the Rift

[PRIVATE] you can dance if you want to

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz
M U R D O C K

The warmth of her against his side was reassuring, far more reassuring than the cliffs of home or even the glittering stars that shone dimly through the dusk light. He rested gently against her, his wing holding her tightly against his side. He never wanted to let her go, he never wanted to have to say goodbye again or even “see you soon”, because any time spent apart from her was too long. She was the air he breathed and the light of day; far more special than any other coveted treasure on this planet.

It surprised him how deeply he felt for her, how intense his attachment had become when usually he simply drifted about, making friends with the trees and sharing fragments of conversation with the wind. Emotionally and mentally he could not be considered wholly stable, and yet there was nothing uncertain about his devotion to her. She was the only sure thing in this world and he would cling to that as if clinging to the last scrap of sanity within his reach.

There had been times when he thought she was his last hope in this world, but now he knew it. He would give his heart and soul for her happiness and nothing could drag him from her side. Now that the Basin no longer stood in their way, now that their prejudiced views were no longer a threat, there was nothing stopping him from making more frequent journeys to this Steppe they had always met upon. Apart from his duties, of course, but they did not ban him from spending a night away from the herdlands.

His gaze drifted away from the horizon as her soft voice reached his ears, pale green eyes settling upon her face. He pressed his muzzle into her mane as she spoke, sighing steam into the cold air. He was glad she was keeping busy, and thrilled that she was pursuing her interest in philosophy. How curious a creature she had seemed to him when first she had stood above him in the snow all those years ago. He had been new to Helovia, still naive and childish before experience had hardened his heart. She had captured him then and there, though neither of them knew it yet, but some unknown desire would repeatedly guide their paths to cross time and time again. She had mentioned her studies then, and he was pleased to hear she was still finding subjects to explore.

“That sounds very exciting indeed,” he murmured warmly against her neck, his lips curling into a half moon smile. He had never done much studying of anything himself, but he was fascinated by almost anything and everything around him. Questions constantly floated about in his head like clouds in the empty expanse of the sky, and though he rarely found answers to his inquiries, he was ever curious about the world around him. His grin broadened at her teasing words and he reached out to nudge her cheek affectionately. “Of course, my dear! I haven’t forgotten my promise. I look forward to it.”

He hoped the next time would be soon, that they would not have to wait until the heat of summer had melted most of the snow and turned the Steppe into a barren wasteland before they were able to meet again. Too often they had spent far too much time apart, and Murdock resented the ache in his heart that was born of her absence. How he longed to spend every waking moment by her side, but he could not simply give up his responsibilities to the Edge. He was not bound to them by contract, of course, but he was faithful to their numbers and could never abandon his family. However, perhaps a time would come at some point in their lives when they could be together and every morning and every night he could look at her and know he was not alone.

"talk talk talk"

maybe i like
that i'm not alright
Image Credit

(Sorry for the delay <3) @[Chernobyl]
x

Messages In This Thread
you can dance if you want to - by Chernobyl - 11-12-2014, 06:42 PM
RE: you can dance if you want to - by Murdock - 11-12-2014, 07:23 PM
RE: you can dance if you want to - by Chernobyl - 11-12-2014, 09:52 PM
RE: you can dance if you want to - by Murdock - 11-15-2014, 04:17 PM
RE: you can dance if you want to - by Chernobyl - 11-17-2014, 02:11 PM