the Rift

[OPEN] When I feel the bullets graze against my skin

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Dear fellow traveller,
under the moon

In the back of his mind he wished Tandavi would go and leave him in this slump of sorry mess. There was no need to burden her with his woes. He knew in time that the world would right itself again, but right at that moment he was experiencing the worst low and poor, caring, beautiful Tandavi had walked right into his miserable storm. He selfishly clung to her side like how a child held onto their favourite teddy, the rise and fall of her breathing, the heat of her closeness and the whisper of her voice. No, he should have told her to go away and leave him to grieve, but he carelessly clutched her side and wept away all the pain in his chest without a second thought. Inari, sharing the sadness through bond, sinks to the side of the kitsune and closes his eyes when his fellow vulpine brother begins to clean his bright orange fur. Today they were heartsick and dismal, but surrounded by the nurturing shoulders of friends.

What was she like? Tandavi’s question lingered in the stained colts mind as he struggled to compose himself. His relationship with his dam had been a pleasant one, Sacre always the one to disappear on some made up mission, going places he shouldn’t and often getting into trouble. She had been motherly, supportive and he wished he could’ve had more time to repay her love and care. He regretted not visiting more often and not spending more of his life with her when he had grown independent. There were so many more moments they could have shared together and all of it had been taken from him.

Through the brief silence Sacre shuffled on his feet and shook his head free to think clearly, slowing his breathing to deep breaths. A small bright smile crept onto his dark lips as he thought of Kou and answered dear Tandavi’s question. ”She was pretty, pure white like snow. So gentle and full of love” he answered as his voice cracked. Her pristine image was marred by the bloody memory of the last time he had seen her. Why oh why had he walked through the meadow?! Part of him wished he never knew and lived on in ignorance, the last recollection of her would live with him forever.

Smile now gone; he turned his broken blue gaze onto Tandavi with a pleading look of desperation and confusion. ”I don’t even know what happened to her” he whispered, his voice twisted in sadness. Did he even want to know? His face swept away from his friend and to the floor, wishing it would open up and swallow him. The days after this one would surely, but slowly, get better as he hardened his heart. This day was the worst of all days.

(so sorry for the wait charks!! D: @[Tandavi])

image by strideroo

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
RE: When I feel the bullets graze against my skin - by Sacre - 12-14-2014, 07:51 PM