the Rift

[OPEN] Mind Games (4)
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Tinek was showing off, unabashedly. He had always been the young one, unsure and awkward, but now he was growing into himself and into his heritage. He was a large dragon, powerful and intelligent - no longer the squirrely fish who wiggled incessantly and harassed Comadre. The powerful dragon then ignored his melting tree in order to grab the rock gift and sit next to his bondmate. It glowed, which was fascinating, and he looked up to see the feathered dragon closely curled on the other female's back.

The words, though heart felt, were weighted with depression. A dark cloud churned overhead, a rainstorm boiling over the one with whom she conversed. From the choice of the words, she was able to tell that somewhere, Kahlua cared deeply, but perhaps that was the problem. Ophelia could understand, and she nodded. Pity was unnecessary, but empathy she would give freely. Instead of comment, she waited, asking her question with gentle probing.

A disappointment? Those words skyrocketed from above, falling like death in the center of their palaver. Ophelia blinked in surprise, wondering why she could possibly feel like a disappointment. What had she done? Phi had abandoned her sister and her armies to fight alone in two battles - that was disappointment, but Kahlua? The song started on the musical instrument machine again, filling the air with a strange, tinny song, eerie almost...

Phi shook her head. No, she did not know exactly where she stood. Well, she knew exactly where she stood but not the historical or personal relevance. The nuance seemed irrelevant. A prison? Ophelia looked around, seeing nothing more than a beautiful forest, a place of protection - a home. Was this Kahlua confined then? By her own hand? Still, she listened, saying nothing.

Heartbreaks, she could understand all too well. Ophelia frowned, casting her gaze downward, an obvious sign that she had felt the emotions attached to Kahlua's explanation. She could still smell the salty, ocean air where Osiris had run, so tenderly, to the pegasus who lay on the sand. The pain of knowing that she would never earn affection that way... She did not deserve such honest love, she had decided. One with a heart so cold and personality so odd did not combine well with those possessing pure and honest hearts. She broke everything touched.

Even gods.

"If you keep giving, you will fall apart," she said, knowing that well enough from experience. "When I was... conflicted, as you seem to be, I went to the secret grove, thinking that my heart needed another to fulfill me. I met Hellena there, and she gave me wisdom that was... priceless." Ophelia looked up at Kahlua, hoping that she was receptive to the words she was going to speak.

"You have to make your own happiness with what you have and create a life that you are proud to live - one that honors the bond with your companion and honors yourself. I took those words to leave the Foothills and abandon my post of leadership. Though my actions were regrettable at the time and I should have stepped down more gracefully, I have been... better... since.". Well... in a way. Those issues had made way for a whole host of other problems.

"The only one you have to live for in this world is you. Give too much and you will be a shell." Ophelia rolled her shoulders in a shrugging motion, the expression of such deep emotion uncomfortable for the warrior spy.

"Anyone who demands differently can go to hell." The harsh words were shocking for the beautiful, temperate princess, but they were honest. Those emerged from the darkest, most pained bruise of her heart, the one that bitterly ached to matter what medicine she gave. Ophelia offered a wry, sad smile that barely turned up the corner of one side of her mouth.

"Come with me. Leave your post for others to manage and we can... explore. Live, for you." Ophelia had no idea where she would go, but there were nooks and crannies in Helovia that were beautiful. Certainly Kahlua had not yet seen them all?

Art by: equusamor @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Mind Games (4) - by Ophelia - 11-12-2014, 04:13 PM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Kahlua - 12-02-2014, 01:35 PM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Ophelia - 12-03-2014, 01:40 AM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Kahlua - 12-06-2014, 08:18 PM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Ophelia - 12-08-2014, 11:31 PM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Kahlua - 12-09-2014, 10:32 PM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Ophelia - 12-11-2014, 02:13 PM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Kahlua - 12-12-2014, 10:57 PM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Ophelia - 12-19-2014, 02:28 PM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Kahlua - 12-29-2014, 11:57 PM