the Rift

When I'm Not Young and Beautiful

Sigunn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
SIGUNN
will you still love me when I'm not young and beautiful?
As though released from a lover's embrace, she was gradually released from its hold, the hold of the bridge-between-worlds that had brought her here. It was like she had been encased in her prince's gentle grasp, though she feared it was for the last time. All too soon the last evidences of Loricatus' love were lost to her. The air stilled and Sigunn remembered for a moment what normalcy was, what it was like to breath in regular breaths rather than desperate gasps. She had not been drowned; she was alive.

The dappled mare raised her head so that her face might look upon the heavens. For a second she imagined that it was her constellations that she saw. Then they were gone, replaced with an unfamiliar array of strange ones. The night was nearly silent, but it was bright. She blinked, confused. Where had he sent her? To safety, surely, but the realm was not one she recognized. Terr had waged many little wars despite its own peacefulness, claiming to spread freedom to the realms were it wreaked havoc and beckoned bloodshed. Wherever Loricatus had chosen for her, it was either considered by Terrin royalty to be of no significance, or of no hope. Sigunn cast fuchsia lenses about the place. It seemed harmless, a place of passing travelers. Behind her, a path of trees narrowed as it reached a mountain pass. Before her lay a stretch of open meadow surrounded by dense forests.

The warrior princess took a step forward as intrigue began to mask shock. She felt like a newborn, so suddenly was she shoved into an entirely new existence. She inhaled deeply simply for the sensation of oxygen betwixt her lungs. Suddenly she reared and extended her magnificent sails just to remind herself that she was real. Iron-hard hooves landed heavily upon the ground and she drew her downy wings to her sides, shaking out her mane so that the silken tresses fell smoothly to the ground. With the grace of a queen she regained her composure, falling into the posture of the princess she had been so close to becoming. She felt a shift within herself, like her blood had turned to sand and her body to an hourglass. Whatever longevity she had possessed, it was gone. It was not something she cared to bother herself with in that particular moment, for more pressing issues refused to be ignored any longer.

This was the land were travelers started over. This was the land where she was to be safe. In her heart she yearned for her sweet Loricatus, and already she tried senselessly to come up with a plan, any plan, that would take her back to him. But the best way for something lost to be found was to stay in one place, and so she would.

""

Serenity Posts: 78
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 7 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Avis
Serenity
Feel the wind pass through my body, I am one with your soul...

This is where everything had started. She had been found here. Maybe it was someone else's turn to be found too. Serenity needed an anchor, something positive to keep her grounded or she would be tempted to fly away completely. With the death looming around her hooves, the sky was her safe haven, and returning to land was difficult. She never knew what atrocities she would find on the surface, and her heart was ill equipped to manage the tragedy.

Closing her eyes, she let herself tumble gracefully downward, dodging boughs of trees leaden with winter's white. The starkissed mare felt her hooves come to rest on the forest floor and spied in the distance another. Perhaps a newcomer? Would this be one she could herald into the fold of the Dragon's Throat? A welcome princess to join the ranks of her friends? Serenity smiled, her naivety and innocence blooming from her expressions like the first flower of summer.

"Hello," she called kindly, trotting forward and greeting this stranger with all of her awkward graces. The foreigner was beautiful, with primrose eyes and gorgeous dapples over her two-toned frame. Obviously she was someone special from the way she carried herself - so self-assured and lovely. Serenity felt herself pale in comparison since composure and attitude were often the most obvious signs of beauty.

"My name is Serenity, and this is the land of Helovia. What is your name?" she tried to be polite and remember her manners. The words tumbled out of her lips so fast and poorly. She felt like a silly teenager. "Uhm. You are welcome to stay here, if you want. I can show you to my home?"

@[Sigunn]

I-mi @ Da

STARS FADING BUT I LINGER ON DEAR
STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS
(Please tag me in every post)

Sigunn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
SIGUNN
will you still love me when I'm not young and beautiful?

The rhythmic sound of trotting hooves jarred Siggun to her senses, forcefully removing her from her disconnected reverie. For a second she forgot her heartbreak and remembered her manners, and opened downy sails half-way as she slipped into a friendly curtsy. It was a fairly informal greeting, typically reserved for reunions with friends that had been separated. The pegasus that greeted her was a stranger, but the gesture felt appropriate - whoever this woman was, Sigunn took her for a kind soul. She had not seen another of her kind in all her life; oft did a horn adorn the Terrin skull, but rarely did wings grace the Terrin figure.

"Greetings," she dared offer, a polite smile fastened to her lips. She had been taught that strangers lied to strangers within the first five seconds of meeting them, if they chose to. Helovia had been mentioned briefly by her tutors, only to be quickly pushed aside in pursuit of something more important. Why, exactly, was not a question she could answer. Terr had hidden more from her than she had ever imagined. In any case, it was no lie — this woman appeared in all regards trustworthy. Moreover, Serenity was one of her own. Her sister of the sky, in a manner of speaking. Why, then, did Sigunn hesitate? "I am Sigunn, of Terr." she added smoothly, letting her own vocals drown out the buzzing between her ears, for a million thoughts did entangle themselves there. Did it even matter where she went, anymore? Surely there were other places, other herds, each with members that would trip over themselves at the opportunity to snag another number to swell their ranks. It almost sickened the warrior-borne femme to realize that she had fallen to the bottom of a food-chain she had very nearly topped. She now stood as little more than a carcass for vultures to drool and squabble over. Not to say that Serenity was anything of the sort, for already Sigunn had taken a liking to the mare's welcoming charm and youthful innocence. Under different circumstances, she was the sort Sigunn would have made every attempt to befriend. If only the fallen princess-to-be were not still in the midst of trying to figure out what that pounding sensation was. Could it be? The heart in a physical sense was a steadier organ in the Terrin body, healthier and sturdier to the point of allowing near-immortality. Here it seemed rather alarmingly erratic, affected by emotion in a way that it had not been before. It was a tiring sensation to address, an impossible one to avoid, not unlike almost everything at that particular moment.

Her rose-hued optics gazed calmly upon the other woman even as Sigunn betrayed her fragile facade and inhaled deeply so as to steady herself. "If you would, please. That would be wonderful." came her gracious acceptance of the offer extended only seconds earlier. The dappled mare had in many ways begun to resign herself to her fate. It simply would get no better than this.

She would have to make do.

@[Serenity]