the Rift

[OPEN] Mind Games (4)
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia wondered if her admission of "that sounds nice" was honest or not, but she didn't want to pry this time. She could not say that she had ever paid particular attention to the stones in that area, but her memories served her well. There were, indeed, colorful rocks all around the Heart of Helovia, and she wondered about this mare's creations. She shook her head. She had not been in the Seer's Cave in the Aurora Basin to see the blue-tinted scorpion. "No, I have not," she replied honestly. "I am sure they look lovely."

From the way she spoke, it was obvious that this mare was a born creator. Ophelia paused in her steps, waiting for Kahlua to go back to her basket. A tiny, whirring creature crawled up into her forelock. It smelled of metal and strange that she had never experienced before, but she reserved any words. Some things were better to be curious about. As they walked side by side, she listened to Kahlua speak.

The did not interrupt and weighed her words with heavy consideration before speaking again. Ophelia understood the feeling of being tethered by responsibility and unable to escape, especially being a lead. She nodded, trying to organize her thoughts and her feelings as they commingled. Finally, she thought that she had something useful to say.

"I was one the leader of the Foothills," she said, thinking. "Though the responsibility of leading so many lives was difficult and one that my sister and I argued on at times. I received some valuable advice then from Hellena, advice that I took to heart." She smiled softly.

"Hellena told me that if I could not be happy for myself, then I had to be happy for Tinek." The dragon chirped. "I learned that in order to do that, I had to give up my position and do something for myself. While I did not know how to balance then, I made my choice and I know that it was the right one." Ophelia looked up at the sky for a moment, watching Tinek bound between the trees.

"Obviously you care, but you have to care about yourself too. You have to make yourself happy, have to have freedom. If relationships are shackles, set yourself free. That, and you can delegate to your herd." She suggested. "If your herd falls apart because you are gone, that does not fall on you.

Art by: equusamor @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Mind Games (4) - by Ophelia - 11-12-2014, 04:13 PM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Kahlua - 12-02-2014, 01:35 PM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Ophelia - 12-03-2014, 01:40 AM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Kahlua - 12-06-2014, 08:18 PM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Ophelia - 12-08-2014, 11:31 PM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Kahlua - 12-09-2014, 10:32 PM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Ophelia - 12-11-2014, 02:13 PM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Kahlua - 12-12-2014, 10:57 PM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Ophelia - 12-19-2014, 02:28 PM
RE: Mind Games (4) - by Kahlua - 12-29-2014, 11:57 PM