the Rift

Warriors convene!

Ázzuen the Ardent Posts: 94
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8
Whit

The time had come.

The ranks of Soldier had been filling, and this caused great rivers of pleasure to flow through the General's veins. But with the increase in numbers, came the inevitable increase in unfamiliar faces. Azzuen tried to keep track of them, he knew their names, but only through conversations with others - he had actually met very few of his own warriors. This had to change. There was war on the horizon.

The war. Azzuen sighed. It was not a war he was overly enthusiastic about, he had to admit. But the shadowy group, the Qian, had aided them in their time of need, and so the Throat would not hesitate to place their necks on the line in return. They were a herd built on trust and loyalties; to refuse their aid now would be to refuse their very foundations!

A deep, rolling, thunderous call echoed over the desert lands. The General stood by the Dragon's Blood tree, where his charred form stood out alongside the strange, umbrella shaped plant. His call would travel throughout the rocky tunnels and upwards into the skies - all who needed to hear it, would hear this call. Even his daughter, who was not yet old enough to be a warrior, arrived swiftly, landing before him in a flurry of wings.

Today, they would convene, familiarise themselves with each other, and finally, train. Azzuen had been thinking about training for his warriors. He encouraged spars to test their skills, but also knew of many general fitness exercises that were common sense yet not commonly practised. He nodded to himself, before smiling a small smile to his daughter.

"Come, Soldiers of the Throat! Meet your fellows, learn who you fight with! The time approaches when we will be asked to put our skills to the test! Let us gather now and become a force to be reckoned with!"

[ For all Soldiers, and Kri, and anyone else of the Throat who would like to ICly learn some exercises and training techniques to get their characters fit! ]

Jaydan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Blue wings swirl in red dust as Jaydan arrives before his general, not long after the call had come. He'd already been searching for the dark stallion, his patrol shift at an end with nothing new to report, as always.

Jaydan nods, his horn dipping and causing his trinket to bob against the smooth arch, as he settles near the general and child. "All is fine on patrol," Jaydan responds flatly.

He does not mind patrols, they give him something to do, something to occupy his all too large amounts of thinking time. Still, they are not busy enough and too often the thoughts come as he flies, harassing him no matter his swiftness. Thusly Azzuen's words bring a new light to the blue's eyes. He turns his head, confusion plain as he tries to phrase his mind accordingly. "What time? What comes?"

There is a touch of excitement to the warrior.
In his time at Salka they fought because they had to. Every time they flew to battle he and Luin had hated it, but they were always promised peace, and that's what they bled for.

Perhaps just a smidge however, deep down, Jaydan had enjoyed it. Cysaro had told him to take his sorrow, make it anger, and use it to fight. Jaydan had never fought much on anger or even sadness. He'd always fought for hope. This time though, maybe he'd try the crow's suggestion, what could it hurt?

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

"Come, Soldiers of the Throat! Meet your fellows, learn who you fight with! The time approaches when we will be asked to put our skills to the test! Let us gather now and become a force to be reckoned with!"

Azzoen’s call rang within flicked ears, taking no pity in stopping idle thinking in its tracks. Midas could have heard his General from across the whole of the desert and beyond to the sea; his birthsake in this herd permitted a certain trust and loyalty toward his home. He was as always near boarder and today wasn’t any different. Hot sides twisted, feathered appendages opened to greet a cloudy afternoon sky. It was much cooler than usual, mostly due to a thick layer of grey blocking their sun. Ivory lace spread, coal kissed limbs jerked body forward into a trot, then canter. The pull of wind pushed against him for only a moment before accepting his attempts and raising a lightened bulk toward the heavens.

He traveled comfortably but with swift intent. Hooves struck warmed air seeking to draw him across the sky without assistance of wings. Before long the darkened sight of his general and the blood tree came into view. Another had arrived before him. He had remembered in passing who the other lad was.

Midas tipped forward and landed a short distance away, glancing around with orbs searching for others; it seemed he was the second to arrive this day. More would come, their essence trailed through flaring nostrils. Wings drifted closer together until both were snugly resting across his heaving sides. Skull bobbed down in respect, limbs trotted his sleek body closer with lips widening to offer first greeting, “My general,” reverence and respect slathered his tone without the need of practice, golden pits turned to regard the blue tinted lad with head nodding once in greeting and a smile widening lips, “How fairs you Azzuen, and Jaydan?” He silently hoped that the name would fit the stud. He found respect for both, but words of such nature wouldn’t ever pass between his jaws, instead he proved loyalty and love for his herd and general by protecting them, showing trustworthiness and remaining faithful.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

A clear warrior's calling rang through the Throat. Leander had been wandering here and there since his recruitment into the herd, and yet he had still met very few of his new herd-mates, aside from Kiva. It was an unsettling fact, and one that he was eager to change. His inquisitive mind needed to learn everything it could about the Dragon's Throat, before he could truly commit his sole allegiance. He was the kind whose loyalty needed to be warranted.

The stallion's burly form sped into a trot towards the source of the call. Massive ochre wings ruffled comfortably at his sides, enjoying some respite from the traveling he'd recently done. As his flaxen mass approached the ancient tree, which had drawn him to the Throat in the first place, he spotted the owner of the voice. An ebony pegasus stood by the great reddened tree. 'Ah, so you are my general?' A cynical look tensed his brow. Bronze pools flashed to another couple pegasus standing near to their superior. Heavy limbs slowed into a walk towards the three. "Hello. You must be the general here." Deep tones rose from his throat, as his noble crest dipped courteously. "I am Leander, a new soldier to the Throat." A small smile crooked his lips at the ironic phrase. The scars adorning his pelt laughed at his self-description as a new soldier. "Would you mind bringing me up to speed on things around here? I'd like to be well informed before I am to spill blood." Leander's critical gaze remained on the blacked brute, hiding little. He was usually skeptical of those in positions of power, and better that this general knew that his warriors had minds of their own.

Andash Posts: N/A
Unregistered

andash</style>
the beautiful is always strange.</style>

Since being gifted with his magnificent new wing, he had been practicing to stretch and manoeuvre them, attempting to strengthen up his muscles. Still unable for flight, when the call came from the familiar brute, Azzuen, he had gently grabbed Cenny, his bonded. Nestled in the warmth of his feathers he quickened up the pace to meet the cry of the General, swiftly crossing the warm sands of the desert. He focused in on the distance to see a small band of the herd members, pretty much all he did not recognised. They were placed by the great Tree. Slowing down as he came in closer, he soon navigated his way to the other creatures at a gentle walk.

Dipping his head first to Azzuen, he greeted him,
"Hello Azzuen, a fine day." Smiling warmly to the dark brute, he soon turned his attentions on the others that were there. Three stood with his friend, all of whom he had no recollection of meeting before. All with wings, more or less. The brutes were a dark splashed, one a pale golden and the other some concoction of a hybrid. He was an odd one of the brute's pools, as he witnessed that it carried bird features. But shrugging off these, he simply took it to be another pegasus that had come to the call of Azzuen.

It had been anticipated that a war would come. But Andash knew that he was not particularly happy to be involved in one. However, giving the circumstances of finding a new home within the Dragon's Throat, he had soon come to adore everything about his homeland, he was willing to lay his life on the line for it; including for the vixen that he knew was winning his heart. Shaking away such hopeless things, he decided it was not the necessary time to dwell on such matters. To his initial calling, the frosted brute inquired to Azzuen, "My friend, are we inclined to know the cause of why we fight?" he continued, not caring that the others could hear, "I'm afraid my flight skills are still very juvenile, but I will still fight to the death and will gladly attempt flight for the cause."

"To be second is to be the first of the ones that lose."

image by seyed mostafa zamani @ flickr.com</style>

Deceased
Whit

Slowly, they came to his call.

It was good to see familiar faces mingled in with some new ones. Azzuen nodded his crown and greeted them all with a deep nicker as they arrived. He waited until they all settled, taking on their questions of impending war with an extra understanding, knowing nod. He knew the important of yearning their trust, their respect, their loyalty. He knew, and he hoped he could live up to their hopes of a strong General. He would give them answers, just as soon as they all arrived and settled.

"Thank you for coming, my warriors." He had hoped more would arrive, but figured more may come as the morning wore on. He was not about to force anyone to fight in a war that was not their own, but he knew that he would indeed be fighting.

"A herd, separate from the Throat, are our allies. They call themselves the Qian. They aided us in securing these very sands to call our own." He began, ensuring that he had everyone's attention as he spoke, including his daughters, who stood close by. Though she would be allowed to fight in this battle, she was eager to learn everything she could anyway. "The time has come where they are seeking a homeland, and have requested our strength to help bulk up their own warriors ranks. I will be serving our herd's honour and returning the favour they showed to us in our time of need."

Azzuen looked to his soldiers, each of them a fine athlete. "I will not force you to fight, but I would certainly feel more comfortable having the familiar faces of my brethren on the battlefield." It was a subtle way of asking for their assistance, and he did truly hope that they would seriously consider the weight of his words before deciding, whichever way they did decide.

He waited what they might say, before thinking over the exercises and physical training he would be putting their bodies through in preparation for this. Even those choosing not to fight would be expected to participate.

[ For others who did not get a chance to post but still want to, feel free to post and respond to Azz's words. ^^ In the next post I make, Azz will begin 'personal training' everyone. ]

Jaydan Posts: N/A
Unregistered

The arrival of another soon came after Jaydan's landing. He flicked his ears back in acknowledgement of the fellow warrior, but Jaydan was intent upon their general. Questions burned on his tongue but he swallowed them down, happy to just get answers to the ones he'd already asked. Azzuen remained silent however, his eyes seeming to suggest the blue be patient. Flicking his tail anxiously Jaydan did just that.

He let slip his attention to the painted stud as he spoke. A single ear tipped towards Midas, but Jaydan was still half attentive to Azzuen. It didn't help that Midas tried to start conversation with a dull topic. How am I? Jaydan wondered if Midas really wanted to know, or if he was just being well-mannered. Because if Midas wanted the truth then Jaydan would tell the paint that he was still torn up on the inside, body and mind an equal disaster that tends to come when your heart is shattered. He would say that grass is no longer sweet and water not refreshing. That the wind feels cold even in Tallsun and yet the sunshine brings him no warmth. That every day he has to literally force himself to get up, because in many respects it would feel better to stay in the sand and let the red grit bury him.

He would tell Midas that he walked a thin line between the edge of composure and flat out hysterical insanity. Right now, at this very moment, Jaydan wasn't even entirely sure Midas was real. For all Jaydan could guess he was sleeping - of course that couldn't be, he could not rest in wake or slumber, too many memories of horrific nature haunted him. This led to immense sleep deprivation that was only feeding the strength of his nightmares. They came like hallucinations, fooling all his senses and betraying his rationality and logic.

Azzuen could be Azzuen or he could just be a rock. If not a rock then perhaps Azzuen was the general of Salka, prepping them all for war? Luin would be here soon then...

That's what starts it all over again. Her name, her face, her voice, her touch.
He breaks beneath her over and over again. Every night, every day he remembers her and he sobs with a mournful, wrecking noise of despair in lieu of her aching absence. She is his catalyst and sends him back into the ring of fire to burn, burn, burn.

Just like Salka burned.
Azzuen isn't Azzuen. He is Inaly, ridden by Panat.
It isn't the Qian that needs help, it's the hunters. They've seen the torch fires of the trolls in the morning mist.
Will they ride?
Of course!
That is what they do. No matter the hour, no matter the cost - they ride.

Luin is upon him. Her hands are steady and firm, but her legs loose and weary. She is tired. The attacks have been coming more often and she is pushing herself too far too often. Jaydan nickers worriedly at her but she reins him around all the same. A whistle parts her lips and Jaydan rises on blue wings. All around them feathers dance in the fog as the army rises. They are swift as they cut through the air - angry.

Jaydan blinks.
He's risen into the air above the group. The tree tops are gone, only desert below. The army is absent, only confused pegasus below him. Luin is gone.
Luin is gone.

With a sorrowful sigh Jaydan drops back down to where he'd been standing, eyes downcast to burn holes into the red dirt by his toes.
"Ready,"

Jaydan says at long last to Midas' question.
No, Midas doesn't truly want to know how Jaydan is, no one does. They just want him better. But no one's told him how to get better.
No one ever taught him how to live without a soul, how to remain without a heart, how to survive without purpose.

He shuts them all away behind his eyes. The memories come back faster that way, but he holds them at bay with a little nugget of anger. So he is able to listen to the words of Azzuen, and without even realizing it, swears his horn to the fray.
"Will fly with Azzuen."

You face no opponent more dangerous than one who has nothing left to lose. When nothing remains to tie someone to their mortal existence, if death has become a greater relief than living, then you have no hope of victory, not against someone who has lost the ability to care.

Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Two others came shortly after Midas had landed, one a pale brute with darkened wings; and the other a softly colored fellow. A silent nod of acknowledgement was all that they shared between each other as words of concern filtered across toward Azzuen. Midas knew that all would be explained in good time, so he worried little upon what was to come. His first arrival question hung empty for a moment, pitless pools turned to regard Jaydan as the lad rose into open air seemingly without reason. Worried features furrowed his brow but words remained absent; after only a moment the grey stud seems to regain himself and find proper footing upon ground with a single word trailing out, "Ready," lowered gaze refused to rise and meet the softened tones that stared with tenderness and without judgment. Jaws parted to respond but he would be cut off by his general, who had decided that now was the time to speak.

A hush fell over the gathered troop as they all listened with stern intent upon their director. Velvet senses flicked back, mind carefully thought through each sentence to calculate proper response. He didn’t know the herd that his leaders spoke of, but the call to action wasn’t something to be ignored; and as an untested warrior—the thrill that surged through his spine was pleasurable to the core. Jaydan responded first and with assertive vocal, "Will fly with Azzuen." Left foreleg rose, feathers trembled as the muscles along his shoulders flexed to accommodate the weight change, flagged trail trailed to snap against his hide, “I will fight beside our foreign friends.”
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Aure Posts: N/A
Unregistered

AURE</style>
            oh, mirror in the sky, what is love?</style>

My ears flicked back at the sound of Azzuen’s summons. I looked down at my children, knowing I could not leave them, resigning that I would simply take Adoxa and Tares would bring Alisier. My sons had decided to follow the path of the medic, a peaceful and safe path that warmed my heart and stilled my nerves. My sons would be safe from the casualties of battle, they would be there to heal my love or I if we fell to the hooves of enemies. I smiled and coaxed Adoxa along, slightly irritated that he was not old enough to fly. Neige yipped happily from my back, jumping to Adoxa’s to give him a bit of extra encouragement. I laughed at my charge; she was cheerful and not easily deterred, full of love and light. Her green eyes glowed with the will to protect my family and myself to the best of her tiny ability. Her spunk and feistiness light my heart.

I was eager to learn how to train to be a proper soldier, knowing I was green in the area of fighting. All I knew was my desire to protect my herd and family with, so be it, my life. I wondered briefly if I could handle watching my sweet Tares fight for her life and the lives of our herd mates. I approached the dark stallion who had called the meeting with a small dip of my head in respect. I saw that fellow soldiers had already arrives, including my dear friend Andash, sporting a new, wonderful wing. He must have gotten it from the gods; I was happy for the ghostly stallion who always wanted to fly. I spotted his other gift: a puffin companion. I smiled brightly, walking over to him, the little dark colt glued to my side with Neige sitting comfortably on his back."Andash, it is quite lovely to see you with your new wing! This is my son, Adoxa, who I promised you would meet. When Tares arrives, you shall meet her and Alisier, our other son." Close by to the newly winged stallion, was the golden brute, Midas, whom I had met by the lake shortly after I met my Tares. Another peculiar pegasus stood nearby, his blue jay feathers adorning his tail, winged and horned to my surprise. The empty look on the blue-jay like peg’s face saddened me, like he had lost all will to live…The stallion rose above the small cluster, pledging his life to the battle by Azzuen’s side. My heart sank for him, and I nuzzled my son to my side, Neige hopping back up onto my withers. Another golden stallion with a crescent moon star on his side had arrived upon Azzuen’s call. My mind whirled at all of these soldiers, and I worked my way up to Azzuen. "Hello, Azzuen. It is nice to see you again, even if it is under these circumstances. I am prepared to fight for my herd, as I know my mate is too. Though, I am afraid that I have not much experience with fighting in the traditional sense. Training will benefit me greatly. "

image by safetylast @ flickr.com</style>

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
New smells. New voices.

They signalled a meeting of great importance but the liver boy hesitated. These were herd mates he had not met before and it scared him a little to think of waltzing straight into the fray without at least pausing to think about what he would say. Even if he wasn't a trained fighter the fact he stood above 18hh with feathers and horns to boot would suffice enough. Although Hector was trained in combat. Well, trained in his old town's art of battle. This could be completely different. If he dared speak up and fight for this Qian and the Throat, would he be able to work with these others? Could he follow the orders of this Ázzuen, even though he had never met the commanding General.

Gathering up what was left of his courage, Hector conscientiously stepped forward across the dusty ground. Posture stiff with nerves. The one who immediately caught his eye was the extraordinarily blue stallion. With horns and wings... Like him. Forgetting himself, Hector stood a stared at the stallion in disbelief. Never in his meagre three years of living had he ever come across a stallion that was so similar to the genetic make up of himself. Was he the same species as he? Although this one was significantly smaller with the split hooves of a non-equine. There were completely different to the eye but still... This was the closest Hector had ever come to finding his own 'kin'.

Coughing in embarrassment from staring at the vibrant stallion whose speech pattern was an intrigue in itself. Hector roved his eyes and proffered his head to each in his own welcome before turning to address the General.

"General Ázzuen? I am Hector, new to these lands and this herd. Although I am not a warrior amongst your magnificent ranks, I would like to help in whatever way I can in this upcoming invasion. I have some training in the warrior field but I am unfamiliar with war itself..."

The booming voice of the liver tribrid carried itself impressively, even if the young steed did not feel as confident as his vocals sounded.

Hector turned his head to look at each member who had assembled, memorizing each face and each feather. If he was to help participate in this invasion, it would be a good idea to know who his comrades were.
[Image: hectortable.png]
image © rmlowe@flickr

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Tares Posts: 74
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: 38 months
Alex

TARES & ALISIER
</style>
Do you wanna see how much I can take?   
Can't you just leave bad enough alone?
</style>

I am the epitome of a proud mother. Alisier steps behind me shyly with Arbutus perched protectively on his shoulder, keeping my pace and making sure he is touching me at all times with the curved beauty of his horn. I stop every once and a while to nudge him forward, yet he still maintains a level of hesitancy that I cannot shake from him. But I do not mind- he will come into his own in time, as all children do. I was a child once, not so long ago; I remember each moment that I dreaded, each lash and each hate-filled look- he will not have this.

I approach the clearing with my son in tow on light cleft hooves, and slide into the background as if I was never there. Were it not for my mate standing further forward, I may have remained with my son. He looks fearful even in the presence of friends and family. His eyes, a bright chartreuse, are wide with a cautiousness I've found to be characteristic of him. He sees his brother across the crowd, but takes no step closer. Unnecessary fear keeps him at my side.

And so it is only when I walk forth that Alisier does the same. Arbutus, seemingly content to rest, is silent and still. He watches with obsidian eyes, but makes no motion towards any in the crowd until we near Aure and Adoxa. With a swiftness that I find is characteristic of my young phoenix, Arbutus takes wing and circles Adoxa happily. It is only then that the chestnut colt at my flank parts ways with me, and trots gleefully to meet his brother. With a loving nod towards my Mate, I step closer to her and the general, respectively.

Lacking my charges for a moment, I turn to Azzuen and dip my head respectfully. So this is the general- how strange that in all my time here I have never laid eyes upon him. I am struck by a painful memory of my father. This dark stallion's markings bear a striking resemblance to my father's. His death haunts me still, even as new life walks beside me each moment. I will never forget the love I had for him, just as I will never forget the love we could never share. "General Azzuen, sir," I murmur respectfully as I stand before him. I cannot help but see my father in the stallion before me- my responses are scattered and my thoughts unclear. "I have come to train," I say unshakingly, doing my best to hide my emotion. I step closer to my lover and let my side brush hers for comfort. My tail had once whipped from side to side, but it now hits the ground with a dull thud. My yellow eyes betray my emotion to my lover alone, but Arbutus senses my trepidation and draws closer. His talons brushing against my withers bring me comfort, and slowly my body unstiffens from the sight of the ghost before me.

image by vinothchandar @ flickr.com</style>

Deceased
Whit

Jaydan's reaction left the stallion a little puzzled. He watched the gelding's eyes glaze over, watched him lift himself to the air, and linger, hovering. Azzuen was concerned, but as the hybrid's hooves touched the ground once more, he seemed to gather himself again, and pledged himself to the fight. The General could see the dangerous resolve of the gelding, and admired that he could devote himself to the cause so readily. He nodded, accepting the words, and their meaning. The golden-tipped steed Midas spoke next, and Azzuen had to smile as he nodded, glad to have at least two helpful comrades by his side.

Then two mares arrived, each with a foal by their side, and Azzuen could not resist pulling upon his magic that allowed him to more deeply consider the scent of the second one, who appeared to be a unicorn yet held a curious feather in her mane. Whispers of a daughter to his brother - a niece to him - could this creatures, Tares, be her? Lost within himself for a moment, he drank her scent, and smiled at the familiar blood he could detect. Yes, this was Cirrus' cousin, his niece. A warm nicker rolled from his throat, as he nodded to both Aure and Tares, happily welcoming their support.

Hector was an imposing figure, and while Azzuen's nose held its enhanced abilities he was able to derive the three species that stained his blood, that made him the giant he was. He nodded to the stallion, offering a small smile in welcome with it. "The war will be fought against unicorns, Hector, in lands whose borders have a vast number of trees, but is edged by cliffs that fall away to the sea. Practice against your horn, and yours too Jaydan, would be beneficial I think, to our warriors." He gestured to the blue Jaydan in his speech, but his gaze was invariably drawn back to Tares.

"Tares," He began, only just know piecing together that her name was given to him by Aure - that they were mates. He didn't have time to ponder over the possibility of it all. "We share familiar blood. My brother, Voltaic, was your father, I believe? Cirrus here, is your cousin, and second cousin to Alisier and Adoxa." It was amazing just how quickly a family could grow, amazing and thrilling. The young yearling filly that huddled beside her father reached out to her cousin with a shy maw, whickering lowly to the colt nearby too. She was quietly excited to learn just how far the blood of her grandmother had stretched.

"I thank you all for your enthusiasm. Even if you do not wish to fight, I urge you to train with us today, so that you can continue you training and better defend our lands. It would be good for some of us to linger behind, as there is nothing more prone than a land whose warriors are fighting battles upon foreign turf." He spoke warmly, loudly, addressing all who had gathered with firm tones that befitted his rank. Spreading his wings, exposing their massive, giant size, he stepped back a little bit, to give himself room.

"Those with wings, I want you to make sure you are fit to use them to the best of their potential. Stretching and flapping it essential, and should be done more than twice a day if one truly longs to master the skies." Here, he began to slowly flap his wings, scooping air up and throwing it at the crowd. He chuckled, hoping that his display did not ruffle too many feathers in the group. He continued beating his wings, however, until he was a couple of feet above the ground. Then, he ceased beating them, and abruptly landed on his sturdy hooves once more. Slowly, he stretched the wings out, again to their full height, then sideways each, before folding them back to his sides. When folded, the true magnitude of their size appeared diminished.

"Exercises like those, practiced for extended periods, will give your wings muscle mass, strength to handle when the winds shift unexpectedly, and when you must pull yourself out of a dive." He explained, knowing that there was plenty of other reasons why one should want strong muscles holding their wings up. He thought that what he was saying was quite obvious to most of them, however, and so pushed on. Leaning around his own wings, he pulled from them a wooden spear, tipped with a silver arrowhead. Grinning, he plunged the tip into the sand.

"To everyone, whether you possess wings, horns or none, you need to get fit. I want your endurance to be ever-lasting, your speed to be faster than a swift breeze, and your strength to be able to shift mountains." Was it too much to demand? Of course it was. But if he made them aim for higher than they could ever possibly achieve, they would at least get to an acceptable minimum strength in a relatively swift time. "This means running, races, spars, obstacle courses - everything. Repetition will make your muscles remember the actions, make it a ritual part of your life, it will be something to help you survive through the ages."

With a snort, the stallion lunged forward and grabbed his spear, before taking off at breakneck speed into the group. Then, with agility unexpected of his size, he weaved himself between everyone, at last throwing his spear high into the air, emerging on the other side of the group, spanning, and unfurling his wings, before leaping up and catching his spear above them. Puffing slightly from his acrobatic, energetic display, he then landed before them once more, in his original stance, and announced.

"Begin! Pair off, to a partner you are unfamiliar with. Alisier and Adoxa, you can both train with Cirrus."

[ Ok, ya'll are welcome to RP out whatever you like, feel free to powerplay Azzuen continuing to give your characters tip etc. If anyone would like to specifically pair up with Azz let me know, however for the most part he is being a 'personal trainer' to everyone :-) ]