the Rift

[OPEN] Quiet like a fight [herd meeting of sorts]

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"
-- Patrick Rothfuss

By the time the Nightshade finally turned up to the meeting there were already quite a few gathered. Even his holiness had rolled out of his sparkly bed and blessed them with his presence. With a faint frown, d’Artagnan joined the group of unicorns and hybrids. He looked across at the winged mare with an open look of disgust. What was this? In his disgruntled state of ignorance had the Basin forgotten the reason they were in these mountains after all?! Perhaps generations grew up and the era moved on, but his mind could and would never forget his purpose, past and reason for even being with this band of misfits. Maybe, just like Mauja had, they were all going through that state of “maybe I was wrong” but that glorious U-turn had yet to descend upon the Time Mender. So he stood amongst the gathered like a disgruntled old relic and played with his magic on the hybrid girl who had announced herself as Rhea. Weaving his sleep wave towards her just to see if she’d tumble to the floor and, with a bit of luck, accidentally break her neck. At least that would be one problem fixed.

The other problem was the reason for the gathering. Apparently their patron God had decided it would be a good idea for Ophelia, the girl who had claimed his own flesh and blood (albeit tainted blood) as her own. A child merely whose previous reign had already come to an end, so what made her better now? She was announced in a tumult of sparks and hailed as a Lady. The Doctor and his hound bored their eyes into the absurd performance with the shade offering a short laugh when finally she spoke. Any questions indeed. He wondered if she’d attempt to banish him from the land, given their not so great history on the topic of Mesec. ”Why here?” His gravely voice enquired, genuinely interested as he glanced to Deimos who was clearly disgruntled over the whole event to which d’Artagnan wasn’t surprised. ”What makes you think you can Lead here girl?”

His gaze was challenging. Deimos he could follow, but this child? Was the Lord of Time mad?! Part of his fur began to glow a little redder as Aramis’ markings burst into life and reflected on his side, the hellion’s pointed tail lashed back and forth in response to his bonded’s shifting emotions. Apparently if one spent too much time hidden in a cave then the world all went awry, perhaps it was best if he just stayed in that cave and never came out of it. Only bad things happened when he did these days.

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quiet like a fight [herd meeting of sorts] - by d'Artagnan - 11-25-2014, 09:59 AM