the Rift

[OPEN] Quiet like a fight [herd meeting of sorts]

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero

The God ignored the look Ophelia cast his way. So she didn't like his comment - oh well. She was like that. It hadn't even occurred to him that he had put her into den of vipers without any warning. He had seen that she would be the Lady at a crucial time, and so he had forced it into reality, just the same way he had seen that he would sire a child with her and forced that (in so many words) into reality as well.

What he wouldn't ignore was the piercing gaze from the Reaper, and the thoughts of doubt, distaste, and disgrace that flooded from his mind. The God's blue-tipped tail snapped suddenly against his hocks causing a flurry of sparks to fall harmlessly upon the snow. Although his stocky movements suggested aggression, the expression on his face was one of borderline amusement, barely creasing the nearly emotionless mask that he wore.

"Illynx has been sent West." He responded simply, his gaze boring into Deimos with a patient kind of mild hostility. "I have tasked the GildedBlade with a certain ... job, shall we say. She has gone to complete it and shall return to me once she does." Then, with significantly more attitude, "We are all the products of our environment Reaper. You are born with the body that you have in an environment that will mold you - but all of this is beyond your choosing. Every decision you make can be perfectly described as simply the consequence of every antecedent action that comprises the sum of your short life. This is all contingent. You kid yourself if you think that you've ever been anything other than the product of a thousand choices that were made before you were even born. Think on that before you dare to think to criticize one that I judge worthy to lead my lands based on her contributions."

His response to the Engineer and Nightshade were more or less along these lines.

"Yes I do." He responded to Ulrik without further clarification, his tail swaying idly behind his stout rear as he casually leaned to one side. "As for your son ... He is with Illynx." He concluded vaguely with a shrug. He had only needed Illynx for the task. The fact she had brought baggage along was not his concern.

"She never said she could lead. Perhaps if left your cave more often you would have been here sooner to hear that. I said she could lead." Sparks seemed to lace his words, even as his stare remained stoic and bland.

But he was growing tired of these questions. The urge to simply throw them all through his mirror and start afresh was beginning to sound better and better...But his thoughts were interrupted by Sin, who finally managed to coax a smile from his dark lips.

"So you've noticed your predecessor is dead then." He began, referring to Myrddin. "His time should have expired long ago ... perhaps who ever did this was trying to do him a favour." It was clear however that the God thought no such thing. "Haruspex, would you use a shield of wood against flames? Of glass against stones? Of iron in a battle under the sea? Of course not. What you are shielding yourself against instructs the type of Sheila to be used. And you can't shield yourselves from what you're ignorant of - Have you been following the clues? Our mystery killer seems to be ignorant of keeping a tidy crime scene. "

CREDITS: Tamme & Boom

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quiet like a fight [herd meeting of sorts] - by God of the Spark - 11-25-2014, 12:39 PM