the Rift

[OPEN] Those are new

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

Listen twice as much as you speak

All attention remained on Ophelia as she explained some of her past and her connections to the Basin: Psyche was her aunt (he knew that from somewhere...right?), she had led a band of mercenaries, been a spy with her sister. Such an intriguing whirlwind of a life. Torleik found his own boring in comparison. He had only been here for a little over a year now, and his life up until losing his family had been rough, but much less...flashy, than Ophelia's. He'd been a warrior, a poet, a son, a valued member of the community.

They had fought battles, skirmishes, even two wars, but these political machinations were beyond him. Torleik had the mind for them, but not so much the fortitude. Lying sat ill with him and stealth's mantle fit awkwardly on his shoulders. He was much more adept at charging a problem head on and skewering it with his horns, or perhaps talking at it if the option was proffered.

A diplomat was something Torleik could try. A spy? He would fail so miserably the annals of history would immortalize it, and the generations to come would use his tale as a parable for knowing thyself.

It was amusing, really.

For now, the Bloodskald was content to let the ladies converse, though he did offer a smile to Sialia's daughter, Glacia. "Good morn, Glacia. A pleasure," he said warmly, politely. The mother-mare indicated she wished to begin training now and the general's spine straightened some as he gave her a professional nod. "Of course - such a path of action is wise. Seek me out when you wish to train and I will make time for it." He turned his attention to her daughter again and gave a slightly mischievous smile. "And perhaps I could teach you a few sneaky tricks, too. No one ever expects the young, pretty ones. Remember that," he chuckled.

The stallion dipped his head respectfully as the mother and daughter took their leave, wondering if anyone else was around to greet Ophelia or if the Basin was quiet and motionless as the freshly snow-blanketed ground.

"talk talk talk"

@[Sialia]
@[Ophelia]

OOC: Tagging just in case. :)

Art by araxel @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Those are new - by Ophelia - 11-07-2014, 04:08 PM
RE: Those are new - by Sialia - 11-07-2014, 10:47 PM