the Rift

Breathing In Stars and Wishing on Fireflies
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

There are no hero's in Helovia. There were only those who died, their names fading from memory after the generation had passed, and those who were yet to die. Even as we all passionately scrapped and cawed at the door of immortally, the eternal end was a blanket we couldn't avoid. All must pass through the black tunnel of death. Pass the all seeing eye.

She is quick to boast a defense for our home, saying that tis the darkness who should be concerned, nar, I disagree. What does a beast of carnage fear? Perhaps the sickness is our own doing, the price for our magic. It might also be the reflection of our selfish souls; which would explain why we can't overcome it. Mortals are nothing but fleshy prey to whatever evil haunts this land. Nar, we aren't powerful enough to even cure our own madness; we are pale, overshadowed by our foolish naivety. Bold aye, courageous a times, but no stronger than a suckling still attached to his ma's tit.

"At what cost," I whisper, shaking my head, "We fight, but at what cost does victory come? Have not the gods seen use bolstered?" Crown sways, "Without them we'd be lost." How many have died in a fight against whatever bleakness infects this land? Yar, great ones have mercy on us, our pride makes most blind to truth. It is the patrons of our world that ensure our offspring will carry on, but to what world will we leave them?
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breathing In Stars and Wishing on Fireflies - by Midas - 12-18-2014, 10:29 PM