Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: 38 months
Alex

TARES & ALISIER
</style>
Do you wanna see how much I can take?   
Can't you just leave bad enough alone?
</style>

I am the epitome of a proud mother. Alisier steps behind me shyly with Arbutus perched protectively on his shoulder, keeping my pace and making sure he is touching me at all times with the curved beauty of his horn. I stop every once and a while to nudge him forward, yet he still maintains a level of hesitancy that I cannot shake from him. But I do not mind- he will come into his own in time, as all children do. I was a child once, not so long ago; I remember each moment that I dreaded, each lash and each hate-filled look- he will not have this.

I approach the clearing with my son in tow on light cleft hooves, and slide into the background as if I was never there. Were it not for my mate standing further forward, I may have remained with my son. He looks fearful even in the presence of friends and family. His eyes, a bright chartreuse, are wide with a cautiousness I've found to be characteristic of him. He sees his brother across the crowd, but takes no step closer. Unnecessary fear keeps him at my side.

And so it is only when I walk forth that Alisier does the same. Arbutus, seemingly content to rest, is silent and still. He watches with obsidian eyes, but makes no motion towards any in the crowd until we near Aure and Adoxa. With a swiftness that I find is characteristic of my young phoenix, Arbutus takes wing and circles Adoxa happily. It is only then that the chestnut colt at my flank parts ways with me, and trots gleefully to meet his brother. With a loving nod towards my Mate, I step closer to her and the general, respectively.

Lacking my charges for a moment, I turn to Azzuen and dip my head respectfully. So this is the general- how strange that in all my time here I have never laid eyes upon him. I am struck by a painful memory of my father. This dark stallion's markings bear a striking resemblance to my father's. His death haunts me still, even as new life walks beside me each moment. I will never forget the love I had for him, just as I will never forget the love we could never share. "General Azzuen, sir," I murmur respectfully as I stand before him. I cannot help but see my father in the stallion before me- my responses are scattered and my thoughts unclear. "I have come to train," I say unshakingly, doing my best to hide my emotion. I step closer to my lover and let my side brush hers for comfort. My tail had once whipped from side to side, but it now hits the ground with a dull thud. My yellow eyes betray my emotion to my lover alone, but Arbutus senses my trepidation and draws closer. His talons brushing against my withers bring me comfort, and slowly my body unstiffens from the sight of the ghost before me.

image by vinothchandar @ flickr.com</style>

Messages In This Thread
Warriors convene! - by Ázzuen - 09-04-2012, 03:15 AM
RE: Warriors convene! - by Jaydan - 09-04-2012, 09:16 PM
RE: Warriors convene! - by Midas - 09-06-2012, 07:50 AM
RE: Warriors convene! - by Leander - 09-06-2012, 10:49 AM
RE: Warriors convene! - by Andash - 09-06-2012, 01:26 PM
RE: Warriors convene! - by Ázzuen - 09-10-2012, 07:21 AM
RE: Warriors convene! - by Jaydan - 09-10-2012, 11:34 AM
RE: Warriors convene! - by Midas - 09-11-2012, 10:31 AM
RE: Warriors convene! - by Aure - 09-11-2012, 11:30 AM
RE: Warriors convene! - by Hector - 09-11-2012, 03:25 PM