the Rift

[OPEN] Those are new
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Comfortable silence had passed between herself and Torleik when he invited her into the Basin. But, what caught her eye this time were two, massive metal equids which stood firm against the blowing wind and snow. She looked up at the metallic beasts staring her down, and she mused that they did an excellent job at being impressive and menacing guardians of the narrow entrance. Fortunately, traveling with Torleik seemed to excuse her of their scrutiny, so she went inside the Aurora Basin for the first time.

All of their other dealings had occurred where the sentinels now stood, and she had never been allowed past until now. She looked around at the trees and marveled at the fact that down here, in the valley, the air was much warmer. Caves seemed to line the mountains, offering shelter and homes, and steam rising from water meant hot springs! Ophelia had not seen hot springs since she had met Osiris in the Boar Caves of her homeland. She had only been a baby then... So long ago...

For a brief moment, she parted from Torleik's company, choosing to regard her new "home" in all its detail. She still could not quite consider this place as hers, not when she knew who lived inside. Though she did not doubt the Bloodskald's clout within these borders, she had deeper history in Helovia that many here may not appreciate. Psyche was her aunt, but an enemy, Paladin, was her father. She had lead a band of mercenaries and left them to fight alone.

Not only that, but Tinek, the silver dragon who flew in her wake, was a tell-tale sign of her equine blood. Paladin had been paranoid, but Ophelia was not quite sure that the Basin was as welcoming as it proclaimed. Living among your kind was understandable, but was she their kind? Was the horn upon her brow enough? She and Deimos also had history from back when this herd used to live in the World's Edge, and she would never forget the feeling of her life leaking from her bones.

So many times, she had heard that "home was where the heart is", but her heart was broken, shattered. Pieces of it could be found in the lives of everyone who broke her heart. She belonged no where.

-----------------------------

Permission given to write in Torleik from redgod.
Anyone welcome!

Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
I Ain't Got Time To Bleed

A giggle arose from afar, and a pretty painted face lifts, a smile gracing her features as a snow touched child dances about her. They look alike, but the child is heavier than the warmblood mare. The child's bloodlines hinting at a spotted fresian who so happened to be famous in this land. Whispers fluttered through the air about some affair the child's mother had with this famous bachelor. Rumors spread. However only the mother and those who had witnessed the child's birth knew the truth about what happened on that beach on the summer day. Sialia had fallen into the same trap as the others, enchanted by his coat and his dead charm. But she was not fooled, however much she was charmed by this man. The others had fallen into the delusion of love as well. That delusion that this wandering stag loved them as much as they loved him. Sialia did not fall into such a delusion. She did not love. Well, she didn't love him. Those dark eyes fall upon the child of passions in warmth and love, whilst they turn towards others in cold indifference.

"Mother! Look it's a white lady!!" Dark eyes turn from the child, and the mother looks in which the direction the child is looking. Brows raise at the white woman, and my two toned muzzle moves to nudge my daughter in the direction. "Let us go meet her then, Glacia..." I smile at the child, and we move forward towards the white figure. My silken voice echos towards the white and red colored mare. "Hello! I am Sialia, and this is my daughter Glacia!" I smile to the woman kindly, as Glacia prances excitedly. "What is your name ma'am?"

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Ophelia]
Words;; 303 words
Notes;; I thought I would just throw these lady's in here <3

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!
Ascended Helovian

The pale princess saw a black mare who looked quite a bit like Psyche, her aunt, approach. Quickly, she saw the difference in appearance. This one was flanked by a child and sorted blue markings instead of socks which were fitting and lovely. The strange, dual toned mare glanced down at the child, musing that with her build, she was like an inversion of Mauja. In fact, the more she looked, the more she could see Mauja in this child's face. Given that she had an eidetic memory, she compared her last visual of Mauja's pale and dark spotted visage to this one and could see similarities. Perhaps this was a coincidence, but...

Ophelia quickly glanced back up, wondering about this one. Had she known Mauja then? Had Mauja left herself but not this other mare? Her heart had long ago broken for that, but the unresolved anger was still there. She wanted to yell, shout and cry for being left again, when he knew. But, she supposed she got him back, hadn't she? He had sent the see-through, glass mare to get her, and she had turned that entire offer down.

"Glacia..." She mused. Fitting for an ice princess, daughter of a Frostheart?

She shouldn't assume, but her heart nagged at her that this was true. Hadn't she known that Sno was his too? Ophelia smiled pleasantly despite her suspicions, and she shrugged the self-doubt and pain. She was not alone anymore, not with Torleik having brought her here. And she had hope. "Hello Sialia and Glacia," she said, regarding the child as an adult. She was not one to talk down to offspring.

"My name is Ophelia the Forsaken, and I am pleased to meet the both of you." Her voice was like chimes, soft and soothing, a sharp contrast to the blood red of her hair and the dangerous glint in her two toned eyes. The temptation to ask about the father was great, but she withheld. If she truly wanted to know, she could just look into this one's mind...

Tinek held her back though, urging her to do the right think. The massive, silver dragon land on her back softly, smiling a toothy smile at the child. He was as big as he was going to get, adult, and rather intelligent for such a passionate creature. Ophelia wondered how welcome he would be here. She had a horn on her brow, sure, but Tinek was the prime example of equine blood and power.

@[Sialia]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

Nessie

The woman is beautiful, so light. Yet blood red stained her beautiful white mane and tail. One crimson eye watches us, the other an icy blue. I smile kindly to this woman as she greets us, and she greets my daughter like an adult. I like that she doesn't treat Glacia like a child, but addresses her as an equal. Royal blues glance down at my child a smile upon the delicate black and white features before returning to look at this woman.

"My name is Ophelia the Forsaken, and I am pleased to meet the both of you." My head dips down, as I catch her words. The Forsaken? Another legend title I suppose. Just like the Gilded Blade, or the Blookskald. Speaking of the Blooskald. I had not seen hide nor hair of him. The handsome brute seemed to disappear, Yet I knew him to still be around, as often enough I catch his scent. Blue eyes return the the white woman, my two toned muzzle crinkling into a smile then moving to form words. "As are we, Ophelia."

The child at my side smiles politely, but her attention is taken by the silver dragon upon Ophelia's back. The child smiles at the white lady. "You're friend is very beautiful Ophelia." Glacia says, wanting nothing more than to go closer to the silver dragon, but stands still near her mother of respect of this new persons space.

I smile at my daughter. Indeed the silver dragon was beautiful, but I wonder why this woman was here. "You are a new arrival I suppose Ophelia?" I ask, the sides of my mouth crinkling softly. "I will say, do not trust all you meet here... Not to badmouth the Basin, but many are scoundrels, and dangerous." I say softly, watching the white and red mare. Surely if she had a legend title however she would know of the dangers in this land.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Ophelia]
Words;; 339 words
Notes;; Sorry, this is kinda awful. X.x

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

Ladies...

Torleik had ushered Ophelia to the borders of the Basin and walked her past the Sentinels, then gone on ahead to ensure there would be no...snags...upon her entry. It was with mild surprise when he saw a mare he recognized from the Threshold with a filly he did not, greeting his woman.

No. Not your woman. Do not be that fool again, Torleik, he chided himself, though his heart beat with a dull ache that longed to be fulfilled. Was the empty space in his soul Ophelia-shaped, or was it just another farce, another game for him to lose? Schooling his face into a calm mask, the Bloodskald approached and nodded to all females. "Ladies," he stated in a low rumble. "Sialia, I don't believe I have met your daughter." His gaze dipped to the small one kindly, a soft smile lilting his lips. Glacial eyes couldn't stay off Ophelia for long and he returned his attention to her, looking her over as Sialia stated the Basin was...tricky.

"Mhm," he responded, the noise an agreeing laugh. "I fear Ophelia knows more of the Basin than you or I combined. I am sure she will be quite capable." Torleik's words were not meant to speak for her, only to praise her in the presence of another in properly respectful fashion.

@[Ophelia]
@[Sialia]

"talk talk talk"

Art by araxel @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia was used to children being infatuated with Tinek. Even though it was years ago, it seemed like yesterday that she was playing with Comadre in the caves, the black dragon Osiris. She held those memories fondly, even if he did end up hurting her more than he realized. The child complimented Tinek, and she relayed the message in her mind. He warmed at the child's words and hopped down from her back, approaching slowly. In his experience, unicorns were rarely so welcoming of dragons. Then again, a pegasus had tried to kill his bondmate that day...

"Thank you," she returned. "His name is Tinek." Ophelia's gaze struggled to leave the child's face, mentally comparing her to Mauja. If not for the spots, she might not have given the babe a second glance. Obviously, they did not carry from her mother's blood, since she was smooth, black and clean.

The welcome words of Sialia made her smile. Oh, she knew of the dangers. Torleik had arrived then, much to her surprise, greeting the pair warmly. She smiled up at the larger stallion, even though she was not small herself. He spoke on her behalf, praising her knowledge even though he knew that she thought she was useless now. The act of kindness warmed her, and she nodded once to Sialia. She could not be so honest to these strangers. To them, she had to be powerful, strong and mysterious. She had to be both the seeker and keeper of secrets.

"Psyche, your former leader, was my aunt," she said quietly. "Then, I served a band of mercenaries with my twin sister as a spy. I have taken leave since then, and during the darkness, the Foothills has been devoured by waterfalls. But, I am aware enough of a few in here... aware enough to know who to watch more carefully that others." Ophelia winked, glancing down at the child with a smirk. "Being afraid is of no use. You just have to be more clever, more watchful - then there is nothing to worry about."

Deimos had tried to kill her once. Now, she was armed with a little more ammunition. Not even the great Reaper could live without secrets that she could pry from his mind like a pearl from a clam. Everyone had a weakness. She glanced over at Torleik. Perhaps... perhaps her weakness was a strength.

@[Sialia]

Nessie

"Thank you," Ophelia says the my daughter, before continuing on giving the dragons name. Tinek, was what he was called. He had jumped down from his bonded's back now, and Glacia was slowly inching forward to meet him. But it seems we had a new arrival. Torleik appeared, moving from an opposite direction. His rumbling voice echoed, "Ladies," He says before looking to my daughter. "Sialia, I don't believe I have met your daughter." I stretch up proud of my beautiful child, not ashamed of her being made out of passion not love. She was my light, and she would remain so for the rest of my days. "Torleik... It has been sometime. Her name is Glacia." My daughters head lifts at the mention of her name, looking to the stranger who had appeared. A smile alights her face as she ducks her head to him before returning to looking at the silver dragon.

The Bloodskalds eyes however, did not linger long. They where soon on the newest edition to the herd. Ophelia. His eyes remain on her, until I have said my piece. From which he speaks for the Forsaken. "Mhm," He agrees with me, and a soft laugh escapes him. "I fear Ophelia knows more of the Basin than you or I combined. I am sure she will be quite capable." The words are praising, and I smile, before looking over at Ophelia, my dark blues fixed on her as she too speaks in response to Torleik's words.

"Psyche, your former leader, was my aunt," Her voice is quiet. Psyche. I have heard the name on whispered winds, yet I do not yet know that story. Wait, I know some of it. She ruled next to Mauja. Glacia's father. My eyes flicker to my daughter for a moment, then they return to the two toned eyes of Ophelia. "Then, I served a band of mercenaries with my twin sister as a spy. I have taken leave since then, and during the darkness, the Foothills has been devoured by waterfalls. But, I am aware enough of a few in here... aware enough to know who to watch more carefully that others." I smile. Good. Torleik hadn't brought a whimpering whelp into the Basin. This was no place for those who couldn't stand there ground. The woman winks, before looking down at my child, who looks up at the red and white woman. "Being afraid is of no use. You just have to be more clever, more watchful - then there is nothing to worry about." My daughters head cocks to the side, before a unique shy smile crossed her features. I glance back up at the white woman, a warm smile crossing my own features. I liked this woman, I also liked how she treated my daughter. Not like a child, but as an adult, perfectly capable of conversations as well. I nod my head to Ophelia. "I see..." I respond, pondering what I should say next. "In that case, I welcome you warmly, despite the cold. Should you need anything, be it help against the ruffians, or just a chat, let me know." Dark blues look to Torleik. "Now that Glacia is born, I would like to do some form of training. " I glance quickly at Ophelia, and smile parting my kissers. "Whenever it is convenient for you of course." They leave both the Bloodskald and the Forsaken, and look down at her daughter, her nose dipping to touch her flank.

The child lifts her head, giving each a nod and smile. "It was lovely to meet you Ophelia, and Tinek. Of course, it was lovely to meet you to Torleik." She moves, close to her mother, looking at the two and there companions. "I would stay longer, but there are things that I and Glacia must do. Good day." We slowly turn, moving to leave the couple behind.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Torleik] @[Ophelia]
Words;; 693 words
Notes;; I hope you don't mind them taking off. Sialia wasn't exactly sure what to say so XD

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

Listen twice as much as you speak

All attention remained on Ophelia as she explained some of her past and her connections to the Basin: Psyche was her aunt (he knew that from somewhere...right?), she had led a band of mercenaries, been a spy with her sister. Such an intriguing whirlwind of a life. Torleik found his own boring in comparison. He had only been here for a little over a year now, and his life up until losing his family had been rough, but much less...flashy, than Ophelia's. He'd been a warrior, a poet, a son, a valued member of the community.

They had fought battles, skirmishes, even two wars, but these political machinations were beyond him. Torleik had the mind for them, but not so much the fortitude. Lying sat ill with him and stealth's mantle fit awkwardly on his shoulders. He was much more adept at charging a problem head on and skewering it with his horns, or perhaps talking at it if the option was proffered.

A diplomat was something Torleik could try. A spy? He would fail so miserably the annals of history would immortalize it, and the generations to come would use his tale as a parable for knowing thyself.

It was amusing, really.

For now, the Bloodskald was content to let the ladies converse, though he did offer a smile to Sialia's daughter, Glacia. "Good morn, Glacia. A pleasure," he said warmly, politely. The mother-mare indicated she wished to begin training now and the general's spine straightened some as he gave her a professional nod. "Of course - such a path of action is wise. Seek me out when you wish to train and I will make time for it." He turned his attention to her daughter again and gave a slightly mischievous smile. "And perhaps I could teach you a few sneaky tricks, too. No one ever expects the young, pretty ones. Remember that," he chuckled.

The stallion dipped his head respectfully as the mother and daughter took their leave, wondering if anyone else was around to greet Ophelia or if the Basin was quiet and motionless as the freshly snow-blanketed ground.

"talk talk talk"

@[Sialia]
@[Ophelia]

OOC: Tagging just in case. :)

Art by araxel @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!