Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken
I'm a princess cut from marble, smoother than a storm
they used to shout my name, now they whisper it

Ophelia was not entirely sure what to feel at the quickly claimed doubts. At least d'Artagnan and Ulrik had the courtesy to ask her if she was up to the task. Deimos seemed to make such vast judgments on her abilities when she had rarely seen him move past the walls of this winter fortress. This made her wonder how much he knew - how far the hooves of his loyal followers reached. The temptation to read his mind was great, but she withheld for now. She would reserve such wicked chicanery for when she was confident in his lack of respect for her leadership. Phi realized now that she had to prove herself, rid them of doubts with her actions.

Two greeted her warmly, and she bowed to each deeply. The mare seemed kind and beautiful, and the stallion was strange; she liked him immediately and rewarded this emotion with a smile. "I appreciate your welcome and the opportunity to prove myself to you," she returned, her chime-like voice so gentle.

The God of Time spoke further, and she struggled not to smile as he chastised Deimos for his quick assumptions. She did not speak, though, but she felt comforted by the god's belief in her abilities. Having him support her through this time of questioning made the difference between her quietly stepping down and standing firm to prove her worth. Ophelia had personal quarrels with d'Artagnan still, but Mesec was now old enough to make his own decisions. Part of her felt badly for this Ulrik, that his son left with Illynx. "I am sorry your son is gone," she said honestly. "I am sure that you will see him again soon. We will go find him, if we must."

Ophelia chose to speak for herself, particularly in response to d'Artagnan and Ulrik's concerns. She barely moved, a stone in the wind. "You have your doubts, and those are reasonable. I have no interest in changing what you have been doing, only in helping to achieve greatness in the Basin. Helovia has been my home since the land was discovered, and I have been a spy for Kri the Resolute and then lead a band with my sister. We successfully invaded the Foothills with clever tactics of sealing their warriors, orchestrated by myself, and with strong, practiced fighters of our own. I know that I cannot replace Illynx, but I will do my best to ensure that the Basin is well updated and a force to be reckoned with."

Curiously, she listened to the words between the Haruspex and the God, frowning slightly. She had seen the dead with her own eyes and was there when the God of the Earth charged them all with finding the killer. "The God of the Earth has charged us all with discovering the perpetrator of these crimes, and The God of Time is right. Whoever murdered these citizens has left behind a plethora of clues. We must be cautious now when we travel alone. One of the fallen was a warrior who served me well, Ailith, and I fear for our safety if one so strong and powerful as her could fall victim."

"I see brilliant minds, steadfast hearts and strong bodies here. Certainly we can discover this murderer and bring them to justice for the gods and for our own glory!" Ophelia lifted her head proudly, glancing at those in the small gathering. Then, she turned to Deimos. "Would you consider discussing forms of defense your citizens could use to protect themselves as they search for the murderer?" she asked. "Protecting our own is of the utmost importance."

Credits: Image by Araxel @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quiet like a fight [herd meeting of sorts] - by Ophelia - 11-25-2014, 01:41 PM