the Rift

[OPEN] Baby, it's cold outside.

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
Essetia was young and still influenced by childish desires. The Sleuth was certainly not yet distracted by fevers of the heart… for the fire of passion had not yet warmed her cheeks or burned her thoughts. Pleasant company was quite literally just that: pleasant company. She was ultimately unaware of Dröm’s assumptions but there existed only tender friendship between Caneo and the Gentle Heart’s daughter.

However, it was a fragile bond that the mare would see nurtured.

Essetia had returned to Helovia but had yet to settle fully… there were too many missing pieces and so many threads left unsewn. She was certainly not a lonely creature by any means, at least not with Romul to warm the bitter nights, but there was still much to be desired. Without having familial ties to rely on, she had sought refuge in the Falls. But the truth was still a heavy thing that awaited acknowledgment and reconciliation, taunting her from the back of her mind.

Though the mare nodded absently where appreciation was due, she didn’t take the time to absorb further conservation until Dröm mentioned the Hidden Falls. But wait… was Essetia not of similar allegiance? She had certainly never encountered the desert mare since arriving, but then again Essetia hadn’t taken much time to greet her fellow brothers and sisters. They did not share blood but they did share a family, and for that Essetia felt somewhat ashamed. She really had no idea who or what a storyteller was until that day.

The former child of the moon stepped forward with a slight smile, “I too am from the Falls,” she warmed. “Perhaps you’d like to show me some of your work at some point- as long as you’re not busy that is,” Essetia added compulsively. The desert girl had mentioned two different occupations… surely a creature of her stature would have little time to spare. Though Essetia would be thrilled at the opportunity to shadow her Storyteller for a day, she certainly didn’t want to press the mare if the idea displeased her.

But Dröm, true to Essetia’s perception of her, did not linger much longer. She allowed a quick parting farewell and turned to leave, but Essetia did not want her to leave on such a dissonant note, “I’m Essetia by the way! I’m your new Sleuth.

The words felt strange upon her tongue but at least the desert mare wouldn’t have to look far if she ever needed to find Essetia once again. Was it really that unusual for herd mates to be completely oblivious to one another?

Even though Essetia was now effectively distracted, she was still aware of Caneo at her side. He mentioned Dröm’s being mildly bizarre and she nodded in agreement even though she couldn’t quite understand why. However, the mare was lulled from speculation by another of Caneo’s injections-a question... or a suggestion? Did she have to go?Truly it came down to a matter of whether or not she should trail the desert one home… But it sounded an unsavory idea and so the Sleuth turned her pale eyes back to the boy, “I don’t have anywhere to be, but don’t let me keep you,” she offered hesitantly. “I look forward to visiting the Rotunda during the spring,” she added dreamily.

With a friend that is…

Romul had finally come to rest at Essetia’s hooves; his golden eyes were still alert but at least he was relaxed. It was a pleasant feeling… provided by pleasant company.
Credits!

@[Caneo]

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Messages In This Thread
Baby, it's cold outside. - by Caneo - 11-11-2014, 01:47 AM
RE: Baby, it's cold outside. - by Essetia - 11-11-2014, 03:00 AM
RE: Baby, it's cold outside. - by Dröm - 11-11-2014, 10:44 PM
RE: Baby, it's cold outside. - by Caneo - 11-12-2014, 04:38 AM
RE: Baby, it's cold outside. - by Essetia - 11-13-2014, 12:55 AM
RE: Baby, it's cold outside. - by Dröm - 11-18-2014, 12:36 AM