the Rift

[PRIVATE] Bleeding Hearts

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel
If Love Were Food, I Would Have Starved On The Bones You Gave Me.” .

Trying to think back to all the times that she had used her magic there was not one time where something nearby hadn't burst into flame. Why hadn't it happened this time when Bucephalus had come too close? Clearly there were many things that she did not know about the gift she had been given much to her annoyance. Why had she been gifted with such a dangerous magic without so much as a clue as to its abilities? Yes she was smart but with something that could so easily hurt those she cared about how could she be expected to control it safely? Illynx had tried to help her understand its powers but that was minutes before she had attempted to electrocute her for some unknown reason. Her flames had sure responded negatively to that as they attempted to burn her attacker to a crisp. Come to think of it she had no idea if they had or not. Was her power nothing more than a pretty magic trick? The entire weight of all the thoughts burdened her greatly making her wish that there was a way to rid herself of all that plagued her. Surely this blue fire was not just a trick, it had burned before but why not now? The memory of the magical door crept back into sight revealing that ugly horrible beast that had emerged from within. It had been trying to escape but all those that had gathered put a stop to it by slaughtering her. No matter how ugly the thing was she still felt bad for helping to take its life. Her fire had acted to her will and burned the creature alive. What was the difference between then and now?

Fear had managed to overcome her fueling the fire before making it burn hotter and much brighter with the monster. She had been terrified of the thing but had still pursued to protect everyone else from the beast. Was it because she had wanted it to burn? Thinking about it there really wasn't a whole lot of difference between then and now. She was petrified of hurting Bucephalus by accident as a result of the fire but she didn't want to burn him. Managing a small smile in response to Buce's comments she stayed still letting herself be warmed along with her friend. Things just didn't make sense and it was frustrating her greatly. " It doesn't make sense."

Staring down at the hard earth she tried to pull together her train of thoughts in the hopes of explaining. " It has never been like this before. It has burned others in the past and set too many things ablaze. I don't understand it." Shaking her head slightly she looked up to where her skin and the stallion's dark hide pressed together. The fire flickered around her body entirely emitting its heat but yet no burns mottled the pegasus where it grazed over him. Was the key perhaps laying in her emotions? She had felt the need to protect herself all the times before when fear had turned her blood to ice, but right now she was not scared of someone hurting her..

" Why did you try to save me? Why not just let me drown?" She finally said after a couple minutes of silence. Surely someone would think of their own safety before trying to help another in peril that was practically a stranger. If it were her in the same situation she would have tried to help regardless of the danger but that was just her personality. She could not stand back and watch someone die, not after she had seen so much death in her short life.

"Speech"
@[Bucephalus]
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Messages In This Thread
Bleeding Hearts - by Brisa - 11-23-2014, 01:49 AM
RE: Bleeding Hearts - by Bucephalus - 11-25-2014, 10:03 PM
RE: Bleeding Hearts - by Brisa - 11-25-2014, 11:12 PM
RE: Bleeding Hearts - by Bucephalus - 11-29-2014, 09:27 PM
RE: Bleeding Hearts - by Brisa - 11-29-2014, 10:45 PM
RE: Bleeding Hearts - by Bucephalus - 11-30-2014, 12:30 AM
RE: Bleeding Hearts - by Brisa - 11-30-2014, 02:14 PM
RE: Bleeding Hearts - by Bucephalus - 12-01-2014, 01:03 AM
RE: Bleeding Hearts - by Brisa - 12-01-2014, 01:53 AM
RE: Bleeding Hearts - by Bucephalus - 12-01-2014, 02:48 AM