[PRIVATE] Isolate and Medicate
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia
I was the reason you feel sick inside

Ophelia watched with furrowed brows, expression tight, as Torleik focused the whole of his attention on the tiny, destructive creature. He bowed his great body to the ground, coming face to face with her, the little griffin who barely took up the space of his muzzle. Feeling uncomfortable in the open, emotional situation, she turned her face, staring off into the treeline and shifting her weight onto one hip. Gray lips were curled into a slight frown, wondering why in this world she did not deserve the same affection that was given to others so easily.

She was broken.

She was the overlooked toy, the one left in the chest when everyone had already taken what they wanted.

Tinek flew overhead, a silent and grown sentinel in the sky. She felt his presence now as a strength instead of that of a child. He was wise, the two a pair, equal in minds and often conflicting in their idea of wisdom. Ophelia was glad to see him grown into his own role, a dragon king, but she did miss him as a child. She supposed this is what being a parent felt liked, if she were any good at parenting. Roskuld sat in her mind as a guilty weight, a stone of failure mixed with love and loss. Phi wanted to make it right, but how could she?

The weight of his gaze caught her attention, and she furrowed her brows again, slowly sliding her head around to find him still on the ground. She wondered why he was staring, what he was thinking. Soon enough, he stood up, rather gracefully for such a gigantic beast. Though she too was tall, his stature was far thicker, and she was always impressed when the muscular ones managed to move like dancers.

Another apology. Who was this Torleik? So few actually repented their actions against others. She had expected him to brush her off when she had stated her grievances. In her anger, she had expected a fight, one that would leave her with one less friend - as always. He was such a surprise, an enigma... something... different in this world with similarly shaped puzzle pieces. Torleik was a corner.

He spoke, and she listened, confused by the gesture and confused by him in general. When her statistical view of the world managed to crumble at her hooves, her expectations incorrect, she was often thrown. "Thank you," she said quietly, wondering when the sting of him leaving would fade. Ophelia remembered all, every word, every feeling... This made the concept of 'forgive and forget' difficult, and she was a rather vengeful creature at the core.

But she did want to forgive. That counted for something, right?

Ophelia wanted to tell him that he couldn't make promises like that - that he would fail. She would fail. They would fail each other. The thought was... nice, but so wrong. Instead of snorting and telling him wrong, she held her tongue, attempting a small, brief smile that felt so awkward on her features. She had come here to fight, and now she was scrambling.

Now she had no idea what to say and felt incredibly awkward. "Ah, Irelyn looks... better," she said quietly.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 06:51 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-26-2014, 07:17 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 09:27 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-26-2014, 11:13 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 11:33 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-27-2014, 12:04 AM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-27-2014, 01:10 AM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-27-2014, 01:42 AM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 12-18-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 12-19-2014, 01:35 PM