the Rift

[OPEN] Owed favors [battle watch]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

The sound of the sentinels alerted her to action just beyond the narrow pass leading to their home. Ophelia's delicately turned ears pricked forward, and she jolted out of her place near the cave entrance she shared with one other. Cloven hooves raced across the dirt and rock, jumping to and fro until she reached the entrance, her presence calming the sound of the metal beasts guarding the gates. She was surprised to see Gaucho there, and she struggled to hide an irritated scowl. Having missed what he said, but seeing Hotaru there, she had correctly assumed that he was here to challenge their spy.

Ophelia wondered at Gaucho's wisdom of trying to steal a spy, and she raised a brow slightly, stopping and sliding down the muddy bank until she reached a solid, rocky space. Still, she waited. This was not her battle and the lovely spy should be able to hold her own. As she looked at the child, she could not help but see Phaedra in all of her features, and the memory of her betrayed friend sent a ping of ache through her heart. This was her daughter.

The pale princess paused, listening to Hotaru speak to her, seeing Phaedra written in ever line of her pretty, pink face. Quickly, she shook her head, lofty mane tumbling messily over her neck and around her horn. "You owe me nothing," she said firmly. "They will be safe with me. We will take care of them as our own, you have my word. They know you love them, but I will say it a thousand times more." Now was when Ophelia wished that she had her magic to speak in other's minds. Curse the sun god for his difficult quest!

She stepped forward lightly, making to embrace the stranger, even though such physical affection was strange and foreign to her. "Learn." She whispered into Hotaru's ear, hoping that the single, innocuous word would lend itself to a world of possibilities for the clever spy. "I will get you soon." First, she had to speak to Deimos. There would be enough time, certainly.

Then, Ophelia leveled a familiar glare at Gaucho. "Not all problems are solved with violence, Gaucho," she said, narrowing her gaze ever so slightly. "Do not forget that Sohalia has invited me to instruct for your academy of students. Surely such shows of strength are unnecessary between us?" Considering that he nearly killed her and then she helped him get his memories back, he owed her, though she doubted he would see it that way.

"I'll visit soon."

-------------
@[Hotaru] and @[Gaucho]

Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Arya Posts: 50
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 2
Minx

She harbours a sword within her unquiet roaring heart,

The huntress wasn’t sure what drew her to the border. Maybe it was curiosity. Maybe it was fate. That mattered little What mattered was the strange man standing at the border. There was some strange mare and there was her mother. Had the stallion not been there she might’ve run to her, instead she simply watched with both ears pricked forward. In all her months of life not once had she seen one with wings anywhere near the Basin. He burned bright as the sun and her interest was piqued.

Arya approached silently only to catch the end of Ophelia’s words. She glanced between the adults. Something wasn’t right. Something told her that this man came with malice not benevolence. The filly put it together… This man was taking her mother. Fear, anger, and sorrow rose in an overwhelming tidal wave of emotion. Her eyes focused in on the stallion. Tears swelled in her eyes but she fought them back with her anger. The huntress would be strong. She would show her mother that she wasn’t a mere babe anymore. Arya would be the mighty mare that her mother had always wanted her to be. She would be one of the strong heroes from the story.

One parent had been ripped away by cruel villains. There she stood witnessing another handing herself over to the villains. Surely there was more going on behind her mother’s mind, but, she wouldn’t ever let this sin find atonement. In time she would make the villain pay. No matter how beautiful the world was, she could see it was filled with hideous evil. This man, she decided, was part of the evil.

She sought to lock eyes with the man with a loathing fire behind her gaze. “I am Arya. Remember my name and my face. And remember that because of you I will be alone. Above all else, remember I will never what you've done." her eyes turned to he mother and the expression on her face softened. It took everything she had to hold back the tears that filled her eyes. “I love you Mama, I promise to be strong for you.”

With one last look at her mother the huntress turned and walked away. Part of her was tempted to look back and see, but she knew, to look back meant weakness. Arya would keep her eyes upon the road ahead. There was still hope. They would find her mother and bring her safely back home. They would avenge her. Arya swore to herself she would storm wherever that stallion lived if she had to, to get her mother back.

[Arya is popping in for knowledge of her mother’s kidnapping. There won’t be any more posts from her.]

arya woman-king

• tag in opening posts only 
• violence/magic is permitted. maiming/death is not without prior permission

Rhiannon Posts: 76
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 6 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
No.

No, no, no, no, no,no,no!

With that damnable, terrible, gruesome limp, Rhiannon quite literally stumbled upon the challenge that would go without violence or unnecessary bloodshed. The male harpy, the winged atrocity, the ugly equinefucker who seemed to have rocks for brains that had waltzed up to their borders and was taking away her mistress, her Princess, her maiden to be protected, loved, and cherished... Had she been capable, the Brindled Devil would've launched herself forward, volunteered herself to take Hotaru's place, to fight this bird-brained ignoramus, but she couldn't. She could barely fucking walk, and it was with shame and self-loathing that she couldn't answer Hotaru's challenge in her stead.

Whatever Crowley had done, whatever black magic he had directed upon her and cursed her with ached terribly, so much that it was agony to simply take a step. The sphere of darkness that had struck her had been curious, at first, numbing her front, right leg from the knee down, before bouts of radiating, agonizing, horrendous pain would flow through the muscles, tendons, and ligaments, bones aching in extreme lameness.

Favoring her lame limb, Rhiannon watched with clear trepidation shining in molten-gold and icy-silver oculars, pupils locked only on the coral maiden who had stolen her breath, her heart, her soul, who had soothed away the wretched demons with her sinful voice, soft curves, and gentle devotion.

"No..." That was all she could say, the only fucking word that could escape her dark lips, even though her mind screamed a litany all of its own. Please, please, please, don't go. Don't go, my love, stay with us, with me. Without you, I cannot breathe, I cannot see, I cannot be. "Hotaru..."

Such bravery, such loyalty... Hotaru didn't answer the beast's challenge with hooves blazing or teeth gnashing, but with poised dignity that truly few could muster. Rhiannon would've answered such a challenge as any soldier would; with body and mind prepared to fight. The siren spy willingly gave herself over, and in the exchange, the Brindled Devil could see the horned beauty's mind churning.

What are you planning, Ru?

Hotaru bid the welfare of her children to the Lady of the Basin, Ophelia, and Rhiannon was terribly powerless but to watch. She hoped against hope that Ophelia, the alabaster maiden who had since taken Illynx's spot as their queen, would take the brindled soldier along to collect their spy, when the time came. Rage, indignant, fiery, and deadly boiled beneath Nonnie's dark fur, deep within her skin, igniting a long-burning hatred as though some fool had poured gasoline on an already roaring fire.

We'll meet again, you disgusting bastard, her mind whispered darkly, already yearning to taste the brute's blood on her tongue, Just wait.

Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
GAUCHO
& if we should die tonight then we should all die together

[Posting Gaucho's reply to Ru's submission here :) ]

Gaucho isn't surprised that she takes her time. It is a show of what little power she has remaining; nothing more. As her sashaying hips bring her near, his gaze apprises her emotionlessly. For once his stare does not linger on the swell of her thighs or the curve of her chest as it has done so to females in the past. No, She is his prisoner now, but only because she is too weak to fight. Just like he isn't surprised by her dawdling, he isn't surprised by the fact that she doesn't try to defend or excuse herself. He has prejudged her, that is for sure. How can she be strong, when she clings to the shadows, preferring to hoard and hover to try and covet what she seeks, rather than boldly stepping out to take it? At least he did her that courtesy. Perhaps that is why she submitted to readily. She knows what she has done, why fight the inevitable?

From the snow stepped a face Gaucho certainly didn't expect to see here, and although he couldn't hear the words exchanged between the spy and the Foresaken, he felt he would hear her voice soon enough. Ophelia ... why was she here? If Gaucho knew that the blood-tipped mare was the new Basin Lady he might have felt a great deal more anxiety than he presently did. Given his history with Ophelia, he certainly would understand on some primitive level if she still harbored a grudge against him. Ahh well, tales for another time.

"Your spy try to steal my family. If that not a call for violence what is?" His gaze met Ophelia's equally, the confidence and righteousness in the words he spoke plainly evident on his dark face. His spies acted only on his orders - he assumed the Basin had a similar arrangement with theirs. If so, it had been under the Basin's instruction that she had acted, and yet Ophelia acted surprised. More yewwneeekorn arrogance - thinking they could continue to push and take when and who they wanted. If the pink spy was not acting under the guidance of her herd, well then all the better that he had come for just her then. Flicking his tail, he conceded slightly, dark nose lowering as his shoulders shrugged. "Not know you were here. Only know she was here." He grunted, nosing towards Hotaru.

His dark gaze watched as more unicorns appeared, their eyes scowling and full of hate. Snorting with amusement, his stormy gaze fell upon Ophelia as if blaming her. Would they make him out to be the bad one here? He, who would simply defend his family, who had committed no sins against the Basin but who had been subject to so many on their account? Of course they would. They would twist the situation to suit themselves, but that was fine. They could think what they wanted of him, but he would never allow them to think they could hurt his family. "She be back. This her doing." He replied addressing Hotaru's daughter, his voice simply and matter-of-fact. He didn't care of the child understood the events that led to this situation; he was not here to explain himself.

His gaze drifted back to Ophelia, now appearing rather thoughtful, and if it isn't too much of a stretch to even suggest such a thing, diplomatic? "Phaedra murdered. She one of ours. She found dead with unicorn. Maybe one of yours. We go to get her body in 3 nights. In the Arch. You come if you like to get his body." Maybe not diplomatic, but it seemed like he was trying.

"Gaucho not believe in Hell." Gaucho grunted, his dark voice losing any flickers of warmth that it might have had moments ago as Hotaru finally arrived at his side. "Mara can paralyze you, but Gaucho not want to drag you to Throat. Walk nicely."

Table style by Tamme!
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

The way the breeze shifted across the barren landscape of ice and snow bring with it a rather unpleasant odor. Perking her ears with curiosity something gut instinct told her that this was not going to be good. Shaking her athletic frame to clear the snow from her curves she set forward eager to find out what all this was about. Spreading her wings the dark fae poised herself to take flight to observe who might be trespassing this far north. Before launching herself upward a thought crossed her mind causing her to tuck her wings back across her flanks and draw herself up short. Let's try something new this time she mused softly to herself as she pushed herself forward instead of up so to pick up a lengthy canter instead. Where exactly was she heading though? Well if someone was to trespass the most logical answer would be to the border, might as well start there.

The winged stallion that caught her eye was somehow the last thing she expected to see standing in front of their queen and a few other onlookers. What was going on? Frowning she slowed her pace to try and catch what the others were saying until she was a few meters from where Ophelia stood. Sliding to a halt her bicoloured eyes narrowed as her ears rotated back to meet her skull. Kidnapping.. not if she had anything to say about it. Before she could lunge forward to snap at the brute she checked herself reminding herself that she could not just act anymore. Joining the Basin meant that she was apart of something greater she was not just on her own anymore. Damn, why was everyone else just standing around and letting this happen? Shouldn't they be fighting to prevent it this happening?

Casting her gaze between those that had come out she could not figure out why everyone was just standing back and watching. Biting her tongue she resisted the urge to snap something at the stud to draw his attention away from his hostage. Turning her eyes to Ophelia she listened for instructions hoping that something could be done instead of everyone just standing back and watching the winged jerk prance off with one of their members. Despite the hatred everyone had shown her thus far she wasn't going to quit and let their comments get to her. There was no reason that she couldn't belong here they just needed to accept it end of story.

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••
Picture Credits
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

She knew who Arya was at least. The child, who seemed much more adult than a babe, spoke, and another approached, all of them displaying various hues of anger. She wished she could tell them to not let their emotions take sway, to handle the situation calmly, play a poor hand with a clever smile and an excellent poker face. Wearing your heart on your sleeve left it bruised a broken, and there was a silver lining to every rain cloud. Instead, she glanced at the strong, worthy females who gathered and stepped forward, listening to Gaucho.

He appeared to be caught off guard by her presence and handled himself appropriately. Ophelia wanted to roll her eyes at his expression, irritated by the overly masculine desire to beat problems into submission. Problems were meant to be solved, not destroyed. "On the contrary, if she did not steal any of your family and only tried, why is that a call for violence?" she asked, trying very hard to keep her irritation within and not plastered across her pristine, pale features. "Nevermind." He wouldn't understand.

"And what of that one of yours who tried to steal one of ours? Should I go to your borders, march and demand retribution?" she asked pointedly, raising a brow.

That conversation seemed so irrelevant now. His words, heavy and heartbreaking, fell on her ears, and she stared in disbelief. Phaedra was dead? Ophelia felt another fissure crack at the ice holding pieces of her heart together, and she clenched her jaw, trying to remember the mantra of not displaying emotions. Was every she loved going to die? Was she a relic in a generation in which she no longer belonged? "I'll be there," she replied, voice cracking ever so slightly. "Phaedra... was also one of mine."

Ophelia nodded to Hotaru before glowering at Gaucho. "No need to be rude, Guacho," she chastised before turning sharply away, the news of a friend's death weighing heavily on her heart. The pale princess glanced at those who gathered, waiting for their spy and the pegasus to leave before speaking. "Do not be angry over this," she said clearly. "Hotaru is a spy and Gaucho is taking her into the heart of their land. She will see and hear things we would otherwise be unable to know - which is valuable. We will get her back soon enough."

Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

The gold glared at the small sleeping awn across the cave. It rested on one of the wolf hides and was covered in the other, but from the look of it, the gold might rip them away. Snorting he turned away. Had he known that that creature was to come from the orb he never would have touched the damn thing. It was the last thing he needed right now, just as his strength was returning, to be stuck with a little needy fawn. In addition the creature had broke the only thing he had really cared about, the orb. Looking back at its cracked remains towards the back of the cave the gold sighed and again turned towards the cave opening. He had liked the orb, but certainly did not enjoy what came out of it. He was the Thief of the Basin, he had no time for these silly small matters. Speaking of being a Thief, a commotion down in the valley below drew his attention. A familiar fire bird flamed into the picture the gold knew he needed to go. Oh but the fawn. With pinned ears he looks back at the blissfully sleeping babe. Who the hell cared what happened to it. Slipping out into the snow the gold headed down to the gathering.

Cantering as quickly as he could through the pines which separated his cave from the lands below the gold clenched his jaw in concentration. As he ran, his legs began to blur then go crystal clear and disappear. A set look upon his brow forced the disappearing magic to rise until even the tip of his horns vanished, and all that was left was a kicking up of snow. With a grin the gold looked back quick to see nothing but snow. That view had taken getting used to, but the joy of being invisible quickly eased the weirdness. Now he could really see what was going on. Coming to the edge of the pines the gold slowed to a walk. His tassled tail behind him swept along from side to side as he walked, trying to cover his tracks as much as possible, though it was not a complete covering up. Looking ahead the invisible gold could see that more horses had gathered. Time to figure out what this was all about. The gold had spent far too much time locked away in his cave, sick or with that damn fawn, now for some action.

Stepping forward he crept up as quietly as he could to the group. Sure enough the flaming bird stood in the center of it all, along with a pink mare who the gold knew to be a spy with his rank. The no on-lady was there too. Her white and red frame standing bold and tall. The gold listened as they discussed another murder, and the listing of charges. A few woeful goodbyes and a curious word from the lady to the pink and the fire bird proceeded to lead off with her. Then the lady turned to her subjects, both those seen and unseen. So, what is what she whispered? To spy upon the Throat? A seriousness pressed on the gold’s face. Did the lady know that the golden hide in the depths of the Throat in plain sight? Or had Deimos been too possessive of secrets to let it slip? Regardless he need not stay here any longer. It was clear the Throat was getting more….desperate and aggressive. Not to mention the pink one, Hotaru would eventually need to get back in one piece. The gold grinned to think of the look on her face if he walked up to her there as a free unicorn. He did so enjoy a free pass to anywhere he choose.

Slipping away from the group, with tail trying to hide the tracks the gold began to move towards the Arch to head to the Throat. He was half way there when a nagging feeling began to prick at his chest. He was forgetting something. But he wouldn’t need his wolf hide any longer, and his steely crown was still proudly placed atop his head. What could he be missing? The fawn? The invisible gold paused for a moment. If he went back he would loose sight of the fire bird and his captive. Snorting he tried to continue, but the worry continued. Stomping in the snow the gold spun around, not caring who saw the snow and in a whirlwind of a canter raced up the cave above. He would gather the fawn and then head south, carrying the damn thing if he had too. Once again the gold was reminded that the little one was more of a pain than he was worth.

OOC :: INNNVIIIISIBLE...but if you really want you can see he tracts in the snow.
"speech"

credits

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
I Ain't Got Time To Bleed

Battles are fought, and sometimes they are lost, not won. It is a gamble. It seems that this battle was lost. And the loser was one of our own. A winged stag stands proud and tall with his prize. Faint recognition flutters in me at looking at this pretty mare. I had seen her from time to time. A child stands there, and the likeness I can only assume she is the daughter of the leaving woman, and someone else... Deodat maybe? There are a few others present, One I don't recognize, and Rhea. As the lithe fit form moves closer, I catch the sight of hoofprints, though I ignore them for the most part, instead continuing on catch the words of Ophelia.

As I arrive I come to a halt, and watch as the winged stag begins to lead Hotaru away. I look at her daughter and back to the mother. Pity rolls through me, as I cannot imagine being forced to leave my daughter alone. Even if I knew she would be safe... But with the recent events even that is questionable. My dark ears pin back as my head is lifted high. Dark blue eyes turn to look at Ophelia and I nod. This was a good thing in an awful horrible way. Glacia pulls up beside me, and nudges my side carefully. My dark eyes travel down to her icy ones. She isn't looking at me however, but at the other child. Does she know her? I don't recall them meeting. My soft muzzle reaches down to touch Glacia's mane. It is amazing, as I don't have to reach far any longer, as my daughter has grown an amazing amount since her birth. I look back up as mother and daughters attention are back on the pink woman, before we too are retreating back to our home.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[]
Words;; 311 words
Notes;; For information purposes! :)

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!