Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA </style>
All your perspectives stand   
I'm not the same creature that I was back then    
With a slight touch and an honest glance   
I'm never coming back   
</style>

The way his voice so sternly defended his mother's honor was commendable, but the mare frowned softly, her gaze lowering to the sand. "Ask her yourself, if you doubt my words," she murmured in response. "There is no weaknesses in needing another to hold you when you are weak; instead, it shows that you are of this world, capable of faults, and more importantly, capable of overcoming them. Glory is not being handed greatness, but overcoming a flaw and claiming the title boldly." She spoke partly for the young colt and partly for herself. Ktulu had overcome her weakness, but Ophelia was still crippled in a way, unable to shake the power of her mind.

Selfishly the child claimed his mother with his words, saying that Ktulu never told him that she had a twin. "Oh yes, but the love for a sibling and the love for a son are two very different emotions. Nothing can ever separate the bond between you and she, Toto," Ophelia then watched as a smile graced his features, and she mused at the quick pace at which children managed to go through emotions. She was surprised that he remembered her name, and the mare grinned back at him with pride. "You are quick, Hototo, and very smart. Yes, my name is Ophelia."

Since when did colts exchange exploring for speaking to aunts? Ophelia was caught by surprise, and she curled her graceful forelegs beneath her body a little and hummed, watching his two-toned eyes with curiosity. He asked her how she was, and she mulled over that question with intensity. What an odd question to be asked with such a multitude of answers. "Struggling, she admitted with honesty. "I thought I was in love, but I realized that I was a fool to think that I would be worthy of such an emotion, especially from the individual I cared for. But, I do still care for him. I worry about his leg; it was injured, but I fear returning to make sure that he is all right."

Oddly enough, Ophelia felt more comfortable relating her heartache to this sharp, clever child than others, and so she did. "My mind is full of memories that I wish I could forget, and I wish that I was as special and strong as your mother."

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
the prince is a little off. [open] - by Hototo - 09-03-2012, 08:18 PM
RE: the prince is a little off. [open] - by Ophelia - 09-16-2012, 01:23 AM