the Rift

[PRIVATE] The cold never bothered me anyway

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

I shiver involuntarily. There is a colder chill to the once glistening world. A darkness creeping in to the hearts of the valiant. A blood lust in those who where once friends of the victims. I know I shouldn't be up here without mother, but I can't bring myself to go back to the cave. I want to be out in the world, exploring. But mother has strictly forbidden it. She says there is a bad man or woman on the loose, and she doesn't want to loose me. And yet she is out there now, putting herself in harms way, looking for the killer of these innocent souls. One of whom was from this herd.

If that last death was from here, than who is to say I would be safe? Could this killer get in to the Basin? Could they get anywhere??? I do not know, I do not know. Then again, none of us know anything anymore. Nothing is sacred, nothing is safe. No one is trust worthy.

Except for mother. Mother will always be trust worthy. Mother will never hurt me, never put me in harms way. Well, maybe she would put me in harms way, but to toughen me up. She had already started to show me some fighting moves should I ever have to defend myself in her absence. Let us hope that today is not the day that I have to use those.

Once more I shiver, before looking back at the Basin. No one would miss me for now. I would be back later, but at this moment I was itching for adventure and some company. Ruthless and bloodthirsty or not.

I walk
"I talk"
"I think"

Tagged: @[Cetan]
Word Count: 279 words
Notes: <3 <3 <3

I HAD A HEART THEN
but the queen has been overthrown

full image

Cetan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I had wandered off again, but this time someplace far colder. My winter coat was thin, and provided barely enough warmth to keep me from freezing. Lack of food didn't help my case either; I was shivering the minute i left my source of warmth. But i was used to it, the Long Winter had been much colder, harsher than this winter cold, so i endured the frigid air and wandered away from the Edge herd. And now here i was, clambering up mountainsides, cloven hooves finding purchase with an ease that startled me. I had never done this, and a glance down froze me in place. High... i had not realized just how high i had climbed up the gravelly slope.

I tried to move, to return down the mountainside, by my legs refused to move, trembling, locked into place out of a deep-rooted fear. Before i had believed i was relatively safe, if i fell it was only a little roll to the bottom, not a steep drop dozens of horselengths to the ground! I couldn't stay up here, it was too cold, i would freeze. But if i slipped... Taking a deep breath, gathering the little courage i held, i tore my gaze from the ground below, focusing on a ledge. Slowly i shuffle towards it, my hooves loosing grip a few times, startling me and sending gravel rolling down the slope. Only a few feet more.... I lean back, legs bunching before i spring forward, airborne for a heartbeat, then my hooves crash into the stone, and im safe. Safe safe safe. "Vă mulțumim zei!" I drop to the stone, pressing my cheek against the snow-covered rock. Safe. For now. I lift my head, feeling my forelock catch against my horns, and i toss my head repeatedly until it settles down around the twin spirals, rather than on them.

Now...getting down would be the hard part. I dare not peer over the edge in fear of...well fear. And it felt so good to just lay myself down and relax, something i had not done since meeting Thor and Torleik in the forest. So i lay my head back down, heaving a deep, long sigh. Peace and quiet, even if it had been risky getting up and my confidence in getting back down was little. The snow was cold under my body, but i tucked my legs beneath me, keeping them warm with the head of my belly. Peace and quiet... with none around to bother me.

(OOC:Vă mulțumim zei- thank the gods)
Cetan
Word Count: 422 Tags: @[Glacia]
Credits
| SnowPhotography@deviantart | faestock@deviantart | tursiart@deviantart | Linds |

Please tag Cetan in all posts
Permission is given for any force against Cetan provided it does not kill him

I walk further, head down against the cold snow rushing into my face. Already you see that the small childish form is growing, that her body is growing heavier. Her face and body are covered in a heavy shag, heaver than the coat of a pure warmblood, yet to thin for that of a draft. Light feathering guarded her ankles, and her black coat was flecked with white, both natural, and from the softly falling snow. Her eyes where icy blue, and her horn a frosty white, beginning to spiral from her forehead. Her mane once spiky and short, was beggining to flop to one side as it grew thick and long.

Her icy blue's caught movement, and the young girl stops, watching from afar, as what seems to be a full grown stallion... cowering behind a rock? Confusion sweeps over her, yet if she had arrived moments earlier, she would have been a puddle of giggles. As it was, the only thing keeping her from that was the confusion that came from seeing this stallion behind a rock. What was his reason?

Quickly the cross breed closes the gap between herself and this stranger. "And why do you hide behind this rock when there is a beautiful view??? Surely the view of the rock isn't all that spectacular!" He was crowned, and it was obvious he wasn't from here. No stallion from this land would be caught dead cowering behind a rock. Much less cowering in any shape or form. The Basiners where tough, born from the cold reaches you had to be to survive.

I walk
"I talk"
"I think"

Tagged: @[Cetan]
Word Count: 267 words
Notes: <3 <3 <3

I HAD A HEART THEN

full image

Unregistered
I think my heart had stopped. I whirled to face the voice so fast i slipped and lost my balance, hitting the hard stone with a whinny. How had she snuck up on me?! Was she a ghost? Demon? I thought i was alone, i hadn't heard or smelled anyone! So much for being a sleuth. Quickly i scramble to my feet, eyes wide and focused on the....unicorn. Finally, oh sweet finally, others with horns. The sight of them did little to calm me, however, and i dipped my head. "As you s-say." I stammered, my tongue feeling thick. Had i trespassed into another's territory? The home of this Basin the black unicorn had mentioned?

My mind reeling, i look from the mare(well filly really, she seemed around my age) to the ground, ears flattened back. "Forgive me if i strayed into your lands. I...i was just curious." I chided myself; i should know by now that curiosity was dangerous for my health. But... i couldn't resist a peek back at the filly, glancing at her snow-kissed coat. Then i catch her gaze and immediately return my own to the snow covered earth.

"Where...where am i, if i may ask?" I reaaaally should shut up. I didn't know who this filly was or what she was like. But... Thor had lessened my paranoia that all were ready and willing to hurt at the slightest misstep(But i still feared the stallion's wrath.). Maybe... maybe this filly was like Thor in her gentle-giantness. Well...giantessness? That didn't seem right. But i spoke no more, awaiting her response be it vocal or physical.

Cetan
Word Count: 273 Tags: @[Glacia]
Credits
| SnowPhotography@deviantart | faestock@deviantart | tursiart@deviantart | Linds |

I watched the boy, and my head cocked in confusion. The boy had whirled around
only to lose his balance and slam back into the rock with a whinny. A frown attached itself to my lovely face, as I watched his face go from horror to... still horror. My brows scrunch as his head dips and he speaks. "As you s-say." he stammers out at me, and I wonder why he is so timid. He had no reason to be. He was horned, he had nothing to worry about in these parts.

"Forgive me if i strayed into your lands. I...i was just curious." I am silent, and I wonder why he would be worried. I straighten myself, and I catch the boys gaze flicker to me before quickly going back to the ground. Then he speaks to me again. "Where...where am i, if i may ask?" I snort slowly, sighing before shifting. "You are in the frostbreath steppe. Down below is the Aurora Basin... No need to worry, you haven't strayed into dangerous territory. "

I lower my head slightly to nod at the boy. "I'm not going to eat you know." I say, a small smile forming on my lips, at this boy. "You are horned. In fact you are completely welcome here... It even seems some winged are welcome here as well..." I say to him, and I move closer. "I am Glacia, who are you?"

"talk talk talk talk "
Tagged;; @[Cetan]
Words;; 262 words
Notes;; Sorry this took so long!

I HAD A HEART THEN

full image

Unregistered
I regard this snow-kissed mare with both surprise and wariness. Why did everyone smile at me here? I trusted their friendliness less and less with every meeting, it had to be a matter of time before they'd lash out, still smiling those false smiles. I listen as she speaks, ears and eyes focused on her. So, i had been partially correct; this was the land of the Basin. I watch her for a few moments more before i dared to look down where she had said the Basin was, but i saw nothing but mountains and snow and rocks.

She spoke again, and i quickly snap my gaze towards her, eyes dropping down to her feet, watching. I notice not her smile, and when she shifts closer i move away, ears flattened against my head. Glacia... it is a name as cold as this place, yet seemingly at stark contrast to her....'friendliness'. I hesitate before i speak, carefully tracing my words in my mind first. "I am Cetan." Short, simple and sweet, and giving nothing of my herd affiliation. I knew not the relationship between the Edge and the Basin, and figured it best to keep that secret till i find out more.

But then i recall her words, and a chill runs down my spine. "There are winged here?" My voice his hushed, and i look to her with wide, startled eyes. Winged horses... vicious. Hoof and tooth and word and hate. Carefully i back up as much as i could on the ledge i was on, stopping only when i felt my hind foot nearly fall off the edge of my perch.

Cetan
Word Count: 275 Tags: @[Glacia]
Credits

The boy looked at me, before his blue gaze ripped to the ground at my feet. Why did he act so scared? His eyes are to focused on the ground to see my smile. "Tell me. Whats so fascinating about my feet, hm?" I ask, s he skitters away from my moving body. I stop, and give him a funny look. Dearie me, he was skittish.

The boy however, seemed to calm for a moment as I inquired about his name. It isn't a calmness, no it was hesitation. Finally he answers me. His name is Cetan. I muse over his name carefully. "Well Cetan, I would like it if you looked into my eyes. It is quiet unnerving with you looking down at the ground all the time." I snort slightly, lifting my head up slightly.

However, he seems to grow fearful again, at least thats how his voice comes out. "There are winged here?" he asks, and my eyes go flat. "No, I was talking out of my ass." I stated, my voice dripping with dark sarcasm. I don't say anything else, and I wait for him to pick up on it. But the coy begins to back up so close to the edge that his foot slips. My muscles stiffen and my ears fly forward, and it feels like my heart is going to fail me. "For gods sake boy, get control and get away from that edge! You could fall to your untimely death!" I back away quickly so that the fearful colt could move up, and I roll the glacial eyes in there sockets at his ungoldly fear that was putting him at risk.

"talk talk talk talk "
Tagged;; @[Cetan]
Words;; 288 words
Notes;; Sorry that this took awhile >.<

I HAD A HEART THEN

full image