the Rift

[PRIVATE] If I'm not back again this time tomorrow, carry on

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin
As his mother and the panther accept him back into their lives, the half-child is warmed to the heart and overflows with love for them. It had not hurt his heart at all when his father had died, but he is nearly moved to tears as he stands here and knows that he is breaking his sweet mother’s heart. She is everything to him; he has always tried to make her happy because she has always given him her heart and soul. He would not lay down his life for his father, but for his mother he would happily die if it ensured her safety.

“I wasn’t there,” he responded to her question, closing his eyes to imagine the scene that Zunden had described to him… just a body, their father’s, laying in the snow, horn missing and body bloodied nearly beyond recognition. Turning backwards just slightly, he looked at the strand of hair that was wound through Tobias’ growing antlers. It was the only momento he had of his father… it was enough.

He turns back just in time to see her reaction to his next words, watching her with furrowed brow, trying to understand what she is thinking. He doesn’t want her to hide herself from him. She has hid so much from him before, but he can forgive her that, if only she is truthful with him now. If she can be, that is. But he doesn’t bother her yet to tell her this, for she has words of her own to speak. He listens carefully, nodding to show that he understands what she is asking of him. Still, there is something within him that dares to defy the angel that stands before him.

“We’re pretending our mother is a unicorn,” he murmurs softly, “But if they ever find out I won’t say that I hate you.” It is perhaps the first time he has ever been defiant to the beautiful woman before him, but he knows it is not in his heart to tell such a lie. Other untruths slip from his lips with ease but he doesn’t think he can manage this one. It is outside of his reach. “I’m so sorry, mother,” he says then, lowering his head in shame. He has left her when all she has ever done is love him. He has defied her when all he has ever tried to be is obedient. “Are you upset? Don’t lie to me… please?”

@[Kiara]
Adelric
We only have what we give.
x - x
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
RE: If I'm not back again this time tomorrow, carry on - by Adelric - 12-06-2014, 08:35 PM