the Rift

Kill Sorrow With Me

Levex Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
playful!

The cool evening breeze settled over the colts hide as he continued to stand there with his wings raised, and his head glancing up towards the heavens. There resided the moon in all it's glory. Levex allowed the soft sigh to escape from his lips once again as he shook his head. The moon was where the god resided, well at least that was what his young mind thought as he continued to muse about the purpose of his wings. Perhaps he was meant to fly up there and meet with the god? Perhaps these wings where a mark of his superiority like the shadow mother said? He wasn't certain, and he was almost positive that he would never find out the purpose of his wings without instruction.

'Levex?' He heard the soft lull of a feminine voice break though his musing. Was that the shadow mother coming back for him to scold him for leaving? The youngster quickly turned his head toward's the sound, confirming that that was indeed his name, as he responded to the feminine voice. Interest reflected in his weary gaze as his muzzle slowly dropped down towards the ground in defeat. The child was tired, hungry, cold, unsure, and wary of this stranger that called his name in recognition. This was not shadow mother.

So the young colt could only glance at her, and allow himself to stare as his sides heaved from exhaustion. His left wing flinched towards his left side as she approached. The skittish colt then crossed stepped away from her, his ears flicking back as his eyes rotated, flashing whites as he tried to keep her within his sight but at a distance. He did not know her. He did not trust her. But she smelt like...home, and mother, so this little snippet was enough to keep the exhausted child from fleeing off into the safety of the deadened forest.

But her next words captured a piece of his curiosity, and his memories. She was there when he was born? Levex took a wary step towards her, his lips pressing together in a thin panicked line as his ears slowly twisted towards her in interest. "You know my mother?" His broken voice strained against the silence as he grew even more curious than before. But that curiosity was replaced when a stallion also landed, making the frightened child flinch again and retreat back into himself.

Then again, his curiosity was captured once more. This was a stallion, and he had wings. Was this his daddy? Levex grew hopeful all at once as he teetered toward's the stallion, a soft but lonely nicker escaping his lips as he cautiously made his way towards him. This stallion didn't look like him, but he had wings. His childish mind didn't grasp the comprehension that just because he had wings didn't exactly make him his father, Levex would think so however until justly corrected.

He couldn't help but feel like this father of his was a tall man, perhaps he himself would grow just as tall as daddy Bucephalus here. The giddy hope though unfurled itself from his skinny frame and finally lit up his eyes. But father was now frowning. Why? This made the colt tilt his head, "Daddy, why do you frown?" He questioned with uncertainty.

But instantly he would swing his two toned eyes back toward's the mare. She knew his mother, and he found his father. Life seemed to be looking up since leaving the shadow mother.
made by AMB Tanz of Gangnam Style

Messages In This Thread
Kill Sorrow With Me - by Levex - 11-04-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: Kill Sorrow With Me - by Alysanne - 11-05-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: Kill Sorrow With Me - by Bucephalus - 11-05-2014, 09:59 PM
RE: Kill Sorrow With Me - by Levex - 11-06-2014, 12:29 AM
RE: Kill Sorrow With Me - by Bucephalus - 11-10-2014, 02:08 AM
RE: Kill Sorrow With Me - by Levex - 11-10-2014, 06:05 PM
RE: Kill Sorrow With Me - by Bucephalus - 11-10-2014, 06:38 PM
RE: Kill Sorrow With Me - by Aeolus - 11-10-2014, 07:32 PM
RE: Kill Sorrow With Me - by Levex - 11-10-2014, 07:52 PM
RE: Kill Sorrow With Me - by Bucephalus - 11-10-2014, 10:01 PM