the Rift

[DROP] Gobbler Wars -- NS Common Companion

Erebos Posts: 474
Aurora Basin General atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 75.5 | Buff: DANCE
Orsino :: Plain Kitsune :: Dark Illusions & Enyo :: Common Griffon :: Draining Clutch Heather
EREBOS
His pride swelled as he watched the turkey consume his dish; his chest puffed, his crown rose, and he looked every bit the dashing, debonair prince from icy empires and frozen sovereigns, listening aptly to his next task. The blue lad’s ears twisted and turned, enticed by the last, remaining course, all flickering, fluttering, down into the sanctum of his thoughts: dessert, inspired by an influential creature in their lives. But how to choose one significant character, when so many brought him purpose, offered him wisdom, ushered forth sagacity, amiability, dominion, and prestige? The juvenile dignity muffled and sank as he tore through the crisscrossing sentiments, twisting and turning over various directions to pursue. His friends: Adelric, Tobias, Aithniel, or Rikyn? Could he represent their livelihoods, their musketeer embraces, their captivating adventures as they trod across high seas and low valleys? Or his tutor, the eerie, uncanny Zikar-Sin, with his glassy monocle and odd demeanor? The possibilities seemed endless and overwhelming, until his eyes glanced over his remaining ingredients, and the answer hit him squarely in the face.

His family - born from traces of death and water, cloaked and chased in Neptune vows and Hades’ armaments, his mother’s sweet, serene nature, her peaceful, loving embrace, his father’s demonic, potent power, his protective alms – it could be encased in perfection, laced in decadence. Ignited and emboldened, he slithered, not wishing to unravel his master plan to anyone nearby, back into a corner and relished his plan.

Erebos grabbed the peaches first, a representation of his mother: pure, wholesome, charitable and enchanting, and as he hollowed out the center of each one, he remembered her wondrous stories, her wayfaring tales, of fairies and blackguards, of ruffians and thieves. He recalled tomes of the past and hopes for the future, smiled as he imagined her warm voice floating amongst the caves. Once completed, he left them open for the next portion of his recipe.

One by one, he stomped upon the amaretti cookies he’d brought in (and weren’t they like Loth, sometimes amiable, sometimes enigmatic, hard on the outside, soft on the inside), pretending they were insignificant beings mauled and corroded by his pernicious schemes, and afterward, combined them with the sugar. Thereafter, they were added to the peach halves, coating over the fruit like a delicious glaze.

The finishing touch, however, would come with the chocolate. He grabbed the dark, bitter relish, considered his father as he worked by the hot coals of the heated caves, musing as he watched it bubble and boil in a searing haze. Chocolate, like the Reaper, was powerful, forceful, mighty, and had to be handled in just the right amount: he cherished the time and moments he spent with his deadly sire, witnessing him cast wicked invocations, guard their glacial realm, provide sanctuary and safeguarding to the icy walls. He wanted power too, capabilities, dominance…and it too would come in time. His grin folded away, his brows furrowed, and he carefully dabbled the ingredient across the top of the peaches and cookie crumbles. To plate them, he maneuvered them with a wry skill across a flat stone, and added more chocolate drizzle around the exterior.

The lithe scion returned quietly to the turkey, heaved a massive breath, and presented his dish, pride preserved all the more for the labor, for the thought, put into their finale. “Your dessert is chocolate-amaretti peaches.” He paused, fumbled for the right words to say, how to denote the feeling, the grand gestures, his lineage had bestowed upon him. His gaze rested upon the delicate peaches, the crumbled cookies, and the hard chocolate, until they followed the line of the gobbler’s stare, matching each note with honor and achievement. “It was inspired by my family. The peaches represent my mother, Huyana, who is sweet, kind, and wonderful. The chocolate symbolizes my father, Deimos the Reaper, who is powerful, strong, and enduring. The amaretti cookies are for my sister, Loth, who is mighty and delicate all at once. They have taught me so much in my young life, and I cannot thank them enough.” His grin returned, curled fondly into his youthful cheeks, and he stepped to the side, awaiting the result. He’d put his heart and soul into each creation, but the concluding touches had been his most ardent, fervent, and passionate.

[Additional ingredient brought in: amaretti cookies

Made: Chocolate-amaretti peaches: peaches are halved, amaretti cookie crumbles are placed across the half, and dark chocolate is layered on top. Chocolate drizzle also surrounds the food. The peaches represent his mother, Huyana, and the chocolate embodies his father, Deimos. The amaretti cookies symbolize his sister, Loth.

Thank you for leading this drop! It was a lot of fun! ^_^

Wishlist - Would like a Kitsune. No prior refusals.

Erebos will be bringing: mint, milk, sugar, flour, ginger, cinnamon, and peaches.]
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gobbler Wars -- NS Common Companion - by Erebos - 11-24-2014, 02:43 PM