the Rift

[PRIVATE] All we want is danger
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Gaucho could nearly see the beginnings of the rise of the rocky precipices that lined the World's Edge through the curtain of vines and leaves.

Bucephalus had mentioned only a few days prior that the colts he had brought home with him were from the Edge but that he didn't know his way there, which prompted the realization of Gaucho's own ignorance: he didn't know where the Edge was either. He knew roughly where it was, but hadn't stepped hoof there before (had he?). If he had, he didn't recall - perhaps the Sun God hadn't fully restored all of his memories. But if he had erased the Edge it must have been for a good reason. Nevertheless, the Wildfire decided to make the venture Northish to find the land of mist and cliffs.

As he flew the increased chill in the air made gliding difficult. Without the warm thermals beneath his wings, Gaucho was finding it harder and harder to maintain a steady pace. Unsure of what he would encounter once he reached the Edge, the WildFire decided to descend; no use in burning himself out before anything had happened. So, tucking his wings to his sides and angling his body, he lowered himself to the ground in a spiraling arch, landing easily. His large body moved beneath a tree where the snow was not quite so deep. Snorting, he recalled the last time he had been here, sparring with Oxy. A wan smile parted his lips as he thought of the bruises and cuts each had sustained and just how long they had taken to heal. It had been a good scrap between the two, for they were well matched.

Breaking his train of thought was a rustle to his left. Grunting, the dun pushed himself away from the tree and spread his wings from his sweaty and steaming flanks. Beating them once, Gaucho caused an arch of fire to burst forward, melting the snow the snow directly before him and creating more even footing. The snow melted a pathway that led about 30 feet before him. Dark ears flickered slightly as he moved forward, stormy cast narrowing to find the source of the noise.

@[Cheveyo]

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper
Winter had taken it's toll on the lands of Helovia, everything seemed to be moving slower as the puffy white flakes drifted from the pale grey clouds above. It was almost as if the snow was some kind of slow working sleeping powder and eventually we would all fall to it's mystical powers, falling into a deep slumber that would only break with the coming of Birdsong and the blooming of flowers. Chestnut ears tugged back, pressing against my skull in efforts to keep the snow from drifting into my ear canals as I headed towards the Secret Grove, a place I tended to avoid because of all the mushy couples that made me honestly sick to my stomach. There was no way that I would ever allow my happiness to be so dependent on another being, I was the reason why I was where I was today. Nobody else had helped me, other than Kwahu and he was now walking among the other brave two legs who died in battles.
Even as my painted hooves were plowing through the snow I wasn't sure why exactly I had decided to head to the Grove today. Maybe curiousity had finally killed the cat as I assumed that the amount of couples stinking up the place with their happiness and romance would be of a lesser amount because the snow was so thick. Not to mention with the recent death of the lovers, it would be surprising to see a large group of them out anywhere for fear they might be the next ones picked off. A snort blew through rosy paper thins as my white washed skull shook in feeble efforts to push some of the snow off of my body and onto the ground where it belonged. Oh how I yearned for the warm weather to return.
Almost as if on cue, a gust of burning hot air washed over my painted frame, a feeling no one would expect in the middle of a snow storm unless it was created by someone who was trying to stay warm. Once again, curiosity got the better of me and my path was adjusted ever so slightly so I would be coming up wherever the fire starter was. Moments later I found myself standing in a dry clearing beneath a willow tree, nearly alone if it weren't for the hulking bay pegasus who stood before me. Orchid drifted across the stallion momentarily, hesitating over the markings that spoke familiarly to me, this was the stallion that I had met in the Threshold when he was threatening to kill the bat winged creature just before Aurelia came in like a scorned lover. Ears flicked forwards as I attempted to make eye contact with the stallion's stormy eyes and my vocal chords began to tremble. "Gaucho. How are you?" I didn't even know if the bay would remember who I was considering the frantic state he had been in during our introduction, but it was worth a shot.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Gaucho]
Words;; 505
OOC;; Sorry this took so long love <3

Original Image

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!
Ascended Helovian

He remembered. Some things were hazy to be sure, as if when the God of the Sun restored his memories part of the sticky substance that held his memories hidden was still coating a few things. But Cheveyo was clear. He recalled her markings, her body, her eyes, but most of all her language. There were so few that spoke a dialect even remotely similar to his that it would surely be bizarre if that was a fact that he had forgotten.

But he hadn't.

"Ohara eya ivezh." He offered, for he didn't actually know her name; or perhaps there simply were certain parts of their initial meeting that he had forgotten. It didn't seem important.

He turned his hardened body towards hers, mildly curious at the number of markings that her pelt bore. Did she have this many last time? He had been preoccupied at that time, but this was another aspect he couldn't remember. Maybe he had forgotten more than he had previously thought. Her markings outnumbered his own, which was impressive. The black markings that striped his legs and darkened his eyes, ears, and back were the only natural markings he bore; the gold, blue, and red that coloured his body likely were the result of similar contributions and victories as hers were.

In his antlers Mara slithered forward, black eyes inspecting the mare. Where did she come from? Rather jealously, Mara imagined Gaucho and the painted mare together. Perhaps not romantically or sexually, but bound together in war and duty if nothing else. Something told the gun-steel coloured snake that they shared a common soul.

"Before ... Gaucho lost his memories. They back now." He offered, for some reason feeling that offering a justification for his behaviour in the seasons past was necessary. "Sun God fix it."

Wanting to expand the pathway that the two stood upon, Gaucho angled his body slightly away from the painted warrior. His wings retracted before swiftly beating forwards and forcing an arch of flames to leave his blackened wings. With expert precision a new trail was forced just above the one they stood on, expanding the cleared area by melting the snow. Luckily the frozen ground did not ignite, although a few leaves that clung to the soul did sizzle slightly.

@[Cheveyo]

ivezh; wild
ohara; daughter

Image Credits

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper

It was almost uncomfortable how warm it was beneath the boughs of the tree now that the Wildfire had destroyed all of the snow on the path in which I had been walking. A gentle smile tugged at the corners of my lips as the primitive stallion spoke in his native tongue, one that was so close, yet so different from the one that I had learned as a child. It was almost strange to admit that I was bilingual, but it had came in handy with my entrance into the Threshold after the death of Kwahu. My white washed skull lowered ever so slightly, finding it comforting to be called a wild daughter once again, I thought it was strange also, that the bay who was clearly a hardened animal of war was marked with so few of our paintings.
As orchids came forward they locked in with the beady eyes of the serpent that weaved it's way easily in the stallion's antlers. Chestnut ears flicked forward as I watched the pale snake while it was staring at me, or rather through me. My weight shifted back and to the right, causing my hind left leg cock upwards to assist my body in balancing while I pulled my eyes away from the Wildfire's bonded to search his own frame for any markings I may have missed the first time we ran into each other. The one that stood out the most was of course the sun that circled his pale, stormy eyes, this marking in particular seemed to be painted the same shade of yellow as the triangles on my hooves. There was no way to tell for sure though, so rather than mull over it I shifted to the stallion's other markings, the blue stripes against his heavily muscled chest, likely built up from carrying the heavy wings on his shoulders his entire life.
"Before ... Gaucho lost his memories. They back now. Sun God fix it." Gaucho's deep, heavy lyrics interrupted my search for any other markings as he did what I assumed to be justifying, or apologizing for his actions the day that we met in the Threshold. My attention was pulled back to the stallion's hardened features while he spoke, once I was satisfied that he was done I allowed my own vocals to spill into the air that was growing warmer once again as the stallion turned away to widen our grass filled area. "Atsi svti, how do you remember me then?" I was a part of the time when his memory had been wiped, wouldn't his memory returning cause the time when he had no memory to be fuzzy?

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Gaucho]
Words;; 448
OOC;; I'm sorry it sucks ;__; I struggled for some reason
Translations;; Atsi svti - fire maker

Original Image

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!
Ascended Helovian

Her words made him smile more than he intended to - but once his lips parted with emotion no amount of tugging of his cheeks could displace the smile. Sohalia had tried to learn his language, and indeed she was doing well. However she spoke like one who learned everything by the book - the inflection of her words was slightly off, and her annunciation was a little too perfect. To hear her call him an asti svti awoke a longing in his heart that he didn't realize even existed. A longing for others like him. While in his tongue the phrase was vorsa movelat, he understood the base upon that which her language was built on - or at least some of it. It had some variation that he didn't understand, but for the most part her language seemed simply to be a condensed version of his own, eliminating syllables for brevity perhaps.

"Gaucho live in Helovia before.. was leader of Throat. But Gaucho tricked into leaving after wraiths come.." His gaze clouded and his view distorted as his minds eye pictured the events. "Darkness came .. move Throat into caves. Fight Wraiths and then ... then Gaucho not remember. When I come into Threshold, not remember any of that. But I remember you. Remember yeri vishiya." He concluded, nosing with his bone-pierced muzzle towards the markings that adorned her body.

Inhaling, Gaucho regarded the mare with a selfish interest. He couldn't detect from where she heralded. Having never been to the Edge, the scent of moss and ocean and fog that lingered was not one he presently could place. Perhaps if she was without a home she could join him ... Certainly she would be a welcome and happily received member of the herd regardless of the selfish reasons that Gaucho would have for bringing her: such as her colours, her language, and yes, her body. Cheveyo was nothing if not appealing to the dun, but for a softer reason than one might expect. Sohalia was like a diamond, pristine and glistening, fully of light and mystery. Ampere was hardened and hot headed, passionate and powerful. Cheveyo was ... while surely she held a mystery and grace all of her own, it was her familiarity that ultimately drew and held Gaucho's attention. She spoke in a language that was not entirely foreign, and bore markings that the dun understood and carried as well. Whatever soul beat within her breast, surely it was the same as his own.

"Gaucho Sultan of Throat again. Where you stay?"

@[Cheveyo]

vorsa movelat; fire creator
yeri vishiya; your colors

ivezh; wild
ohara; daughter

Image Credits