the Rift

Breathing In Stars and Wishing on Fireflies

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Rei
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

A smile lit the mare's face as he spoke of the Sun God.

I wouldn't dream of following the other gods. Not that I have met all of the other ones, but I have been told that I have a sunny disposition and could I have asked for a more appropriate match? A chuckle slipped past her lips at her own pun. It was a shame that it had only been a thought. Why hadn't she said that one out loud? Eyeballing Midas she considered slipping it in somehow. What is the point in such a great line if only I get to laugh at it? Despite her thoughts Rei adored The God of the Sun because she saw some of what she wanted to be in him. She liked to think of herself as being tough but that could be chalked up to a whole lot of thinking.

Rei shivered at his words. Instinctively she wanted to shrink away, but instead she brought an image of the God of the Sun to mind and pulled strength from it.

"The Gods will find a way!" Rei thought of her fiery god and knew that if no one else could get results he could. "I suppose that we will just have to stay alert and keep faith in their abilities." Not that she wanted to sit back and do nothing, "And we will help them in every way that we can."

Her head went up into the clouds with grand imaginings. She could be part of the heroic tales that got passed down generations! All too soon guilt brought her sinking back down to firm ground as she realized that she was fantasizing about events that had brought death upon Helovia.

Seeing the warmth fade from Midas' expression left Rei feeling cold. In her bones she felt that the land was careening towards a state of turmoil and it scared her. Although she dreamed of being a hero, a brave protector of Helovia, there was a cruel whispering doubt that questioned her abilities. Tossing her head as if freeing herself from the terrible thing Rei remembered the lessons her father had taught her about what made a true hero. During her time in Helovia the freckled pegasus had met many that could be classified as heroes. If they were capable then she could be also.

"We should be worried with what may come. I do not doubt that." Rei pulled herself up to her full height, "But this is Helovia. Any 'plague' that comes to our lands should be more concerned with what it will come to face."

Credits: Thank you Shady and Tamme!
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breathing In Stars and Wishing on Fireflies - by Rei - 12-08-2014, 12:20 AM