the Rift

[OPEN] Those are new
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia was used to children being infatuated with Tinek. Even though it was years ago, it seemed like yesterday that she was playing with Comadre in the caves, the black dragon Osiris. She held those memories fondly, even if he did end up hurting her more than he realized. The child complimented Tinek, and she relayed the message in her mind. He warmed at the child's words and hopped down from her back, approaching slowly. In his experience, unicorns were rarely so welcoming of dragons. Then again, a pegasus had tried to kill his bondmate that day...

"Thank you," she returned. "His name is Tinek." Ophelia's gaze struggled to leave the child's face, mentally comparing her to Mauja. If not for the spots, she might not have given the babe a second glance. Obviously, they did not carry from her mother's blood, since she was smooth, black and clean.

The welcome words of Sialia made her smile. Oh, she knew of the dangers. Torleik had arrived then, much to her surprise, greeting the pair warmly. She smiled up at the larger stallion, even though she was not small herself. He spoke on her behalf, praising her knowledge even though he knew that she thought she was useless now. The act of kindness warmed her, and she nodded once to Sialia. She could not be so honest to these strangers. To them, she had to be powerful, strong and mysterious. She had to be both the seeker and keeper of secrets.

"Psyche, your former leader, was my aunt," she said quietly. "Then, I served a band of mercenaries with my twin sister as a spy. I have taken leave since then, and during the darkness, the Foothills has been devoured by waterfalls. But, I am aware enough of a few in here... aware enough to know who to watch more carefully that others." Ophelia winked, glancing down at the child with a smirk. "Being afraid is of no use. You just have to be more clever, more watchful - then there is nothing to worry about."

Deimos had tried to kill her once. Now, she was armed with a little more ammunition. Not even the great Reaper could live without secrets that she could pry from his mind like a pearl from a clam. Everyone had a weakness. She glanced over at Torleik. Perhaps... perhaps her weakness was a strength.

@[Sialia]

Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Those are new - by Ophelia - 11-07-2014, 04:08 PM
RE: Those are new - by Sialia - 11-07-2014, 10:47 PM
RE: Those are new - by Ophelia - 11-10-2014, 04:48 PM
RE: Those are new - by Sialia - 11-10-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: Those are new - by Torleik - 11-14-2014, 07:45 PM
RE: Those are new - by Ophelia - 11-16-2014, 11:42 AM
RE: Those are new - by Sialia - 11-24-2014, 02:23 PM
RE: Those are new - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 10:05 PM