the Rift

[OPEN] Weight of the World [Welcoming]

Cetan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

“Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.”

Cetan had absolutely no clue what he was doing. Following this rot-winged pegasus rather than one of his own kind? Well, little late for regrets. Cetan stayed mostly silent during their trek, sidling up against Thor to block the wind from his smaller frame, although at even the faintest touch the young stallion shied away, ears flicking back. But always he returned by the giant's side, the protection twofold; predators would not directly attack the giant Thor(or so he hoped) and using him as a windbreaker helped him cope with the cold. He hated the cold.

More than content to walk in silence(for what was he to say?) Cetan perked his ears at Thor's question. Quite a bit of time passed before he answered, blue eyes focusing on the snow beneath his hooves. "I stumbled into Helovia. I was not aware that i was going into another place." He said, ears flicking back as he recalled the startling appearance of Thor. "I was chased from my herd last winter when the snow would not end. All the foals and elders were chased away." He said, shuddering both from cold and memory. Would this winter be just as long? Would he wind up joining this herd only to be chased away again?

Once again he fell silent, eagerness and dread warring with each step he took. But above all reigned resignation. Whatever his fate was, he'd accept it. He had survived winter alone once before, he believed himself capable of doing it again. As the sun settled low on the edge of the world(fitting considering what herd he was joining), something strange loomed on the horizon. Cetan blinked and lifted his previously low head, ears pricked before what the thing was became clear. A glass wall. Glass. The sight both startled and entranced the unicorn, and his footsteps stumbled in his moment of distraction. Catching himself before he could fall, he stopped beside Thor, gaze locked on the gleaming glass barrier. How solid was it? Was it as strong yet fragile as ice? What lay beyond? Cet's left ear cocked towards Thor, listening to his words. Then he blinked and tore his gaze from the wall to the giant pegasus, blue eyes wide. What did he think? For a second the question confused him. Then shocked him. None ever asked what went on in Cetan's mind, and he rarely shared it in fear of tooth and hoof.

Eyeing Thor for a moment, Cet slowly replied, although his body was leaning slightly away to bolt should the large stallion's teeth or hooves move towards Cetan's smaller body. "I think... it is beautiful." He said, waiting a few tense minutes before he gradually began to relax, only once he was positive Thor wasn't going to attack did he return his gaze to the wall. Thor spoke once more, and once again the small dapple was startled mentally, although with different emotions. Home... friend. Both such foreign words, that stirred a mix of longing and confusion within his chest. Which only heightened the confusion. "We are...friends?" He asked, glancing at Thor from the corner of his eyes, ear cocked towards him. There was both a tone of hope and caution in the small stallion's voice; too often had he been beaten to really believe any considered him 'friend'.

Oh, he knew what the word meant. He had seen fillies frolic together and talk about their friends, and seen colts that shared no blood bond close as brothers. He had been the observer, the silent watcher that turned the other cheek when the foals or stallions took out their angers and frustrations on him. In a way, he considered himself their friend. Rather than taking their negativity out on their own kin, he allowed them to settle their anger on him, and it made him almost... happy to do so. Anything they did that allowed Cetan to be a part of their lives made him happy, whether it was 'go do this or else' or being their punching bag. It just meant that they knew he existed, and meant he would be a part of their world, of the herd's, even if it was for a flicker of a minute in their lives.

(OOC: WHAT IS THIS WITCHCRAFT. Much long post. Thor, i blame you 8I)

Word Count:709 Tags:@[Thor]

Please tag Cetan in all posts.
Any force is allowed against Cetan short of killing him.

Messages In This Thread
Weight of the World [Welcoming] - by Thor - 11-15-2014, 09:55 PM
RE: Weight of the World [Welcoming] - by Cetan - 11-16-2014, 10:12 AM
RE: Weight of the World [Welcoming] - by Thor - 11-16-2014, 11:44 PM
RE: Weight of the World [Welcoming] - by Cetan - 11-17-2014, 05:30 PM
RE: Weight of the World [Welcoming] - by Thor - 11-19-2014, 12:50 AM
RE: Weight of the World [Welcoming] - by Cetan - 11-19-2014, 01:22 AM
RE: Weight of the World [Welcoming] - by Thor - 11-21-2014, 05:16 PM