is only pain to be made, where she is heading. Logic is shoved down beneath the force of her sorrow, the pleasure that blooms warm and desperate in her breast at his touch. Loneliness tells her to fall into him, to let him hold her up and keep her warm and sane for one night more. It will lead to only heartbreak, he is intangible, inconsistent, a shadow to disappear once the sunlight shines overhead once more in her dreary life.

"I am here."

It is all that is required for her to fold, for the ease of whatever tension tells her that she is foolish. How much more of an idiot could she be? But her heart aches with a pain she cannot chase away. Maybe his body can be her relief.

He speaks of pleasure like a demon might the sweetest of deals for her soul. She is all too willing to slice her palm and seal it, to drown away her sorrow in the fleeting joy he can offer her. "Then you'd better show me," she coos, falling into a bubble of forgetfulness and careless numbness. It's better to feel nothing than feel the burn of pain that consumes the fleshy red of her heart in her skeletal frame.

Nips begin to litter her body, drawing heat to the surface until it simmers and buzzes pleasantly like an aphrodisiac. She shifts away from his teeth until her ribboned legs dance in place, watching him beneath the curtain of her magenta locks. They are playing a dangerous game, and she has thrown in all her chips, already aware of the fact that she would never gain them back.

She runs.

He nips at her and she folds to his chase, letting her long legs propel her to the ends of the earth, already knowing he would catch her. Aware of the fact that she would let him. Coyly she glances over her shoulder, the glitter of lavender gazing at him, daring him to chain and ruin the freedom that has always flooded her veins. She'd sooner turn to ash than feel the pain of her own burning any longer.

Muriel
Image Credit
Plot with me here!