the Rift

[OPEN] Foment

Phantom Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

P H A N T O M

"Like Giselle and Psyche." Phantom knew her sisters well enough to know that they believed in the Crimson King's beliefs as if it were the only gospel they'd ever heard in their lives. Like his words were the only life raft he offered them to keep them afloat in his sea of hatred, violence, and blood. Any who didn't cling to his teachings and worship his words were beaten, murdered, their bodies tossed aside to be made an example of any who opposed him or questioned him. He brandished fear as if it were a mighty sword and thrust the blade into the hearts of those that opposed him, be it his lovers or his children.

"I am not Giselle and I am not Psyche." She replied. "I like to believe I have more mental power than to allow myself to be defined by my lineage alone. Yes, I am Phantom, daughter of Riekahn the Crimson King, but I am no longer his pawn. I will no longer allow him to control me. My past may be steeped in seas of blood, but I will carve out a future for myself that is not drowning in it." Her gaze was steady as she looked to Ophelia, wondering if the mare was as different from Riekahn as she seemed to think she was.

A sigh passed Phantom's lips as Donovan's death was revealed to her. She had often told her older brother that he would be killed if he kept mindlessly going into battle and it seemed that she was right. "I see." Phantom said, schooling her expression to one of indifference. It was the same face she always wore when hearing of the death of a relative or friend. Her grief was private, her's alone, and would not be put on display for anyone else to see. Before she could ask of his funeral it was revealed that he had been given a proper one. No doubt by 'proper' the younger mare meant that his body had been burned. The knowledge was of little comfort, but at the very least his sacrifice had been honored.

Finally, the time came for Ophelia to officially welcome her into the Basin and Torleik to offer to show her around. "I can manage on my own, your assistance is not required." She nodded her head to both Torleik and Ophelia. "Thank you."

@[Ophelia]

Messages In This Thread
Foment - by Torleik - 11-14-2014, 09:59 PM
RE: Foment - by Phantom - 11-14-2014, 10:33 PM
RE: Foment - by Ophelia - 11-16-2014, 12:27 PM
RE: Foment - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 09:48 PM
RE: Foment - by Phantom - 11-29-2014, 12:16 AM
RE: Foment - by Ophelia - 11-30-2014, 07:55 PM
RE: Foment - by Torleik - 12-18-2014, 09:42 PM
RE: Foment - by Phantom - 12-23-2014, 01:54 PM
RE: Foment - by Ophelia - 12-31-2014, 12:34 PM