the Rift

[PRIVATE] Isolate and Medicate
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia did not miss the sensation of Torleik leaving her side, his expression painfully obvious. The tilt of his ears weighed her heart but the sneer pained her enough to spark her slow burning temper. Sharp, two toned eyes tracked as he left, white fur taunt over her features as she clenched her jaw tightly. The icy heart in her chest pounded angrily, and she turned her attention forcefully back to the present meeting until it ended. She did not miss Torleik's greeting to the bronze stallion, though.

Fine. Leave.

He had brought her here despite her warnings! She had explained the situation with her daughter once before. The nervousness of others to her leadership made sense, but his? To just leave? Was he so upset with her power that he was going to abandon her like everyone else?

You promised.

This was why her heart was not so freely gifted, guarded beneath layers of ice formed with each abandonment, death and cruel word. This was why she had warned herself - and him - that she was broken. Still, the rune stallion had pushed, coaxing the ice with the fire of his words until he got deep enough to hurt. Ophelia was surrounded with faces she barely knew, faces that scrutinized, scowled and doubted, and Torleik leaving felt like a rock foundation beneath her hooves crumbling to the sea. What did that say? That he would invite her and leave?

So many of these faces were dangerous. The path of leadership was one that she had to tread carefully, words weighed, actions considered. Tinek took off from the snow to follow the stallion, ensuring that Ophelia could find him easily later - when she was prepared to yell. Tinek hoped that she would yell, for once.

The meeting ended, and Ophelia followed to where Tinek indicated through their mental bond. She thanked him as her hooves carried her to shallows that hummed with steam and heat. They stopped at the edge of one, looking down at Torleik as he stood in the water. Though she valiantly attempted to control her expression, the pain and mistrust tainted the shine in her eyes.

"Do you have a problem with me being a strong, female leader?" she asked pointedly, trying to keep her tone even. In actuality, the effort to hide her anger made the words emerge almost whispered. She stood still, flawless and proud marble that was cracking at the foundation.

Heartstrings Come Undone
You know I'm trying to believe that you're never gonna leave...
Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 06:51 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-26-2014, 07:17 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 09:27 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-26-2014, 11:13 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 11:33 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-27-2014, 12:04 AM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-27-2014, 01:10 AM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-27-2014, 01:42 AM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 12-18-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 12-19-2014, 01:35 PM