the Rift

[OPEN] The ents go marching one by one (Joining)

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz
M U R D O C K

She greeted him cheerfully in turn, her voice slow and thoughtful like the gentle sway of the trees in the wind. When she spoke of Kahlua, he immediately knew she was a friend. “A pleasure to meet you, Fig,” he bowed his head to her, offering a welcoming smile. “I am Murdock, Protector of the Edge. Your search may come to an end here as you have found our lands!” Shards of glass were scattered here and there in the snow, jagged edges just barely visible through the blanket of white that had settled upon the forest. What was left of the wall marked the edge of their territory, though to newcomers their boundaries were likely ambiguous.

In the silence that followed, Murdock resumed his study of the mare. That is what she was, after all…right? Or was she more tree than horse? The plant that grew from her back appeared to be the type that produced fruit, though exactly what kind, he was not sure. Was it a burden to have such a weight towering over your head? Or a blessing? He supposed it provided portable shelter, which was handy indeed. Also, it could be a source of food if one could not find anything to eat. Or would that be cannibalism…

His lack of knowledge of this mare made him ever curious to know more about her, to know exactly what she was, but even with his limited social skills he knew it was not polite to outright ask such a question. He settled upon labeling her as interesting, someone to be followed up on and learned about when the opportunity arose. Surely they could become good friends, what with their shared companionship with the forest, and if she were here to join the Edge, he would likely be seeing more of her.

He settled his gaze upon her face once more, his smile returning before he spoke. “Have you come to join us, miss Fig? I am sure you would be most welcome.” He turned away from her slightly, stepping back onto the worn path and waiting for her reply. If she did wish to join them, he would lead her toward the heart of their land on the path. It would make the going easier for her as the trees leaned away from the narrow road and her branches would not get so tangled in amongst the arms of the forest. If she did not, however, he would help her in any other way he could.

"talk talk talk"

maybe i like
that i'm not alright
Image Credit
x

Messages In This Thread
RE: The ents go marching one by one (Joining) - by Murdock - 11-15-2014, 07:54 PM