the Rift

[OPEN] pushed away, i'm pulled toward

Arya Posts: 50
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 2
Minx

She harbours a sword within her unquiet roaring heart,

Death should’ve taken her. Death should’ve dragged her into the dark, abysmal peace of it’s embrace. Yet, there was something that broke through her pain. She didn’t dare open her eyes but she felt as the wounds mended themselves. That grip that tied her to her body slowly faded as flesh mended together. She lay somewhere between unconsciousness and awareness. Part of her wanted to slip into the blackness and never return. But her eyes slowly fluttered open as she heard words of thanks and praise. She weakly lifted her head from the brittle snow and glanced about at the faces around her. Her mother and two unfamiliar faces remained nearby. First thing she noted though was the remaining absence of her father. She shot a look over her shoulder, expecting him to come over with his head high and Odette at his side. For several moments she remained still, despite her mother’s touch, despite the others relief. The child was focused upon the absence of her other parent and her friend.

When the moments ticked by and none came she finally looked toward the bay mare. She knew she should’ve thanked her. She knew that she should’ve been feeling indebted to the mare, but her mind was trapped in the pain that had overwhelmed her. Arya was trapped in the fresh memories of what should’ve been her death. For once, she wouldn’t try and be strong. She would be a child and she reached for her mother, wanting nothing more than to be buried in her touch and affection. The huntress began to weep violently. All the fear and pain manifested in the fat tears that fell from her face.

“I was so afraid,” Arya said through her sobs. “I could feel death. I could feel it trying to pull me away.” Even if her soul had wanted to slip away in that moment there was still life to live. “Why couldn’t he take me?” The question was targeted to both Lena and Hotaru, though her gaze remained focused upon her mother. She simply doubted the other child could comprehend know of death like the adults did.

@[Lena] @[Glacia] @[Hotaru]
arya woman-kingfont color=#eebabb>arya woman-king

• tag in opening posts only 
• violence/magic is permitted. maiming/death is not without prior permission

Messages In This Thread
pushed away, i'm pulled toward - by Arya - 11-19-2014, 07:06 PM
RE: pushed away, i'm pulled toward - by Glacia - 11-20-2014, 08:23 PM
RE: pushed away, i'm pulled toward - by Hotaru - 11-22-2014, 02:01 AM
RE: pushed away, i'm pulled toward - by Arya - 11-24-2014, 02:28 AM
RE: pushed away, i'm pulled toward - by Lena - 12-09-2014, 07:00 PM
RE: pushed away, i'm pulled toward - by Glacia - 12-26-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: pushed away, i'm pulled toward - by Hotaru - 01-10-2015, 06:22 PM