the Rift

[PRIVATE] a thousand years

Phantom Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

PHANTOM
So scatter all my ashes when I'm dead And shatter every legend in my head

"Ophelia." Phantom said in response to Paladin's question. "I met with her a short time ago after arriving here and being taken to the Basin. She leads there." She watched the stallion's face for his reaction, wondering how he knew so little of his children's whereabouts when he had so few, or so she assumed from the two names he had spoken. "The other I have not met as of yet. If she is as steadfast as her sister then I must commend you on raising two strong daughters." The corners of her mouth quirked upward and a short laugh escaped her. "Ophelia is .... quite reasonably distrustful of our family. She is a smart girl. I am sorry that I have no information on Ktulu. If I find anything out I can give you information if we cross paths again." For whatever reason part of her suspected that she would not be meeting her brother again. Intuition. Phantom snorted quietly. Intuition was nothing more than a fallacy.

Pale ears tilted forward as she listened to Paladin speak of thinking Riekahn was wise. "We are all born fools." She replied. "Riekahn exploited that a thousand times over. Fortunately for us, we learned. We became intelligent. We became individuals. We may be mortal and we may die before there is ever a grave deep enough to hide Riekahn's foul body, but we will not die fools."

The air seemed to become thick and quite heavy as the subject turned from Riekahn to Donovan and his passing. Phantom nodded her agreement and hope that his line had not died out with him. "Ophelia did say that her sister gave Donovan a proper funeral." She said, offering that little tidbit of information to the Valiant. "It does nothing to bring him back, but there is a little bit of comfort in knowing that he was not cast aside and forgotten." She disliked speaking of her brother's death, but did not allow it to show on her face. Paladin may have been her other brother, but she did not know him well and did not care to share her pain or grief with him.

"Thank you." She replied in response to the information he had given her about the pegasi in the other herds. "I will make a point of visiting them to see if I can garner any information on the killer." She was not sure if seeking the killer was really a noble cause or something she was doing simply out of self preservation. The sooner whoever it was was caught the sooner she could allow herself to relax, even just a little.

Phantom was surprised when Paladin asked her to watch over his daughters and guide them. How was she to do that? She was not a guide. His worry over them, however, was well founded as history always seemed to repeat itself. "You love your daughters." She murmured. "I wonder if you told them before they struck out on their own."

"."

@[Paladin]

Messages In This Thread
a thousand years - by Phantom - 11-24-2014, 02:53 PM
RE: a thousand years - by Paladin - 11-25-2014, 02:57 PM
RE: a thousand years - by Phantom - 11-25-2014, 07:00 PM
RE: a thousand years - by Paladin - 12-04-2014, 02:21 PM
RE: a thousand years - by Paladin - 12-24-2014, 12:58 AM
RE: a thousand years - by Phantom - 12-28-2014, 11:55 PM