the Rift

[OPEN] Sticks And Stones

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
Something I had said struck a nerve it the stallion, and as he backed away to let himself try to cool off, I matched his gaze. My crown lifted and chin tucked close to my body defensively, had one seen us it would look like quite the stand off. Nares flared with an impatient snort, still waiting for him to answer my question. 'What do you know?' Orbs narrowed slightly, sensing that his reaction meant that I was at least close to assuming correctly. While he began his snippy little rant, I stood stock still, muscles tensed and prepared for any signal to flee. I flinched slightly when his wings popped open as he yelled about his distaste for Helovians. "No, I don't know. That is why I ask." I hissed back, something I had not done in...Moving on. My head shook from side to side as claimed no one 'spoke with body.' "Then sing for yourself, dance for yourself, to hell with the rest of the world if that is what upsets you. Teach this world how to dance and sing, show them how important it is to you. If they don't listen, then do it for yourself."

Bucephalus had met many more than I had in Helovia, and perhaps he was right about his opinion of the lands and it's people. But it was not the only way to view the world. "No one here can possibly understand your story if you won't tell it. Don't assume that the rest of the world is ignorant and motionless just because others have never known what is familiar to you." I was not expecting the reaction I received, and for a moment I stared at the stallion blankly. Indeed, I had struck a cord with him. He took on a rather pathetic stance as he let his wings drop loosely, head hung low and peering up at me. Crimson eyes softened while tense muscles began to relax, beginning to see just how seriously this affected the stallion.

My sides heaved with a large sigh, shaking my head softly as I lowered my crown towards his. "I am sorry...While I wish I could do something to let you hear the songs again, I cannot. You have already accepted Dragon's Throat as your home, therefor Helovia is your home now as well. You told me that I could always change my path if I felt like it was not the right direction for me, that option still lies true for you as well. " Yes, if he was so unhappy with the 'silence' of this place, there was always the option he had of...Well, leaving. Nothing forced him to stay here.

My crown raised to a normal height and I turned away from the stallion to look out at the desert around us. Throughout our argument, the sun had continued to lower without me even realizing. The golden orb now lingered just touched the horizon, the last few minutes of daylight kissing the sands goodnight. Looks like I had unintentionally stayed until the night after all..."Just as I have much to see of the desert, there is much for you to hear if you try. Show me the desert, show me what you see...And I will try and help you to hear the music of nature as I always have. It won't be the same," I whispered softly, turning my crown to look at him again. "But maybe it will help."

Tag: @[Bucephalus]
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Messages In This Thread
Sticks And Stones - by Bucephalus - 11-10-2014, 12:41 AM
RE: Sticks And Stones - by Morrigan - 11-10-2014, 01:04 AM
RE: Sticks And Stones - by Bucephalus - 11-10-2014, 01:33 AM
RE: Sticks And Stones - by Morrigan - 11-10-2014, 02:07 AM
RE: Sticks And Stones - by Bucephalus - 11-10-2014, 02:17 AM
RE: Sticks And Stones - by Morrigan - 11-10-2014, 02:56 AM
RE: Sticks And Stones - by Bucephalus - 11-10-2014, 02:16 PM
RE: Sticks And Stones - by Morrigan - 11-10-2014, 03:54 PM
RE: Sticks And Stones - by Bucephalus - 11-10-2014, 04:44 PM
RE: Sticks And Stones - by Morrigan - 11-10-2014, 08:23 PM
RE: Sticks And Stones - by Bucephalus - 11-10-2014, 09:39 PM